Novice LD'er starting from scratch. "I"M SMOKE!&qu

Well, as the title says I’m a Novice LD’er starting from scratch all over again. At my peak about 2 years ago maybe I had 2-6 ld’s a week almost at will, I started slowing down on them, then started school/work and found waking up to an alarm clock destroys dream recall, and we all know what that means for a lucid dreamers…no lucid dreams! And even if I did have one I wouldn’t remember.

So I’m going to start participating here where I first got my motivation to have my first LD a couple or so years back. I’m also going to be keeping a dream journal , working on RC’s, ect.

I was reading the board a couple nights ago and I read someone who posted something similair to this post, about how he doesn’t have much time to LD, but when he gets re motivated he can get up to two a week. I’d love to be at that point ago, so I was instantly inspired to be like that guy and keep LD’ing, even with my busy work/school schedule. I work graves now, 12am to 8am so that REALLY messes with my sleep. Hopefully this will have a good effect on my bad sleep habbits.
(Just did a RC< realized I hadn’t done one in about 1 hour).

The RC method always helped me I believe. At one time I was doing a RC every other minute all day long! But i had A LOT of time on my hands back then.

So after being re inspired to LD I went to sleep the other night and tried to MILD basically, repeating to myself, “am I dreaming?” And trying my best to do RC’s during hypnogogic imagery. I havnet had much dream recall in MONTHS, but lately It’s getting a bit better…so I think I got lucky when I found myself in a house LUCID!

I quickly started rubbing my hands together to get better clarity. This was a very short LD, but I started looking around the rather dim room, and started panicking like I often do about what to do with my time. I said I’ll go outside, which I also often do when im ‘inside’. I didn’t see an exit and my first thought was to burst upwards flying and just crash through the ceiling, but I had noticed a fire place to my left earlier.

I went to the fireplace and said, “I"M SMOKE”…and my body kind of expanded into a clear dust sort of…it was wierd…and I kinda meshed into the fireplace…but I fell out of lucidity at this point and don’t recall anything after that.

BUT IT WAS INSPIRING to be lucid again for the first time in MONTH!

Hopefully I’ll have more interesting things to say in a much shorter post later :smile: PEACE!

Hey LucidLasVegas,

Thats an awesome LD! Congrats and welcome back to the club :happy:

I’m trying to work on my RC checking, have been doing it for 4-5 days in a row and no success yet! But im hoping for one real soon. But im an unsuccessful dreamer IMHO, I have only managed about 5-6 LD’s in the passed 7 months or so :sad:

I, like you, work a lot of night shifts, and sleep at strange hours and have no sleeping pattern! I don’t know if this is good or bad? Because it might be good since its sleep during the day (they say LD’s more likely in the day), or is it bad because its ‘rushed’ sleep. What I mean by that is, you have to be up soon anyway to eat, get ready, do what u have to do, and go straight to work.

Good luck in your lucid goals,
-stranger

Hey You there!!!:)Im happy seeing you here after all that time i thought you`re dead:)

For a long time i was visiting Dream Diary section only to take a look whats new in your journal:)
So,good luck on your old/new quest and see you sometimes on chat:)