Was this LD?

I had a strange dream a couple nights ago where I knew that I was dreaming, but… well it was like this:

I asked my friend in a dream if she wanted to watch a movie called ‘Wrong turn’ and suddenly I was in the movie. Well, it was a bit different, but the point of it was that me and some other people were inside a horror movie. We were trapped in some sort of tower and we needed to escape and run from… from… from whatever was chasing us. Some guy tried do climb down some big pile of wood, but for some reason he got blind and I had to give him directions. I told him to just go left, but I wasn’t sure which one was left and which one right again (as often in RL), so the guy fell down and died. Everyone was shocked, but I told them it was normal that he died, cause it’s a horror movie and that we would all die too. Except the main role of course, but I figured that wasn’t me. So I said “ok, I’ve got a feeling I’m next to go :smile:die). I wonder in what way I’ll die…hm… hope it won’t be too painful” And at the end I died cause some wolf or wild dog attacked me and bit my neck.

So actually I knew that it wasn’t real, cause I wasn’t at all affraid to die and I knew I’d simply just wake up then. But still, does that count as LD or not? I mean, I wrote it in my dream diary under ‘ND=normal dream’, but I did know in a way that I was just dreaming. It just wasn’t like in other LDs when you say ‘Oh cool, I’m dreaming, lets have some fun!’ I just accepted the role in a horror movie and didn’t do anything about it. I didn’t even think that I’d maybe be able to change some things and not die. So it was a bit different. What do you think? Would you count that as LD if you dreamed that or not?

Hard to say for sure without experiencing it. It sounds to me like you had a very vivid dream that you remembered. Now if you knew for sure you were dreaming and were faily conscious while you were watching your dream then I would say it is a lucid dream. When you start controlling a dream and feel yourself flying and controlling yourself to an extent you will know for sure you have had an ld. I would highly recomend doing what you have alldready did though for as long as you can. This way you will get better at inducing lds and making them last longer by just observing.

Once you get a bit of practise and can fairly easily watch your ld without waking up start manipulating things. Of course I know the temptation to do unbeleivable things will be to strong :smile: but if you could manage tio sit back and observe for a while it could be very beneficial.

If you really knew that you where dreaming, then you where lucid yeah.
Was probably a low level one if not, where you realize it but still dont fully realize it and think “normally”