Dream Journal + False Awakenings = gah!

I’ve been having a bit of troubles lately. A couple weeks ago i started getting back into Lucid Dreams and my dream journal. I started out okay, writing what i could remember of my dreams, but after almost a week, i started having false awakenings in which i would record my dreams. Then i’d wake up for real and find the only dream i could remember was the one in which i wrote my other dreams down in my dream journal, but i couldn’t remember the others!
It seems my mind knows to hold on to bits and pieces of my dreams until i write them down, then it lets them go to fade out of memory. Now my mind is tricking itself in dreaming they’re written down, causing it to let go.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there anyway to prevent it… cause it’s really annoying and really getting in the way of my dream journal.

If you do multiple RCs everytime you write anything down, it may help.

Moogle’s right. I had the same problem a few months ago and got over it by doing RC’s every time I woke up.

So every time I wake up and go to write in my journal just perform an RC so if it is a false awakening i’ll realize and maybe even have a short lucid dream, if my mom doesn’t yell at me some more (grrrr)
The best RC would be the clock I guess, being that it’s right next to my head. Only problem with that is I might actually believe it’s 4 in the morning, or 32:02 at night… :smile:

Quote —> Only problem with that is I might actually believe it’s 4 in the morning, or 32:02 at night…

I don’t know if you do this, but look @ the clock, then away then back at the clock. This is a good plan, because if you just look @ the time, it’s hard as you said to keep in mind the right time. This is the RC that has gotten me, well, ALL of my LD’s so far! :happy:
(sorry if you already do this, just a reminder if you don’t :happy: )

Ah yes, that was how you do the RC with clocks. Thanks for the reminder. Hopefull this’ll all work.