Going through the TV set method

Ever noticed how daydreaming is like watching a TV show but lucid dreaming is like being in the show itself?

This morning as the alarm kept going off and I would drift back into dreamland – usually into the same dream I’d had before waking – I had an interesting experience. As I closed my eyes and the imagery of the dream reappeared, I imagined a frame around the image like a TV set. I saw the dream in two dimensions, and I told myself if I just relaxed I would enter the dream in three dimensions and be lucid.

Sure enough, at least once the TV set around the image would dissolve as the dream took on a 3D quality and I became lucid.

That was kinda fun! :bounce:

Thats awesome Sage Goddess! That is a lot of fun… I can remember being able to do that a long time ago, probably around 10 years old. Wish I still had that ability. Was your soncsiousness unbroken from the time when you hit your alarm clock and when you found yourself in the dreams? I guess thats a successful WILD, eh? I’ve got to ask, were you particullarly tired that night? (did you get less-than-normal sleep?) Anything else you think may have contributed to the ability to do this? The reason I ask is that I never seem tired enough to fall back to sleep in the morning, and I only get 7 hours of sleep.

Haha, yeah, I often feel that way. In fact I was just thinking about that today, while almost falling asleep during a long math lecture in class. I experienced some brief hypnogogics, which when developed enough do seem two-dimensional. I often feel like everything that I “see” when falling alseep are really just feelings and emotions in my mind’s eye, rather than appearing in my actual vision behind my closed eyelids. Well anyways I’m sure I have thoroughly confused anyone reading this, so I’ll just be quiet. Congrats on your experience Sage Goddess :nodnodwinkwink:

I’m a heavy sleeper, so I probably didn’t wake up much at all to hit the snooze button. There’s another topic I posted today about my new bedtime routine that really seems to help me achieve lucidity toward morning. Check it out! :wiske: