how do u become lucid by using food or drinks

Hello i was wondering what kinds of food can i eat before goin to sleep to help me have a lucid dream???

I can’t tell you what to eat but I can tell you what NOT to eat. Somebody said not to eat too much of anything right before going to bed if you want to LD, but definitely do not eat cheese or milk or any kind of dairy products, and preferably anything heavy. Or was that for astral projection? I’m pretty sure it was LDing though

There are various herbs and supplements you take in capsules and what not. Just look through the older threads and you’ll get plenty of ideas through there.

Anything with vitamin B6 will help you remember your dreams better. So a glass of orange juice or a banana will satisfy this. There was also a thread on Mint Tea where some people said that this will help you remember your dreams.

I guess I haven’t really answered your question but remembering your dreams will certainly mean you won’t forget any LD’s. :tongue:

-ceavou-

Warm milk can help release seritonin(sp?) in your brain if you drink it before bed. I find it can help me got to sleep faster, and I usually wake up more rested.
I also heard potatoes can give you weird dreams or something, but thats never happened to me.
Oh yeah, things like alchohol and drugs inhibit REM sleep, causing REM rebound at the end of your sleep. This super powerful REM sleep can easily cause nightmares, so is you with its a good idea to use sleeping pills or other drugs to help you sleep better for the purpose of LDing, forget it.

This goes against what Imagine said, but I’ve heard people say that some dairy products helped them induce lucids. Like they would eat cheese before going to bed when they were young and they would have success. I’d think that it would help because it increases your chances of having nightmares, thus helping in lucidity for some.

I think the fact that some foods are said to affect dreams is largly that of the placebo effect. I’ve heard negative things to about dairy products, and like I mentioned before, potatoes, but they never affect me negatively. In fact, they hardly ever affect me at all! I beleive it to be because when I first heard about that kinda thing, I was rather sceptical. (I still am)
In fact, like I said before, you can use certain dairy products to fall alseep faster, with no REM rebound effects like with sleeping pills. Nighmares shouldn’t result from using dairy products if your think about it.

Try cheese with wasa.de/menu/willkommen.gif

(don’t know the english word for “Knäckebrot” LOL)

Works fine for me!