The Big WBTB Topic

Heh, after typing the above post [last night] before i went to bed, i had dream about school again. i didnt see it coming, although i shoulf of :sad:

GOD DAMNIT, i had another dream about school last night :sad: :cry: :grrr: :angry: :ack:

Tjis must be getting a little frustrating, try thinking about something you would reallyu like to do in your next lucid/nonlucid dream bnefore you go to bed.,

i did think of something i’d like to do, but instead, i had a dream about shopping with my relatives :confused: Why? i have no idea.
i ahve been having at least one dream a night these days, im hopeing pre-lucidity will come next.
i’ve been listening to that la Berge interview allot these days, i think that may have something to do with?

What I like about WBTB is when you goto sleep you’re concious that this is not IT. The night is not over. You’re not giving up on today. To people who don’t dream, a group I once belonged to, this is what sleep meant. Thus the longer you stay up the longer the day is. However with LDing and specificly WBTB you’re aware that Sleep is a period of time all its own.
I actually enjoyed getting up at 3 and staying awake till 4 this week… And the fact that I knew I was going back to bed later made it painless.
Now, if only I could get some lucid dreams out of this :smile:

• feed_my_BRAIN

Ugh. I tried to do a WBTB on a school day. I went to bed at like 9 (I was sleepy) and woke up around 3:30. I read for about 15 (not a half hour because I was afriad I woudln’t be able to go back to sleep. As it turned out I couldn’t fall back asleep, was just tossing and turning. So now I only got 6.5 hours of sleep and and I have a midterm first thing today… :cry:

So far I’ve had success with WBTB… the two times I was able to drag myself out of my warm soft comfy bed into the chilly, dark night. Yeah. WBTB/MILD is a technique that may very well work for me, if only I didn’t go right back to sleep after my soft mobile phone alarm goes off. I really severely dislike barging out of bed in the middle of the night… and more often, even when I wake up naturally, I just flip over and continue to sleep. It’s not an entirely uncommon problem is it? :wink:

I’ve had very much success with naps. So far the three most powerful LD’s I’ve had in the past year were all from naps. WBTB/MILD is the most comparable method… so I really have to figure something out for dragging myself out of bed.

Is doing exercises (squatting, stretching, etc) a good idea? Or turning on the computer and visiting LD4All? :wink:

whenever i do WBTB i visit the forums and read for a while, it gets your thoughts on lucid dreaming… and helps you get ready for your dreams. i’d recommend it over exercising… maybe just a few stretches to get up or something.

Well, I just ordered EWLD, so that should help. :happy:

I had a nap this afternoon but didn’t LD! Argh! I hope I’m not hitting a dry spell.

Anyway, waiting until the weekend when I can try WBTB/MILD again. (These busy weekdays… argh.)

Hehe. In my case, I seem to not even remember a single dream when I take an afternoon nap. It’s probably because I sleep very heavily, due to being exhausted from the night before. :smile:

And as for WBTBs, I’ve stopped trying those mainly because of my brother who sleeps in the same room with me and it wakes him up :\ If only there was SOME way to be woken up without sound… Maybe something like a large vibrating teddybear…? :bored:

Hey OneWingedAngel,

Whenever I try using WBTB or MILD I just set my intention to wake up after every dream that I have. That usually is enough to wake me up after my dreams.

ypm.

If you’re saying that it works for you then I don’t see any reason NOT to try it myself :content: Thanks ypm.

So OneWingedAngel? Any results?

ypm.

I was just going to report about the results :smile:

I tried your suggestion in the last 3 days (in which I had only 7 hours of sleep each night – because of school), with having a true intention and motivation of recording my dreams and waking up in the middle of the night, and quite suprisingly - it worked well! In those 3 nights I set my alarm clock after 6 hours of sleep, and at each night I had found myself waking up at about 15 minutes before the alarm was supposed to go off! I woke up immediately after a dream and wrote it down. Then, I set my intention on remembering more dreams when I got back to sleep.

So I got to a point which I have never been before in, at which I can remember about 2-3 dreams a night on school nights, having 7 hours of sleep at maximum! And at the last night I got to a point in a dream in which I was about to realize I’m dreaming but the dream had faded by the time I performed the RC. :tongue:

Thanks a LOT for your advice ypm! It motivated me to continue trying :smile:

What I’m trying to do now is finding out what are the best times to wake up at when your sleep is limited to 7 hours or less, and make full use out of that sleeping time :grin:

Hey good to hear OneWingedAngel. It’s pretty neat how the mind works with stuff like that. I was pretty impressed when I found just thinking about waking up after each of my dreams was enough to actually wake up after each of my dreams.

I’ve also found that waking up after each of my dreams helps my dream recall a lot. I’m often able to remember 2 or 3 dreams a night when I do this.

Now I just need to use this to start inducing more and more lucid dreams.

Good luck with your experiments, let us know what the results are.

ypm.

Yes! I succeed with the help of WBTB to have two LD’s last night. :happy: I’m so glad I finally found something that actually works for me.

Now, I’m going to try what ypm suggested to improve my dream recall, as well. :slight_smile: If I am able to wake up naturally, by intention, after each dream, I can use WBTB/MILD (or in my case, WBTB/WILD sometimes happens) more effectively and have more LDs. Thanks for the tips!

[color=green]Hello fellows,
I actually have found WBTB the best way for me to LD. I do this almost every night. Set my watch to go off cause it’s quiet and won’t startle me to much, I just sit up and play guitar quietly for a little bit or listen to a cd, then just lay down again and start picturing a dream in my head, after a little bit I fall asleep and slip into a dream, because I’ve been thinking about this dream, It is the dream I was thinking of, and I just do my usual RC and I’m all set to explore and have fun all night. :cool_laugh:

-Eric-[/color]

WBTB is worthless for me. If I’m up for more than 15 minutes, I’ll be up for at least 4 hours afterwards. This hapenned to me this morning, I woke up at 4:00 hoping to fall back to sleep by 5:00, but of course sleep never came. To add to the situation, I have eating disorders, and get absolutely starving if awake for more than an hour and have to eat a dinner-size meal. I’ve tried all kinds of herbal tea concoctions, meditations, relaxation techniques, sleep aid pills, PM cough medicine,etc…nothing works. It seems for some reason that when I wake up during the middle of the night, its tougher to fall alseep than it would be for me to take a nap in the middle of the day. Any ideas? Suggestions? I would REALLY appreciate other peoples methods on how to fall asleep when using WBTB. I know how effective a method WBTB is, from experiences with it from when I was a child. Also, it’s nearly impossible for me to do MILD or WILD in the morning hours because of this. Can someone PLEASE help me? I’m desperate here… :bored:

Alright, tonight im gona do it, after waking up plenty of times, I’m going to actually not be lazy and get up out of bed! Hear me roar! :scream:

Hello everyone,

Lately I’ve had to get up earlier than is natural for me to bring my mother to work a few times. (she has a knee problem right now that prevents her driving)

I am very… protective of my sleep and I prefer not to compromise my natural sleep for anything if at all possible. I thought, however, that I could turn this stumbling block into a stepping stone by reading the forum a bit before returning to bed and then trying for a LD.

This didn’t help. I had trouble getting back to bed. I found by trying this that it didn’t really help my LD attempt at all. I think that I experience more HI when I go pee during the night and see my “DREAMING” sign on the wall opposite me :smile: Also, waking up early for this just resulted in my usual stuffy head headache feeling that comes from messing with my sleep. Perhaps I should try WBTB at a different time, maybe during the night more?