The Super/NovaDreamer...Again

ok i read the post on the nova dreamer in this section and it was almost 2 years old so i am posting a new one. for the reson that i am now seriously thinking about getting one. i have a fair bit of sskill with lucid dreaming already but i would like to incress that skill even more, as i m sure everyone here would. beside the point. i am also wanting to get it for its research skill, which i notice hasnt been mentioned.

now for the super Nova Dreamer it is $500 australian roughly. i am wondering if it is worth the buy. for a few reasons really.

1. can you actally sleep with the damn thing on. very important.
  2. does it help very much. some people say it does others not, so i guess it depends on the people anyway.
  3. is there any new equipment comming out. i sure as hell dont want to spend my money on these and have them out dated next month.
  4. bar the super nova dreamer and that, has any of the other devices worked? like the rumble thing or the dream speaker?

and an experince if all with the nova dreamers would be great.

cheers

Richard

hi there,

you can get your self a light and sound goggle.
don’t sleep with it but wake up after 6 hours of sleep
stick it on, sit in a chair and play an audio strobe cd.
after a few mins you might drip into a altetered state
perhaps have an out of body experience or a lucid dream
depends on your sleep state, i am holding a thread about this, as i am
perhaps going to get one. im just asking more questions about it and need a lot more answers but for what a light and sound device can do, it seems alot better than wasting your 500 australian dollars for a macine that would cost you between 200-300 dollars, which is exactly how much the light and sound devices go for.

OK I have one and I’ll be very honest!

Difficult. If you fall asleep lying on your back it’s not such a problem, but sleeping on your side or stomach with the mask is really difficult, especially in the beginning. It’s also annoying when the weather is hot, with sweat that smells and irritates your skin.

Yes, it probably depends on the people. I wasn’t really glad with results, the flashing light just transforms itself in your dreams and it becomes very difficult to recognize it as a dream sign. I mean, the red light can become a blue hat or something, not really helpful :bored: I’m quite convinced you can get the same - or even better - results if you use your own dreamsigns, the Novadreamer needs discipline too so it doesn’t really “give” you LDs without working on it.

I don’t know about a newer version but I wouldn’t count on it - it seems Lucidity Institute has not been very active in the last few years. :sad: However there is someone working on a similar and cheaper alternative:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/new-cheap-dream-goggle-device/7863
Maybe you could contact him about the evolution of his project, it looks like he has a REAL alternative with great features, not just a building scheme or some poor goggles without REM-detection. AND he’s a member of our board contrary to LaBerge. (And he doesn’t pay me for saying this :wink: )

Don’t have a dream speaker, so I can’t tell.

alright taht is great thank you both that is just what io was looking for cheers

BrainHacker, or anyone else with a Nova Dreamer…
Any good settings recommendations? I’m generally a pretty light sleeper, but even the deep sleep mode doesn’t seem to get my attention much in dreams… I’ve gotten the sensitivity setting up to 9ish so that it gives me cues 20-30 times a night… but other than the first week I wore it, I really haven’t “seen” any cues. I wear it only sporadically mostly because of the comfort issues.
Peace,
Sruthan