I try to wake up but I can't open my eyes!

[color=darkblue]I was having a nightmare a while back, and it was really scary…I knew I was dreaming and I knew I could wake up. It was like a movie was being played inside my head (but I wasn’t watching me, i WAS me and looking at everything from MY view) and I wasnt really paying attention… but I could still hear the sounds and kind of see what was happening. I was thinking, Ok, I can wake up from this, I dont want to keep going and see whats going to happen next… so I kind of wake up, but I still hear the dream, and see the back of my eyelids at the same time. All I could see was pitch black and my eyes would move around but they wouldn’t open! So I’d give up and I’d be back in the dream again, right where it left off. This monster was chasing me, and it has really sharp teeth. It was trying to kill me in the bathroom of a gas station. It had already killed another girl and all the blood and details was just too much for me… when I saw all of that I tried to wake up again, but my attempt had failed. My eyelids wouldn’t budge! “What is wrong with me?” I thought. I could not escape from the dream. Not at all in the dream did I know I was dreaming. Kind of like, (how I like to put it) is my subconcious kept the dream going and wanted me to keep seeing it while my concious self wanted to wake up and get out of this mess! It was really weird. Do any of you think I was just dreaming that I was looking at the back of my eyelids? Because it really did feel like I was in my room at the time… and the sounds of the dream faded out and it seemed like the dream kept going and was playin in my memory… but more of it I haven’t seen before. And when I realized that I couldn’t open my eyes, I was back in the dream trying to escape from the horrifying creature. It was a very strange experience.

I thought I had posted the dream in the forum… but its gone now! wonder what happened to it… I lost the sheets of paper I had that I wrote it down on… dont kno what happened to those either…
o well. Well anyway, yea… I’ve only had about 4 lucid dreams in the past few months. This was not one of them, but it is one of the most terrifying and interesting dreams I have ever had. :content: [/color]

You tried opening your eyes, but did you ever try closing them? In most cases, that is a sure way of either waking up or having an FA.
And why the hell didn’t you just slap that monster silly with your superpowers? :wink:

I’ve had a similar experience during a nightmare, however I was able to open my eyes.

I was having a bad dream and I had this desire to wake up, even though I was not lucid. I could feel I think my physical eyes trying to open - and they were resisting, as if they were glued shut. I could still see a bit of the dream going on in my head, at the same time the blackness of my eyelids. Soon, my eye lids were open and it was all but an echo.

It was an experience I will always remember.

somehow ‘wanting’ to escape the nightmare and knowing you can do it by physically moving your eyes is already lucidity. however u must have the willpower to completely escape the gravity of that nightmare, so that it will stop or perhaps a different dream scenario can begin. however if u fail to escape this orbit, u will get pulled back by your sub-c into that dreaded nightmare >.<, in which case confronting your fears would stem the fear indefinitely

I dont know if this works, as I have never been lucid. But throwing yourself backwards (falling backwards) is suppost to wake you up. Dont worry about the ground you will wake up from the adrenalin rush. It seems that you were Lucid because you knew you were in a dream. But I would rather face my fears thus never allowing them to come back again like Gregorian said.

It all up to you though.

I have the problem that I always wake up from nightmares, as soon as I even get a little scared I wake up. So I don’t even get a chance to get lucid. And I think I might have accidentally woken myself up from LDs too because of this “ability” :cry: :grrr:

Jarod, that sucks :sad:

odd2k, your post made me laugh. But I agree with ya.