presure in the head.

when ever i try to astral project (OBE) i find that i get presure in my head, particularly around the forehead. Some times it feels like my head is going to explode or something.

Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

[color=green]
Well Insane,
I usually get that when I am meditaing wrong, or have my body tense when doing Qigong/Ch’iKung. When meditating or doing QiGong it is best not to think about anything unless you are fixing your awareness on anything. Then you just observe the object.

What you got there is what they call in Acupunture a “Yang Headache”
This can usually be alleviated by pressing downward(twords your neck)with your thumbs on GB20(Gall Bladder 20, you can usually find it in an acupunture book/encyclopaedia or do a google search or download Erle Montaigue’s Point location book: taijiworld.com/download/Point_location.zip ) at the back of your head this will get rid of that headache. This is also a great utility revival point if somone has fainted or has been knocked out. Just press upward instead (twords your skull).

Becareful not to press too hard. If you do, then it will become worse.
Then you will need to take both of your hands and press the meaty part of the base of your thumb against the side of your face about 1 cm before your ears. This will alleviate any GB20 damage, I.E. if you were struck there by some evil dim-mak idiot (lets hope not.)

Kind Regards,
PS
[/color]

thanks for the reply PS.

i’ll be sure to read up on this after dinner.

thanks again :smile:

What methods were you using?

sorry for the tardy reply, not been on much around the xmas hols.

the method i use is one where you lay (or sit comfitably) i prefere to lay down. and i guess the best way to discribed it is progress as if trying to slip into a medatitive state.