Emotions towards dream characters

Recently I learned of the so called paradox of feeling for characters that are works of fiction. Simply, the idea is that any emotions towards characters in a work of fiction are irrational because humans need to know that a situation is real for them to feel emotions towards the characters involved in a situation.

It is clear that feelings can be invoked by NLDs (for example, you may have a sad dream and wake up crying).

Lucid dreams are a different siutation. I have become lucid and specifically been able to relate to DCs although I knew they were not real.

What do you people think about the irrationality of emotions towards dream characters in lucid and non lucid dreams?

I don’t think people need a real situation to feel emotional about it. People “root for” characters in movies, books, and television all the time. Some people grow attached to characters, especially as seen in the case of women who have grown up with a favorite soap opera.

Nowhere is this better seen than in the case of lucid dreams. Even when completely lucid, the dreamer often treats people as though they were real. One example is how people often tell a DC that they’re in a dream, or try to reason with them. Why do this? Who knows.

There’s an article on this subject at www.lucidity.com I believe.