Lucid but not...

ok this is going to be really hard to explain but i’ll try.

I had a normal dream and there was a dream version of me in that dream. So the dream version of me became lucid, but I wasn’t lucid. It was like I was dreaming about being lucid but I didn’t become lucid. Has anyone else experienced something like this? sorry if this is confusing!

were you just a third person observer in the dream, like you didn’t occupy a dream body and were just watching your dream body become lucid. what did your dream body do when it becam lucid?

anyway, i think this is along the lines of what you described. i once had a dream where i had two dream bodies, one of them was lucid and the other was not. and my consciousness kept sling shotting between both of them. when i got transferred to the lucid dream body, i immediately tried to fly away but then i got shot back into the non lucid body and continued on with the dream until it switched again

it was a weird experience, i think i’ve only had one like that

In this dream there was only one of me (my dream self or whatever you call it) except it was all in third person, I think (i’m having trouble remembering this dream)then in my dream I became lucid (in third person) so it was kind of like I was watching someone else become lucid, but the someone else was me. All I remember was watching myself try to stay lucid by yelling “increase lucidity now!” and then everything went blurry and I woke up. Maybe it was me becoming slightly lucid, I don’t know i’ve only had one lucid dream before and that was when I was about 6 years old, so I really can’t remember how it feels.

Not only is it possible, but it’s annoyingly common to experience a standard dream on the topic of lucid dreaming. Anything you do during the day is available to influence your dreams that night, so it’s not really surprising. Sometimes in this situation you might temporarily become lucid – even for a mere couple of seconds – then lose it back to a normal dream. It can be difficult to tell exactly when you lost control, but you can generally trace it back to when you started doing things that you probably wouldn’t do had you control over the dream. Confusing DCs for real people is a prime example of this.

I don’t know why some people insist that a lucid dream is always a lucid dream, for the entire extend of the dream. In my experience, lucidity (and there various levels of control inherit to lucidity) can come and go seemingly at ‘random’ (depending on how you handle that control). If you wake up under the impression that you had an LD, but then can’t for the life of you imagine why you went off on whatever nonsensical ND adventure, it usually means that you did actually become conscious, even if just for a moment.

My advice is to have a plan ready for when you discover that you’re in a dream. Just something that’ll help you enhance the control before you accidentally throw it away. In my case, I always stand perfectly still and focus on increasing my clarity of vision. Sometimes I’ll repeat “Increase lucidity”, or other related commands.

Good luck. :smile:

I think it’s a great sign.
The same thing used to happen to me.
It’ll frustrate you every once in a while,
but it’s better than no ld at all, eh? :content:
I dunno, once you get a feel for lucid dreaming, the reality check will just trigger lucidity. Sometimes a reality check isn’t even needed, it’ll just suddenly happen.

I remember having a dream about some people talking about having lucid dreams and then I actually fell asleep IN my dream to try to have one as well. 000
I never ended up having a lucid dream that night and I was kind of pissy for the rest of the day.

Thanks for the advise. I think i’m really close to having a lucid dream, I keep having dreams about lucid dreams and stuff like that. One night I remember having this really weird dream, then I woke up and wrote it down, then on the same night I had another dream where I was telling a friend about the first dream I had.

It is really frustrating whenever I have these dreams but still don’t become lucid, but I guess that’ll eventually stop (well i hope it will at least!) :content:

Haha, oh yes. I’ve had more than enough dreams about techniques and lucid dreaming, and even this forum…
Try to incorporate reality checks whenever you are somehow reminded of lucid dreaming. Like if someone mentions anything about dreaming, or sleeping, or anything like that. And also make sure to question if you’re dreaming or not while going over techniques.
Reality checks always help, but when making a reality check, you should try to be aware of your environment. For instance, when I make reality checks, I usually observe my surroundings and try to be as observant as possible.
This will help you catch yourself when you have more dreams about lucid dreams.