I need some motivation...

So I first read about lucid dreaming 3-5 months ago (memory isn’t very good so I am not sure the exact date, may have been 6 months). When I first read about lucid dreaming, I was so psyched. I thought that lucid dreaming was where it was at and that I totally needed to have one.

So for a couple months I kept a dream journal and wrote 2-3 pages on my dreams each night. This helped my dream recall slightly, because I was actually interested in my dreams back then. But now, I have no motivation to keep that dream journal. In fact, my last entry was 5-2-02, so it has been more than a month since I remembered a dream that was more than just a couple fragments of random images. But it seems that I have run into a dryspell, and perhaps my subconcious is discouraged and has stopped my mind from receiving any hints that I actually had a dream while sleeping.

Help! I need some motivation! What can I do to leave this dryspell and return to my normal dream habits?

It’s all about motivation, isn’t it? I don’t think it’s your subconcious. It’s probably just you that doesn’t feel like reaching out for pen and pad, and start writing when you could be snoozing. You have to want it to remember to remember your dreams. I know, I have those spells too. The good news is, it’s easy to pick up again. i motivated myself by buying a dictaphone which is so much easier to use. Also I remembered what it is i wanted: Lucid dreams, and the few I’ve had were great. Keep up the work, keep varying the work: do something with those dreams otherwise they stay in a vacuum and you get bored with them. Read a book on LD’s. You’re probably on your way back anyway, 'cause you’ve posted this message. Take heart. Remember your dream(s). :content:

Everyone runs into motivation problems sooner or later. I found myself in such a situation time ago too. That’s when I decided, that I should buy some books about dreaming because I thought, if I’ll have plenty of intereseting stuff to read about dreams it will sure raise my motivation and interest. And then, waiting for the book, I ran into all sorts of texts on the net and started reading and reading and motivatino came back before I got the book I ordered. :wink:

Try reading interesting experiences about lucid dreams and such stuff. It will surely help. There’s plenty of that stuff on the web.

Ive been going through a dry spell now…its not fun…but last night I read abunch of things on Lucid dreaming and on dreaming in general, and I had plenty of dreams (No LD’s but im still very happy). I would go out and buy a Lucid dreaming book…that will help you out.

Maybe you should buy a book on lucid dreaming? That helps on motivation I think.

Motivation :eh: ? What more modivation do you need other than being to bend reality to your every whim :nodnodwinkwink: ? What about flying, turning into animals, or doing whatever the hell you want? Keep your goals in mind and I promises you you’ll never lose motivation. And never stop your dream journal. I don’t use one :yeahright: (never needed one) But it will help you. I never lose motivation, but if I need a little extra I work on my comic I made from my dream; MadWorld. I have two others but I made them using my imagination. So every one has their own hitch, just find it man. :wink:

you want motivation?! then i recommend renting the movie “Waking Life”, watch it and pay attention, its what motivated me to learn about lucid dreaming and start keeping a dream journal.

I recommend imagining Salma Hayek willing to fulfill your every wish:)

keep the incentive in mind, the incentive of observing a mind created landscape. remember why your practicing. don’t just practice, fantasize the situation of being lucid. do it now. if you were in a dream right now, from this current position, what would you do as soon as you walked away from the computer?.. well you could do just about anything couldn’t you. go beat up a celebrity like pauly shore :devil: , or stage an adventure.