The Big WBTB Topic

Didn’t La Berge say, in that radio interview, that the optimum time to have LD’s is 10 hours after you initially fall asleep, so the best method is to break up your sleep so that you’re asleep during that period. Eg. sleep from midnight to 6am then from 9-11am, or something along those lines.

Staying awake from six to nine will probably “reset” your sleep cycles, but the idea is sound.

It depends on what method you are trying.

With WILD you do not want to be up very long at all. At most a couple of minutes.

I don’t do MILD with WBTB and everyone seems to have a different opinion about this some people say 10 -15 minutes just long enough to wake yourself up, While others say 30-60 minutes which I think is to long.

As a general rule the more sleep the better.

You could also adjust your sleep schedule by changing your sleep time so you go to bed a ½ hour to an hour earlier than normal and get up ½ hour to an hour later. This would give you 9-10 hours of sleep and would not be as disruptive to your sleep.

For some maybe, but for me if I’m up after 6 hours of sleep I generally have no trouble falling back asleep. Sometime I end up awake for 1 or more hours though.

ypm.

This method is what I really want to try next. I have never really tried it with long periods only a few minutes.

I think I have found a way to get up to do WBTB. I downloaded a program that can start playing a mp3 at a chosen time. And since I have my computer in another room than my bed I will have to get up to turn it off. And because I can play music instead of a anoying alarm I can wake up slowly. Could also be a good program to start playing the Laberge interview during the night.

Playing the Labarge interview would be good or or do anything that is related to LD ing.

It worked :cool: . This morning I tried the program and I did get up, but for some reason I forgot the dream I had before waking up. I didn’t get a LD this time :cry:

I listened to the LaBerge interview while sleeping. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t fall back asleep with it on. :sad:

Used WBTB this morning and a strange thing happened with my real body while I was having my (non-lucid) dream. A short version:

A guy with a shovel shoves me in a room, locks the door and leaves. I can see him leave from a small window. A couple of seconds later I see another man walking by. I hit the window to catch his attention but he can’t hear me. I hit harder and scream for help and he stops and looks around (not exactly knowing where the sound come from). I scream for help as high as I can and as I’m screaming I can hear my real body mumbling “heeeelllp” :panic: . And this of course wakes me up :bored:

Anyone else had this experience ? You do something so intensively that it also happens to your real body…

HAHA mumbling… haha…

I did WBTB for two night and each night had 1+ LDs… for the past four or five days since then I have woken up naturally for a few minutes at the same time and experienced 2 or more LDS each night.

I find that after WBTB it is VERY easy to WILD. I can tell I am in a dream and I just FA straight into a LD.

This has been by far the most effective method for my LDs… and it is very easy.

The effectivness may be because i haev been practicing LDs for half a year, and have had good luck any way, but I am just amazed at how well this works. I think spending 20 min out of bed a few nights for LDs is something every one shoudl try!

Macrophage, something similar happened to me. I had FA where I was floating up towards the ceiling and it was very dark and I was afraid for some reason. I kept yelling “increase light” and when I woke up I heard myself mumbling “light”.

Well, right now I just woke up a few minutes before my alarm clock went off. I’m not sure if this was actually due to having gogtten into the mindframe that I actually wanted to wake-up after 4 or 5 hours. Now, I’m just reading some more dream stuff until I feel sleepy againa and then heading back into dreamland. The dream I had though was semilucid? For some reason I felt somewhat empowered but not fully. I did have a dream though and wrote that down. It took place at my old elementary school.

Darnd’it. No lucidity. However, I did actually have dreams that were clear which is OK in my book. I had about 3 dreams. Good stuff, and I’ll keep trying now. :grin:

Hanzomaru

That’s great. You will find that as you practice LD your normal dream will get more interesting.

Take it easy and keep trying…

That’s one of the best things that has happened tome since returning to lucid dreaming, it’s the fantasic dream recall. Even if I’m not lucid (and I’m usually not) I stil have very vivid dreams, which are a reward in it of themselves.

ypm.

ypm.

I compleatly agree. :smile:

Some times we forget to enjoy our ND as well.

I have found WBTB to be successfull for inducing LDs two out of the past three weekends. The clarity of the LDs haven’t been as great as with WILD - but I haven’t had a true WILD in a while.

I think the main problem with WBTB when it involves a significant amount of time awake (1 hr+) before going back to ebd is that it is not realistic to use this technique for most of the week when you can’t afford to wake up late. Just my 2 cents.

Hi pleban :wave:

When you used the WBTB did you stay up for an hour or just a few minutes.

There is no such thing. If it works for you that is all that matters.

Don’t worry about the clarity that improves with time. As soon as you find yourself in the dream use a stabilizing/prolonging tech that should improve the clarity.