Post Election Support Group

Yesterday was the final debate and Bush took a beating from Kerry. Even the Fox poll declared Kerry the winner at 60%. :thumbs:

The topic of this debate was domestic issues like the jobs, the economy etc. This is a topic where Kerry clearly had the upper hand and Bush is very weak and out of touch. However, I was a little frustrated about one thing. While this debate touched on many things including: health care, jobs, abortion, gay marriage, and they even slipped in a question about Iraq. Yet there were no questions about the environment :sad: which I think is an important issue.

Anyway, only 19 days till the election. For the first time I am feeling more optimistic about Kerry’s chances of winning. :smile:

They talked about the environment in the second debate, I was almost ready to throw TV out of the window when I heard Bush defending his environmental policies :grrr:

I’m glad Kerry is the winner of the second debate, but now the Cheneys are moaning about Kerry mentioning Cheneys daughter and I hope this will not affect the polls :neutral:

Lets just hope this all ends up in a good way. BTW…insnt there a 3rd debate?

The third debate was wednesday evening :tongue:

I am not american and I can’t understand, is it hard for people to chose? I mean if you are conservative or right, you vote for Bush. If you are liberal or left you vote for Kerry. It must be very easy to make up you mind about who to vote for.

I wish we didn’t depend so much on america’s economy because then we non-americans could all just laught at the idiocy, like if abortion becomes forbidden. Actually i think i will laught if that happens. “Welcome back to the 18-hundreds…” :smile:

Thats true, thats why the debates don’t really mean anything. It was something like 6% who are undecided. Of course everything is split even so the 6% will mean a lot.

Right now our country is evenly divided that is why it is so hard to predict who is going to win. This division is even worse than the 2000 election. Unless something drastic happens and one candidate wins by a lot I am sure there will be lots of recounts and court challenges.

Yes they did and I definitely agree with your feeling. I just wish it was brought up again in the 3rd debate. It is another area where Kerry is strong.

This year they are talking about the “undecided” voter even more than previous elections. What I do not understand is how anyone can be undecided. :confused: These two candidates offer radicly different approaches to almost everything. What is there to be undecided about?

Anyway, some commentator said the other day that. “never in our countries history did a candidate win all 3 debates then go on to loose the election”. If that is historically true lets hope it holds true in this election as well. In all honesty, I can not say Kerry won all 3 debates. In my opinion debate # 2 was a tie. However, it appears that Kerry benefitted from it more than Bush did.

Theres always a first for everything.

I am absolutely SICK that i am not old enough to vote in this election. This election to me is extremely important to the future of the united states, yet alone, the world.

Being only 15 years old really sucks when you are as politically charged and active as I am. While I cannot contribute my vote to help getting homie out of the office, I can campaign for Kerry and that is EXACTLY what i am doing. I am doing anything I can to help Kerry win this election. I am avoudly democrat. While my dad is also democrat and voting for kerry, my mom was originally for bush because she saw kerry as having “good plans” but she thinks he just couldn’t do what he says. but after watching fahrenheit 9/11, she has changed her mind and said she is voting for Kerry anyway. I am happy that since i cannot vote kerry, my parents are.

As for the debate, Kerry did an excellent job I though. at least the first one. but he started to not do as great in the latter 2. But still doing better than bush. at least in my opinion. I thought bush did a pretty good job in the 3rd debate, but kerry still having that slight edge on him. Everyone that supports Kerry on this board, it would be great if you all joined up with your local Democratic headquarters and helped campaign!
I leave you all on this note… Vote Kerry in '04! :content:

Good advice!!!

It is good to see yong people take an interest in politics. While your can’t vote for president here is a vote you can cast.

Nice avatar BTW

My last post is gone :uh:

Sorry I found it. Wrong thread :confused:

Both Bush and Kerry spoke today. Bush in New Jersy and Kerry in Florida.

The only thing Bush spoke about was Iraq. The basic message behind all his rhetoric was vote for me and live. Vote for Kerry and die. Oh Please. Throughout the speech he referred to Kerry as his opponent refusing to acknowledge him by name. How caddy can one be. Anyway as I said his entire speech was about Iraq and nothing else. It is disheartening to see that President Bush does not seem to understand that there are other issues that concern us. Despite the fact that he lost the popular vote in 2000. Despite the fact that this race threatens to be even closer than it was in 2000. Despite the fact that we are more divided than I have ever seen. President Bush refuses to acknowledge that he might just be wrong on a few things and perhaps change some of his policies.

On the other hand in a much shorter speech Kerry spoke about Iraq, health care, the economy, and jobs. Yes, he was actually able to talk about more than one issue.

They both speak everyday. Taking one from today and saying he only talks about iraq is unfair though. Different days you speak about different topics.

I don’t think it is unfair at all. If either speaks again tomorrow and I get a chance to see it I will post about that as well. Neither said much of anything over the weekend and today was the first day (that I saw) where both candidates talked about their issues. What is unfair though was how fox news did not air the first part of Kerry’s speech yet they claim to be “fair and balanced”???

