about lucid dreams (im new)

hi, i have only recently found out about lucid dreaming and i would love how to do it but i understand it but i have one question.
Is lucid dreaming when i suddenly wake upo and i think im still dreaming?
or i can control my dreams and they feel real?

p.s. i am 14 and i have scholl does this mean i cant lucid dream because of my school? and also any1 got any good tips for a begginner?

Lucid dreaming is when you know you are dreaming, while you are dreaming, and can be used as a form of dream control. I don’t know a name for the other thing you describe. The quality can range from yucky, blurry to fantastic more real than real. You can still do it even with school, though it may interfere with the wake-back-to-bed technique (which is entirely optional, but very helpful). For tips, read through the rest of the board, and the main website at www.ld4all.com

And don’t get too excited the first time it happens…

Yea…be sure to learn some ways of calming yourself…if not your first LD will be short.

LD’s…or at least my first seemed was if I was awake…my room was the same,the atmostsphere of the room felt the same…it all depend on the person.

Don’t let school be an obstacle: I have to get up very early every day for work but I still manage to have LD’s, because I have the discipline to go to bed early enough every night. Well, not always :roll: but sometimes so early that I can practice WBTB, my favourite LD-technique.
LD’s are for everyone :cool: