Quetion! What is your method of becoming lucid

My way of becoming lucid is to eat stuff before goin to bed. My favfood to eat before goin to sleep is strawberries i am tryng to see if it help you become lucid easier. Another fav is water that way i now i am dreaming cause i got to go potty and usaullly my bathroom is gone in my dreams. Another way I go to sleep is to look at my ceiling and just stare and finnaly my eyes get tired and I go to sleep with a pleasent dream.
Wat are your ways of becoming lucid?

dude rush u must gots to go pee really really bad :} :} any ways i get to sleep by sometimes turning on the radio to MIX 98.5 (rush knows what that is) and having a little snack. last nite i had water and juice (not too much like u :} :} ) but just a little. Ill try that tonite and maybe ill get lucid again!!!

I have problems actually going to sleep. My mind always drifts off into tangents and sometimes I cannot focus. Any advice?

I’ve had 99% of my high-ld’s by first sleeping normally about 5-6 hours then waking and staying up so long I don’t feel sleepy anymore. When I go back to bed I do the relaxation, then I enter the hypnogogic-stage and hopyfully get a WILD, I if don’t get it, there’s still good change having DILD later in that night.

My mind seems to drift off on weird tangents too. I create a scenario in my head, just before I fall sleep. And then I let it go, and it plays out like a story, changeing and evolving, usually in very strange ways. I just kinda ‘watch’ my thoughts, and subtly change them, so I’ll just add a train of thought to my current one, eg “I’m dreaming” Then the train of thought changes, blending with what I add, etc…

I'ts kinda hard to explain.  Anyway, when I do this at 6 in the morning, as I drift back to sleep I usually get at least a bit lucid.  Although It's hard to do if I'm too tired or not tired enough.  

(Is this a kind of WILD?)

Also I have become lucid from reality checks, specifically counting my fingers.

My LD’s always happen in the morning hours, I usually get out of bed after 5 hours of sleep and then go back after 5min-1h. My LD’s are rarely a result of a RC, usually I just know I’m dreaming.

Thanx for your advise. I really appretiate it.I will try to try all of your advises.

I’ve been having what I would consider pretty good luck with lucid dreaming since I started learning about it a couple months ago. Basically I’ve been spending time reading about dreams and dream theory. I’ve purchased a couple books on the subject and spend time reading those every night in bed. Then I spend some time thinking about how I want to have a lucid dream and sort of just keep focusing on that idea as I go to sleep. I’ve been having 2-3 lucid dreams a week, all mostly low lucidity, but I can definately see them getting better. Also, flight has been the prevelant theme in my LDs thus far, spend some time imagining flying as you’re falling into sleep. Good luck.

:smile: