Advanced Lucid Dreaming

Let’s resurrect this topic… it was getting so interesting!

pls Jeff, Ureon, & DM7, can you remember what you posted so we can continue this interesting discussion?

My attribution to the thread in his previous incarnation where questions, so not so good to start with or is it?

• Jeff described he could get into a ND ? (or at least i thought he meant that)
  • he also mentioned dreaming in NREM and i thought this wasn’t possible
  • there was talk about the ‘black void’ you can encounter,
  • and some very interesting talk about meditation to jump straight into LD, completely conscious, through all the levels of sleep.

maybe we can hit it off from here? :content:

Well, I second that all the way, I loved this topic. :content:

Yeah, jeff was going to post a list of techs but he was really busy so he didn’t have time. This whole subject fascinates me; LDs during NREM, induced NDEs…it’s all pretty amazing. Let’s get this started back up again! :content:

It just so happens I have a great deal of the lost forum in cashe, including the entire original ‘Advanced Lucid Dreaming’ topic. I’ve exported it to an HTML file, and if anyone wants, I’ll upload it when I get home today.

If anyone wants to view one of the threads that was lost, let me know and I’ll see if I still have it available offline.

MM great Atheist! :wink:

Well this topic i can relate to because i got a print of the last question of Pasquale so i can answer her tomorrow. But if u have the whole thread well that never hurts lol
Maybe Atheist you could restart the lucid while awake topic then…that was lost also!

Jeff

:eek:

THE CACHE! That’s perfect!

Well, I looked through mine, and I found a lot of stuff that I think is from ld4all, but it’s all encoded. Any idea what to do about this?

Atheist, that’d be great if you could recover that…

Yes, I agree with Jeff that lucid while awake is an interesting discussion that we need to recover too. :wink:

:biggrin: I’ll go to that soon about my post for Q and Ureon. :wiske:

I don’t remember where we were. Just inducing techs I guess.

Ureon, that’s true. That’s where we were at… also that Jeff posted a post about answering Q some questions (NREM dreams, levels deeper than REM, etc.).

I’m still waiting for Atheist to retrieve our posts. Mmm… I’ll give it one more day and if nothing, I’ll recreate it if you want.

Sweet dreams! :wiske:

I made a thread in the ‘beyond dreaming’ forum for some topics I had questions on that I just noticed are being discussed here. I had some experience with the black void and what seems to be NREM, so some info on all that stuff would be great!

i safed your post from the originally split advanced topic where you replyed on my post there. :content:

Jeff wrote:
In a non rem sleep lucid dream i never have total control but the advantage here is that you dont wake up easely so i can be lucid here for a long time.

PasQuale asks:
woah, you can dream in NREM? I always thought that wasn’t possible? How, what where, when?

Jeff answers:
Stephen Laberge write about it in his books…when they at Stanford sleep research woke ppl up from their sleep when they where in non rem sleep
many ppl good remember they were dreaming.
It was the first thing i experimented with when I thought lucid dreams are great to explore the regions of dreaming and sleep.
I dreamed in colour but also had dreams in black and white simply said b&w.
I focussed at my third eye to wake up fast from any dream…but i noticed that from colour dreams (rem sleep) i woke up within one second never longer then that…so realy easy. From a B&W dream it was at shortest always 4 seconds…so I conlcuded that those were in a different sleep stage…non rem…after reading stephen lagerbe comment that they found out ppl also dream in non rem sleep i assumed that was it.
Then i bought a EEG machine and indeed it showed that every time i woke my self up from those B&W dreams i had been in non rem sleep and not in rem. The deeper you go into sleep the less colour you have…at deep sleep your visual cortex is even totally of line and all visuals are lost here.

Quote jeff:

1. Deep sleep , passive layer(delta waves sometimes a bit theta and then you dream even here) I call it the great black void.

Pasquale asks:
Is that when you sometimes ‘wake up’ from a LD or have a OBE and then only see all black around you? I have had when i did some kind of WILD’ish OBE, and then i ended up in a black void. Black everywhere, like floating in a big black universe. I have had that several times. Was very scary in the beginning, later i learned to fly towards new things or create the place i wanted to go to.

Jeff answers:
Could be, you have two black voids…
The big black void or deep sleep has one unique thing instead of the small void witch is a inbetween layer between waking and dreaming…and that is that when you want to wake up you always go up to less deep sleep layers and go through dream stage again although that can be seconds only…while in the small void if you go upwards in consciousness you wake up right away and never see any dream because for that you would first have to into a deeper sleep stage again.
Also in the small void you can see visuals hypnogogics also in the deep sleep black void that aint so because your visual cortex is of line.
But probably while obeing one time or another you have been in both.

Quote Jeff:

5 Near death experience, active layer again, no or almost no delta waves…no brain waves at all, still full consciousnes and second body of pure light)

PasQuale asks:
How do you incubate a NDE? How do you know it is NDE? It sounds like you have NDE’s like others have OBE’s or is this theory? Or have you experienced it?

Jeff answers:

How i incubate a NDe mm the first time it was a selfhypnosis accident…
I had already learned my self that if i lay in a ld on bed or at the ground or couch i could desolve my dream body by letting it faal a sleep the same way like i do a wild with my real body in real life…
So when you wild in your lucid dreams the way i do a normal wild your dream body falls a sleep and desolves your real body also falls then in deep sleep and you also. You reach then the big black void or deep sleep!
But one time i was laying in my lucid dream and practising wild (funny isnt it wild practising in a lucid dream lol) ,my way to do wild is a mix from self hypnosis zen meditation and chakra breathing and focussing…i call it trance meditation…its much alike the classic yogi does it.
Well that one time i started with letting my left dream hand fall a sleep and i fell the nerves from my hand all the way in my brain…then i get a blitz idea…why not give my self the hypnotic suggestion (i was already under hypnosis) to let totally go of my whole brain…i did and what happend i call blitz NDE/OBE because it struck me like lightining so fast. I went down in deep sleep and through it in a second and reached the part where ppl talk about when they have nde in hospital…
in one sec through the deep black void i felt my body fallen a sleep like hell so strong and suddenly it was like a 10.000 watt bright neon lights were shining at my face and i had a second body of pure light there was nothing around me then bright neon white light…i heared an enormous buzzzzzz and it gelt my lungs where pulling out of my chest…the i saw a tunnel of white light and on the ohter side a world of beautiful nature and it radiated a warmth and love at me that i only had felt before…there my instinct was ringing like hell that if i would go a bit further i would loose control so i listend to my instinct as always ans started to focussing at my plexus solaris to stabelize that incredebile beyond deep sleep stage.
I couldnt control it from my head anymore…didnt work…from pure thougtless feeling from the plexus it took me half a minute to stabelize it and slowly went up to the deep sleep stagwe again and focussed at waking myself…i woke up from sleep and rushed to my pc next to my bed
and it showed i had been in a NDE below deep sleep almost no hz there a minute before i woke up…also it showed that i had come from a non rem stage to deep sleep to that sort of no hz (close to shutdown) NDE stage stayed there shortly and then moved up to deep sleep region again throug non rem sleep to wards waking and woke up…just as i had experienced it…
Was amazing…i still am working on it…my control gets better and so i can now move into the tunnel without loosing control. And weird enough you see a world at the other end of it.
Iam thinking of that to buy again a EEG machine of even better quality.
My head is already shaved again so conducting is easy :content:

Dm7 if you ever read this or Pilot…letting go of the brain…giving yourself the suggestion under hypnosis in a lucid dream to let the brain go is the blitz nde/obe tech!
But be carefull its powerfull very powerfull if you succeed.

Greetz and happy dreams :wink:

Jeff

wow, thanks jeff, for the explanation
fascinating stuff about the NDE!
I have to let that information all sink in…

Wow.

Speechless. That is really incredible. Perhaps you could find a sleep clinic in close proximity to you that you could try this at. They would probably have pretty good equipment and could act as witnesses. (at the forum we believe you but narrow minded outsiders would have a hard time swallowing it)

thanks again for the method
It’s now my turn to apply it

True RagingCanadian! I hoped in those last years to see a lucid dreamer that also like me could do it…using self hypnosis and then do wild in his/her lucid dream to enter the deep sleep fully lucid and even below that the NDE stage. Or use the letting go of the brain trick!
There was 2 years a call for lucid dreamers that could enter the deep sleep lucid but ehm i was the only one that showed up…In the far east many more can do it also.
Laberge asked some tibetan yogis last year or so if i remember right to do this also…never heared how it ended!
Btw i heared RagingCanadian you also can do it :wink:
So lets rage into it Canadian style together :cool_laugh:

Greetz,
Jeff

Jeff, how long have you been training (and what have you practised) to be able to do that NDE thing? :eh:

Mmm Pilot now you know how it works…tell me how you progress at it ok?
Dm7 told me she was able to do it also!
Yay finally not alone anymore :grin:

Jeff

Not much Sage…iam a natural…i just found out one day that selfhypnosis in lucid dreams works so good (that is if you can do it already in rl)
and then i just used it to let go of the brain or let the dream body fall a sleep and by those two methods enter a NDE.
So uhm i didnt train much, more or less i could do it right away when i invented my own trance meditation witch is a mix from selhypnosis, empty of thoughts meditation and breathing through (plexus) chakra tech.
I never read books about it…no internet in those days…i just did it on instinct, intuition and intelligence.

Jeff

Yes, that technique Jeff shared worked like a wonder. I was surprised how fast it work to be honestly. :grin: Thank you Jeffo for the technique.

I’m also a natural too. I follow and invent new techniques by instincts, etc. :wink: Just like Jeff does.

In fact, I knew about that technique for a while, but I didn’t think it would work. lol! I was like, “Why would that work?” Lol! Oh well. Now I know. :biggrin:

Thanks Jeffo. :wink:

Just one more quick question, doesn’t inducing NDE kinda worry you? Even just a little? I’d be freaked out beyond belief, I think my correctly, I’d be a quivering mass in the corner of the local asylum.

If it doesn’t worry you, or even make you anxious, good on you. Keep the info coming.

Hahaha right now I’m just trying to break my dry spell,(last thing remotely close to an LD was in April.)

it is possible to dream in NREM however simply more unlikely. dreams in REM tend to be more logical / sequential, vivid and easily remembered - but we can and do dream through other sleep stages.

(i learnt all about this recently in psychology class!)