Kerry had less air time than Bush and managed to cover a range of issues. Who is left that does not understand what Bush’s position on Iraq is. His position is abundantly clear so, why not talk about something else. Aside from Iraq and tax cuts for the uberwealthy Bush does not seem to have anything of substance to say on other topics. On the topic of fairness it is certainly unfair to imply that if you elect Kerry you are all going to die which Bush did throughout his speech.

Well lets be fair here. Kerry said the same thing when he lied about how Bush plans to restart the draft.

I have heard others say that as well. Now perhaps I missed it (anything is possible). But, I have never heard Kerry actually say that. I have heard him say that our armed forces are over extended and that the guard and reserves are being used as a back door draft but, I never heard him say that Bush plans to institute the draft. I know that members of congress, Republican and Democrats alike, have expressed concern over our current deployments and are frightened that if some other threat emerged a draft might be necessary. I just don’t think Kerry himself has said it. Now if he did say it and he had no good faith basis for saying so then, I would agree with you that it would be unfair.

He said if bush was elected again there would be “a strong probability” of the draft comming back. So if you want to get into semantics, he might have never said bushed “plans” it but between that and his ads its pretty clear hes trying to scare people.

Just like when he was talking to a group of older people he tried to scare them by saying bush plans to privatize social security and none of them will get any money. He even used a made up quote of bush saying it, which he never did!

Of course then the democrats(even if it wasn’t kerry himself) sent out flyers of a black man getting shot with a fire hose saying something to the extent that republicans are trying to suppress the black vote.

Its a real nice election isn’t it?

Kerry Sucks

Well that is not really far fetched. Unless things get better who knows what would happen in the future. Right now we are irritating many countries who shall we say are not on our Christmas list. If another crisis were to erupt where would we get the soldiers from. Either pull out of Iraq and leave it to fend for it’s self or quickly Increase our armed services. For that matter what happens if things get worse in Iraq and we need more soldgers. I think what Kerry is pointing out is you have to think 2 or 3 moves a head of yourself. How many people do you know that right now would volunteer to serve in Iraq if the need arose? Do you know even one? If noone would volunteer then what alternative is left. But I agree things would have to get pretty extreme before this option is used. I would have to say this one is 50/50.

This is absolutely true. The bush plan would cause the government to do one of 2 things.

1. raise taxes
  2. cut benefits

Since bush does not want to raise taxes the only option is cutting benefits. Now the cuts in benefits may not happen right away but, make no mistake about it they will come. We just won’t know when or how much until we see how many people elect for these private accounts. Where as I can go 50/50 on bringing up the draft issue the social security issue is a major concern for seniors and people with disabilities. Kerry is 100% correct on this one.

I’ll give you that one. That was truly despicable. While I believe there is a serious need for reforms in our voting system. That was not the way to raise awareness to it and most likely only inflamed people who other wise might have been sympathetic to the issues. However, preventing people form voting who are eligible to vote is equally despicable. Everyone should have the right to vote and every vote should be counted.

The latest polls have Bush up by about 2%

I don’t think I can ever remember elections being the way they are now. Living in the southern part of the United States compared to have being raised in the northern part is an even bigger change. I’m completely for Kerry. I truly believe that Bush has fouled things up and can’t admit that he did. If he would just see that things are not going smoothly and work at that.

I think I said this on an earlier post about the draft. And if Bush doesn’t make changes and we’re not out of there(Iraq) soon and as Milod said we definitely are not on anyone’s christmas list this year, draft is more than probable. Privatizing and cutting benefits is going to be down right disasterous. Right now there are so many elderly and disabled that truly count on these benefits and are barely surviving as it is.

I’m not too sure with saying that Fox was unfair by not showing the beginning part of Kerry’s speech. It only showed me that poor Bush needed more time to get one point across where Kerry was able to touch on more than one topic in his short time.

I am for Kerry but I’m so disappointed right now. I just feel that the USA teaches and tries to enforce upon us that it is more important to have a leader that goes to church every sunday, is happily married, has strong family values, etc… than to put someone that can get the darn job done. Regardless of his gender, marital status, color, religion (if any).

:lmao: I like that one. Let’s all feel sorry for Bush.

Yes, teachers should not be teaching their views with politics. Though most universities are the worst offenders but, mostly for the democrats point of view. Perhaps we need a separation of politics and school just like church and state.

Yes this is one of the worst elections yet. I think for both sides there is so much at stake. People are also angrier than usual as well. The polls show the country as divided but, I am not so sure that is true. I think that if everyone that can vote does, Kerry wins by a good margin. What frustrates me is there are so many people that don’t vote. Anyway, I am sure (unfortunately) that things are going to get even nastier over the next 2 weeks on both sides.

That is the classic Bush syndrome. If he would just say “I made a mistake” or “I was wrong about that” he could turn things around for himself. This is the same thing that happened with Bush I.