Brain Screensaver

Im trusting all of you know what a screensaver is, right? the thing that comes up when your idle on your computer. Well thats sorta what happens to me, when im trying to relax or sumthing a screensaver of music comes up in my brain. I just sing and sing, and cant get it outta my head. The only way to stop is to concentrate on sumthing, which its still playing in the background and conentrating will keep me up. Its pretty annoying, does anyone know how to get rid of this?

That happens to me, too…a lot. I don’t know exactly how to get rid of it. It only leaves when I have something I really need to concentrate on. The worst is when you have to do routine stuff all day long. I’ve gone for hours at a time with the same song repeating over and over again… :sad:

Yea, i dislike it the most when i wake up at like 5 or so and try to chain or WILD, i just stay up and sing…often times the only way to get my mind off of it is to…ya know…release the man juice.

You ever find your mind is quiet but you remember that you were singing a song a while ago that was driving you nuts. And you’ve forgotten what the song was, so you try to remember it. And when you do you can’t stop singing it AGAIN. :bounce: Oh yeah, I’ve been there. And I don’t know how to stop it either. Either one of you a coffee drinker?

Nah i dont drink coffee but i am a bit of an audiophile…bleh i thought of going on a no music series for a week or so but that would just make me sing more.

Nah, never touch the stuff.

When you’re listining to music do you get totally absorbed by it? Tune out the rest of the world, etc. That’s how I like to listen to music, the same with watching TV or movies.

Sometimes when listening to the radio I will start singing a song at the same time it begins on the radio, without the announcer saying what’s playing next. That ever happen to either of you?

I have noticed when I go on extended camping trips the mental music stops.

Many people I know say they’ll know what the next song is, without hearing it. That happens to me, too. It could very well be that a radio station’s playlist can be similar from day to day–they’ll play three songs in the same order, and though you don’t consciously notice it you remember it subconsciously.

there could be some sounds that you dont conciously hear, but your mind still might register them. Then when it hears it again, it connects it with the song and you start singing it?
I dont know, this is just an idea I came up with.

I go more with an ESP type of explanation. Instantaneous communication, psychically tuning into the frequency of the radio station, knowing the future…that sort of thing. The physical science explanations don’t “feel” right. :roll: