WILD at an odd time (for me)

Because of the snowy/icy weather here, I’ve had yesterday and today off. A couple of hours after lunch today, I felt very relaxed and decided to try a nap to WILD. This was at about 3PM, about 7 hours before my normal bed time.
I was so relaxed it was easy, but it’s hard to say it was a lucid dream state, more like a lucid awareness state with random blurry fast changing images. Somewhat psychedelic, but not enjoyable. It was more than just HI because it was like a whole environment, not image fragments. I definitely went past body vibrations and the normal body “shutting down” feeling, then some brief HI fragments and then this whole immersive wacked-out state.
I was wondering if anyone has had coherent enjoyable LDs in the mid to late afternoon. Is the brain too confused at such a time in the sleep/wake cycle? I always felt like NDs and LDs are more vivid and coherent after about 6 hours of sleep because the brain has been recharging and “sorting things out” so to speak.
Any experiences??

yep, about 3 hours ago (9AM) I did the same thing, no real intention other than keep a clear mind. But again I was very tired because of waking at 5. That’s the latest I’ve ever WILDed, first time on a strange position on the sofa, bright room.

3-4pm also sounds like a good time to try

I find afternoon naps great for lds.Ive had most of mine just then.if you lucky to have the time then go for it.Some ppl cant get asleep tho on the afternoons.good idea might be making your night a bit shorter so slespiness catches you up after dinner.
Be carefull tho cuz sometimes its hard to fall asleep at night if you overdo your nap.I believe 1-1,5 hrs is just fine.
good luck