I can't access Lucid Research, so I have a request...

I am in year 12, and i should currently be involved in doing a biology experiment that stretched over the entire year. I wanted to ask, is lucid dreaming and the dream world considered biology? would i be able to write a suitable, detailed report on an experiment in lucid dreaming? if you think this is possible, can you come up with any ideas and share them here, because i thought that the experienced lucid dreamers here would have quite a unique understanding and insight. Thank you!

Well I think that lucid dreaming would fit in more with psychology or neurology rather than biology so I am not sure if you could make it fit in or not. You should ask your teacher if it is ok.

In my opinion, lucid dream is considered neuro-biology and psychology.

I think it’s possible to write a suitable report. You’ll have to explain first the principles of sleep and dreaming ( sleep periods, Rapid Eyes Movement sleep, etc.)
Then you can introduce lucid dreaming (methods, experiments, examples).
In conclusion, you can explain some cases where lucid dreaming could be useful (overcoming nightmares is the most conclusive).

You can find a lot of scientific information on the Pr Stephen Laberge’s Lucidity Institute website.
Have a look on the chapter “LD litterature” on it. There are a lot of excerpts of Laberge’s book, and some research articles and abstracts.
I think you can also find information about (normal) dream in googling “REM sleep”.
You’ll have a more complete point of view about the question after reading that.
Good luck ! :smile: