Reason I sometimes don't want to dream

This post has to do with love and girls so if you don’t like hearing people talk about such things, here is your warning…

Sometimes I want to completely forget dreaming altogether. I AM over my ex-girlfriend, and WAY over my ex ex girlfriend. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to stop many of my dreams at night from tempting me with untrue love. I will be sitting in a swing with one of them in a field with roses as far as I can see and she tells me she loves me and never wants to leave, and kisses me, etc. I have beaten up their current boyfriends and had my ex girlfriends run over to me and kiss me. I have rescued them both from dangerous situations all ending with their regaining their love for me. Even if I’m not lucid, my regular dreams are very vivid. I wake up from these dreams with so much hurt or hate, or maybe both. I end up laying there, unable to think about anything else, and many times I end up drifting right back into the same dream or something similar. Last night was no exception. The one girl I do love doesn’t love me. And we work together. That sucks enough but I dreamed last night of telling her exactly how I feel. She gave me the impression I needed to do something drastic to really convince her so I just grabbed her in my arms and kissed her and boy did she respond! She pulled me to the floor and we were having sex in seconds. Unfortunately, I woke up and MAN WAS I MAD! It’s not so much the interruption of the sex, but the fact that she loved me for once. Now I’m back to where she doesn’t. I don’t really know what to say. I don’t actually expect any responses to this. And I’m not asking for anyone’s pity, just wondering if anyone here has had the same problem of ex’s and people you love but don’t love you invading your dreams.

cant say something ever happened to me. Maybe you could LD, and then ask your ex’s what is the meaning off all that. Or maybe you just have a part in your heart who misses your ex’s and wants them back, but since its just a little part of your heart, it comunicates through dreams.

Damn, i suck doing dream interpretation.

It was better than no dream interpretation!

I know exactly what you`re talking enough.In my case its not a girl but a place.I spent my best yrs in Australia and didnt manage to stay there because of visa/document problems.This was very frustrating experience cuz i was ready to give anything i got just to be there again.
it comes back in my dreams…i dream i surf or have a drink by the beach…so on so on.Waking up from such a dream wakes demons in my head- demons like guilt,pity,sadness,…etc.

I think that yours and mine trouble lies in fear and insecurity.Whatever we call it actually, these things are fearlike.It is sad that you ned to face the fears to overcome them.
What id suggest you(and myself if i had more luck in lding) is to do something with the situation in a dream.Dont know what exactly but id try different things- from telling her about your feelings to killing her in mad temper.Depends...id be trying various scenarios according to what i actually feel in a dream and just releasing it,regardless what it is.

I think the key lies in releasing the things out.
Sometimes dream scenario can take over then and lead you to the answer for your riddle.Just stay open to what your subcouciousness guides you:)
good luck
ps.on the other hand…if she does not want you,and u cant stop wanting her…oh man thats tough situation.And i guess only way out of it is trying to be more social,meet new ppl and eventually give your love to someone else.

Thanks for the advice Jack. I would love to try different scenarios while in the state, unfortunately I have been lucid only twice whenever I dream about them. That time will come though. Maybe tonight. I’m gonna try to make myself dream about it by staying awake and keeping my body still until I pass into the dream state. I’ve did this twice before but usually it’s way too hard to do. Actually, I think that’s more of an astral projection attempt, but I’ll give it a go anyway.

my brother when he was a kid was having bad nightmares… and he said one night that he dosent want to dream anymore… he says he didnt have a dream for a few years

For a period of my life i hated going to sleep and would avoid it as much as i could, I have always had nightmares nightly and certain times of the month i tend to get a lot of night terrors, Those are times i hate to sleep… It starts takeing its toll on you when you are being punished everytime you sleep with fear, why on earth would you WANT to dream why on earth would you WANT to go back to bed…

Obviously at somepoint i got over this and just accepted that these dreams and night terrors are part of my life and ishouldnt ignore them, so I started taking an interest in them… things have started turning around for me in the last few years i have certainly have had less, and manage to go back to bed after a nightmare or night terror (even if it is 30 min later) Its an improvment :content:

You have two options:
a)Everlasting sleep
b)tell this new girl how you feel and gain some more closure with your exes.

It sort of reminds me of some dreams I have had about an x boss. I was fired from a job that had nothing to do with my job performance. In fact I was very good at my job. It was a most unfair situation. I often have dreams about my old job. I think because I just moved on rather than confront my ex employer. Which is out of character for me. I am a strong advocate.

It may be the same for you. Your DC my represent some unfinished business you have with your ex’s.

it sounds like you aren’t over it at all to me

not unconsciously anyway… I mean like… my dogs death didn’t affect me a lot, as he was very old and I was glad that he was out of his suffering… but…

I still dreamed about him over and over again, and I didn’t know why… I’d be telling him “hey, you’re dead… i love you but you need to move on…” and still sometimes I see him.

When you have extremely deep connections to someone they dont’ just disappear when that someone is gone, nor do they disappear when you FEEL like you are over them, they are still burned deep down inside your head…

The fact that they can leave you sad or angry upon waking up also says that you most certainly aren’t all the way over it… but it’ll get there eventually.

I don’t know if there is much point in analyzing the dreams, as they seem pretty straightforward, but I personally think they are probably a way of your mind to deal with things and resolve issues, and that they’ll eventually work themselves out.

If you’re ever lucid the best bet is to just calmly talk to the girls and tell them it’s over, that you had feelings for them, and you still might, but it’s time to move on, and ask them why they keep coming back.

I still, 2 years later, dream about my only “love” and let me tell you they are weird dreams… but far after I thought I was over her I found myself having very good dreams about being with her again, being friends with her again, having things be right with her again.

Those are gone, now … she shows up in many lucid dreams, claims she is real… and … it’s very odd… she seems pretty damn independant to be created from me, but then again she was always an independant and random person.

Last night, among other things, we found ourselves in a fake kiddie lookign pool with plastic water, akin to a ball pit maybe… and I went down underwater and it looked kind of creepy… she was like “hey, I didn’t know how to get down there…” and followed me… I didn’t want to go much deeper, she went out of sight and came back… and was naked briefly… and I was sitting there wondering why she was naked…

It’s all pretty strange, I tried my hardest to get her to contact to me… I know if she’s real she won’t.

What any of this means I don’t know.

i used to have those kinds of dreams when i was a dxm addict

i would somehow get a lifetime supply of dxm and i would be so happy and then just as im dosing i would wake up feeling depressed