death defying stuntsman

I have been experimenting with lucid dreaming for sumtime now and have only just joind this site…but am enjoying it heaps.

anyways, i recently had a very long ld in which i was walking around my home town of mt maunganui in new zealand when an earthquake hit-it was the events thereafter that led me to relize i was dreaming, so in my extreamly clear state i went to the beach where there was plenty of people and things to do…lots of inconsistances in the geography and other such but thats not what im interested in right now…in my dream as i went to cross the main rd between the houses and the beach sand dunes i saw that there were plenty of cars and because i knew that i couldnt get hurt i decided to try my luck and run in front of the cars…fo i ran right into the incoming traffic…prepared to have the (what i hoped would be) interesting experience of being hit by a car i instead was moved out of the path, and sure enough when i tried once again to run into the car i wasnt hurt once again-it seem ed that i glided around the cars and was denied the impact…after that i gave up and went onto other dream activites on the beach and in the ocean.
but my question is weather any1 else has had an experience where they have been denied sumthing like this or perhaps som1 who has been hit by the car and felt the impact in the dream?

I have an interesting experience I think I’ll share here…

I became lucid and wanted to go through a mirror for the first time. I pushed against the mirror with my fingers but it remained solid. I reasoned thus…

“My brain doesn’t know what banging my head on a wall feels like, so it’ll let me through!”

I bent my head down and butted the mirror and I managed to go through!

yeah!

i think it has alto to do with what you think will happen, like sometimes ill be lucid but when i go to do something like put my hands through a wall or similar it just wont happen-goes totaly solid… i put it down to the fact that although im aware im dreaming-its so real that i get confused and dont belive myself that it will work-same thing has happened with flying. , before i started LDing i never had flying dreams so it was one of the first things i tried… but occasionaly i would take off and then end up slowly sinking back to ground…also had the total oppisite that once i flew so high above the earth that when i tried to get under the clouds and land i ended up scrapeing against solid tree tops that stopd me from landing. Spend the rest of the dream exploring world above clouds and meeting other strange flying people.

belief is the key i think

Do you realise this within your dream (seems unlikely) or in retrospect?

actually i do observe the fact in my dream that i dont belive that it will work-and its hard to change that belief…ive had that problem before like when i tried to convince myself that buffy was around a corner and then she wasnt there…ddnt believe enough, because im not used to seeing stuff like that or doing stuff like that in real life i dont believe i can do it when i become lucid-but its not always like that ive dont far more impossable stuff without any tro8ble at all.