First lucid dream!!

:happy: Well, this is strange enough.

My search for LDing began a little over a week ago, the first time i’ve ever read about it. I started doing RC’s like a mad man. I tried MILD and WILD a few times as well. But yesterday was completely different. I didn’t do anything. No RC’s, unless I was just doing one big subconcious RC. I didn’t even think about LDing before I went to bed.

Normally I go to bed about 1 or 2 AM at the earliest but last night I went to bed much much earlier…8 PM. Fell right to sleep and had 3 dreams, all about being chased by different things (one of my dream signs)…first one was snakes. The next was some guy in a truck. Third was three different vehicles and I was in a vehicle…anyway…I woke up at about 1:30 and went to the bathroom. I figured I wouldnt’ be able to sleep anymore. I also drank a glass of water. Then I went back to bed.

I then woke up again at 6:30 after some more dreams of being chased. Back to sleep I go only to be chased again by the law because they say I killed someone. Anyway,after being apprehended, me, my mom, dad, sister, and aunt are put on an old railroad passenger train…one from the 1800’s and we are, I assume, being sent to a court house or something to stand trial. There were other normal passengers on board and we were not in restraints. The waitress came by to our table and asked if we were ready to order, I wasn’t even aware we could get food. So I picked up the menu and started looking over it (noticing only the pictures cuz I couldnt’ read the words)…then when I saw something I liked, I looked back up at the waitress and she was gone.

Only that’s not what bothered me. Another thing had changed: the passenger cars had windows in the front and rear as well as the sides and while boarding, I remembered that there was one other car between us and the engine. However, when I looked up again, the engine was right in front of our car. I asked someone what happened to the first car? They all looked out the front and then back at me kinda stunned and speachless. Then I said to myself “I must be dreaming.” Then I got very excited when I realized what I had just said. " I Must Be Dreaming!." I did a very quick RC by looking at my hands. At first glance nothing was wrong and I thought maybe I wasn’t dreaming. Then I looked again and my hands were distorted and warping in size. I became lucid.

I knew exactly what I would do if I became lucid in a dream but I can’t tell and thus won’t continue in my story but it lasted about another 20 seconds before I woke up… probably a little longer in the dream world, maybe a minute, but my memory has a hard time judging time in dreams. Anyway, I had complete control, it was amazing, and everything was so vivid. I remember it in great detail. I’m pretty excited although it kinda sucks that you can only remember them…but I guess that’s how our life works too huh.

The first of many and they will get longer! :cool:

It only took you a week to get your first lucid dream? Very impressive, I bet some people are going to get jealous of you :wink:

That’s interesting, how you got lucid after going to bed so early. Well, if you do get more REM the longer you sleep, so if you went to bed at 8:00 PM (!) and slept until 6:30 in the morning…that’s a lot of sleep.

I think you just made a new technique. The GTBE (Go To Bed Early)!

well its possible to go early to sleep,but many peaple have then problems with fallnig a sleep (example:ME :smile: )

I actually had some time to collect my thoughts about last night while at work and here are some things I came up with.

The past few days I’ve been waking up naturally after about 6-7 hours of sleep which is very unusual for me. I usually need at least 8 hours to feel alive. So after a few very long days with less than normal sleep, I was simply extremely exhausted and unusually tired at 8PM.

Another interesting thing is that the dream happened after I went back to sleep at 6:30. I actually didn’t wake up till just before 10! (14 hours of sleep!!) Like I said, I was extremely exhausted.

Knowing that the longer we sleep the more REM sleep we get, maybe that’s why I had an LD after 10 hours of sleep?

A. I slept much more than usual.
B. Because of that, maybe i was a bit more conscious because I awoke before the LD?
C. I remembered many more dreams last night and they were all longer than normal and very vivid, nothing abstract.

I hope this will help someone in their quest for LD’s.

Congrats m8. I’m still waiting for 3 months now. :neutral: . Merh I can feel it’s coming.

Hang in there bro…and don’t try to hard. And never take any moment for granted.