It's just not fair!!

Since mid-2002 or so, I’ve been trying to LD. The very first week I tried, I did manage to have one low-grade LD. The problem is, since then I’ve not managed to have one single LD. Not one!

I’ve tried every possible method known to man. I’ve tried endless hours of study. I’ve tried taking a little time off as not to get ‘burned out’. I do RC’s almost religously. I’ve tried melatonin. Yet, for some reason I just can’t seem to LD. Never. EVER.

I’m sure lots of you go through dry spells where you don’t LD as often, but imagine not being able to at all. It’s so frustrating not to be able to do something you really want to do.

You guys are my last, best hope. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How good is your dream recall? That’s the absolute first thing you’ve got to be able to do well.

If that’s good, then I’m not sure what to tell you… It may just be your mindset. Expecting failure can’t really be helping.

Someone here will probably have something more useful to say

if i may follow up on what abyss said, i agree that the problem may be your mindset

do you wake up every morning cursing that you didn’t have an LD ??? or do you wake up and say “i think i remembered a dream or two, good for me” ???

i think onc’s attitude is very important to LDing. to make an analogy, if you love a class, you love the class independent of the grade you get in it. if you love draming, you love dreaming independent of the fact that you get an LD.

love what you’re doing… not idealized outcome of your actions. let the LDs come, don’t try to force it.

My dream recall is pretty good. I suppose on average, I record three or four dreams a night when I’m really trying to keep a good diary.

I suppose it could be my mindset. At first, I was excited to remember all my dreams and record them. I enjoyed studying them and learning from them.

However, once I had written down hundreds of pages of NLD’s, I started to become pretty apathetic since I wasn’t acheiving any success. These days, I can barely bring myself to even bother writing my dreams down since it hasn’t helped me in my goals.

“However, once I had written down hundreds of pages of NLD’s, I started to become pretty apathetic since I wasn’t acheiving any success. These days, I can barely bring myself to even bother writing my dreams down since it hasn’t helped me in my goals.”

sounds like me exactly:(.Pity we still didnt come up with the method working for everyone...im still looking for mine.

good luck