Partial Idiocy

Frequenting this forum has caused me to become inspired about lding again. These last few nights I have been waking myself up at 1 and then 3:30 to attempt WILD but have had no success. Last night however, I did affirmations before falling asleep so though I didn’t have a WILD, I managed a DILD which quite surprised me. I tend to find that my DILDs are never as clear as my WILDs though which means I don’t take full advantage of my LD. I find this kind of weird and don’t understand it. If you’re lucid, you’re aware so how can you be only “partially” lucid? One weird thing I’ve noticed about my DILDs is that people always seem to be chasing me and it completely freaks me out. I always want to fly away but since my flying method requires me to stand still, close my eyes, raise my arms, and concentrate for 20 seconds or so, I never am able to do this before they get too close. I just end up running almost the whole dream. So in this dream, I just ran down my street and entered someone’s backyard and then jumped into their pool. Where is my mind. . . :bored:

ah illusions. :wiske:

i have a suggestion for your DILD problems, since you require to stand still to fly why not solve the problem by errecting a forcefield behind you to stop the people chasing you then merrily fly away :smile:

worth a try.

Thanks for the insight, I think I’ll try that. Don’t know how successful I will be though.

*At first I had no idea what you meant about, “ah illusions.” Then it hit me. You’re the first one to comment on that. :peek:

If it’s at all possible, just force yourself to stop running. If the people catch up to you, what are they going to do? Shoot you? Who cares! Stab you? You won’t feel it! Stand around gibbering and becoming very annoying? Possibly, but that’s just amusing and potential fodder for a post on the forum…

At the same time, I know that even when you’re aware that it’s a dream, it’s sometimes hard to not run if something’s after you. But it’s worth a try.

I agree with Traumverloren on this one, but it is hard to get yourself to overcome fears in some dreams. Fear seems to be a stronger emotion in some dreams then in real life. But do you have enough control in dream to build a wall to block them?, cause instead of doing that just think of them going away. then fly fly fly!!!

Thanks for the replies. My real problem with those types of dreams is the feeling like I don’t have a lot of control and my irrational way of thinking. I clearly am not fully lucid or I would just manifest a gun and threaten them with that (or something to that extent). I think I need to focus on increasing lucidity if I am going to practice making forcefields and stuff like that.

Yeh,

just TRY and remember that when you are lucid, you DO have full control, its just your mind makes you think you dont sometimes.

You just have to make yourself understand, I AM IN CONTROL HERE! NOTHING CAN HURT ME!

i know its easier said than done, but just try keep it in mind

-stranger

Well of course the DCs can hurt you. If you take a punch to your face, chances are it will hurt so much that you wake up from the intensity. Don’t just stand their and take punches, you’d risk losing lucidity. Either you make them go away, or you yourself go away.

By the way, have you ever considered inducing false awakenings? I think it might help you out if you “wake up” in your bed without anyone following you. That way you start out on top of things, and not overwhelmed by the enviroment like when you are being chased.

…For this, you may want to try lying on the ground and trying to fall asleep.