Harry Potter Discussion [warning: spoilers]

I already knew that, but Rikku was looking at me funny… so i forgot her…

Emma is hot… and it’s her birthday… awwwwww

I wonder if she’s a lucid dreamer. :cool:

One thing though… I have the same birthday as Hermione…

Emma Watson > Hermione Granger

I KNOW! I meant, that the character Hermione is the one i share a birthday with. NOT Emma Watson!

But you miss the point.

Emma > Hermione.

I know Emma is Hermione. But it is not Emma i share a birthday with! Hermione > Book Character

HERMIONE is the one i share a birthday with! The character in the books!

= better than

Duh.

Actually >= : equal or better than
But > :Better than

xD

Okay, I read this about half an hour ago, I thought to myself “just let it go, it doesn’t matter” but since I apparently can’t let it go, here I am…

I don’t think you should change anything in Harry Potter, and ESPECIALLY not the brooms, candles, robes, wands or any of those things. Those are the things that make the Harry Potter books so special, it gives the books that magical, unrealistic atmosphere. That’s half the joy of reading the books - you get lost in a whole new, imaginative world, and it’s wonderful thing.

The robes are only there for the atmosphere, as well as the castle, but the brooms actually help out with the plot, like Quidditch! If you take out the brooms, you’d have to take out the Quidditch!

I dunno, with too much modernization, what would Harry Potter be? Just another teenage book? Or a thriller…? It would lose all the Harry Potter-ness and just become an average, plain book.

Oh, and although I see how killing someone off could be “cool” or suitable or whatever, I really hope J.K Rowling isn’t cruel enough to do it. Some of us (me) actually take Harry Potter way more seriously than it should be taken, and every time one of the characters die… I dunno. I hope no one else dies. It’s just painful for me.

Takes a deep breath Calm down. It’s just a book… just a book…

These things are not new, but without them Harry Potter wouldn’t be Harry Potter. Brooms are a long held myth with Witchcraft, so should be in if only for sentimental reasons. But they are also a source of travel for the wizard people.

Without things like this Harry Potter and his world are just nothing but muggles. You might as well drop the whole magic thing completely. Swap the avada Kedavra curse for a gun and you have a modernised crime novel with revenge being the main motivator, instead of some cosmic prophecy.

Now onto you Olesia :tongue: You won’t like it.

I expect there to be alot of deaths in the last book, it’s a war. I can see several deaths of popular/like characters including at least one Weasley family member. (not Percy)

Snape is another one I expect to go, at the hand of Voldemort no less. Shame, Snape is in my top 3 faves. I can see many deaths.

Harry Potter is a 60/40 - I expect him to survive, but think he shouldn’t. So far he has survived on luck and being underestimated, not skill. I think it’s time he ran out of luck or made the ultimate sacrifice. Voldemort I believe will die regardless of what Harry does.

As I said earlier either Ron or Harry (probably Ron) must die before Dumbledor can die. Also, having the title character die at the end of a series is kind of a cliche, I hope JK can think of something a little more original.

I think Dumbledore is well and truely dead.

There was a 14th person at that table, his name was Peter Pettigrew. (or scabbers if you prefer)

Lol, you are right, I do NOT like it, but yeah I expect some people to die as well… now I don’t want to read the 7th book at all anymore haha. Weasleys might go, but with the risk of offending any big Weasley fans, none of the Weasleys ever played a very big part in the books. Even Ron, as Harry’s best friend, most of the time he was just “comic relief”… I’ve never gotten very attached to any of them anyway.

Snape will NOT go, because if he does, I do too lol. Not Snape prays. The way I feel about Snape… :love: . But seriously, he is such a great character, he doesn’t deserve to die… he’s so brilliant! I bet he could find a way out, he can do anything, as mighty, tallented and smart as he is! I really hope he does not die. But I don’t think he will either… I just have a feeling he won’t. He’s been too important in the last books for Rowling to just kill him off… she’s developed his character so much with all these stories of his background and childhood and especially in the “Half-Blood Prince”… it’s too much work to just kill him off at the end.

Voldemort has to die, otherwise there will be no end to the books.

I hope Harry does survive, just because he’s Harry, and I don’t really care if he survives by chance, luck or skill. He’s starting to grow on me and it would really be a shame if he died… and like I said before, it would be cruel of J.K Rowling to kill him. He has so many fans… I think she should really think about how killing him would make people feel, especially kids (and HP freaks like me hehe).

Uh…nevermind -.- …I’m sticking to what I said, though…:razz:

And like I said before, I’m really looking for a death between Hermione, Ron (just someone in the Weasely family, like DM said), or Hagrid :uh:

NO! NEITHER! I think Harry’s gonna die…

You don’t give Ron much credit Olesia :tongue:

Remember Ron was the first person who was really nice to Harry in anyway, tormented and bullied for 10 years. Then suddenly he’s been treated fine, then a new boy comes in and starts bullying Ron and this is pretty much what solidified him being in Gryffindor. Malfoy’s actions towards Ron.

What if he never met Ron on the train or outside and just “followed” the Weasley’s through to the platform. What if Draco was the first person he met? What if he saw from the bully point of view before meeting Ron? Would he have fallen in with the crowd and become a Slytherin because he was finally on the otherside and had a taste of what it’s like there? Possible.

But he wouldn’t have met Hermione either and in truth She and Ron where instrumental in Harry getting to the Stone. If they hadn’t been there, Harry may well have been finished off in his first year by devil’s snare.

In many ways I think the Weasley family are Harry’s surrogate family, the family he should have had but never got. Molly cares for him as much as she does her own children. This is what JKR want’s so that when a Weasley dies, it’s more emotional pain on Harry to make him seem more into Killing Voldemort. As Bella told us you have to really want to use a Killing Curse and enjoy it. It’s a mislead, the real hint was Snape at the end of HBP

SPOILER - Click to view

No Unforgivable curses for you Harry!

She doesn’t want her “hero” to break his soul literally and figuratively by killing. Harry way of defeating Voldemort will be something else, something worse than death - for him at least and may or maynot require Harry to sacrifice himself.

I THINK, R.A.B stands for “Regulus ARCTURUS Black” I don’t know where, but I read that…

about Snape…I think he had to kill Voldemort…cause he accepted to do the “unbreakable promise”(in spanish;“Promesa Inquebrantable” or something like that) very quickly…and he killed Voldemort without even thinking about it…

About the horcruxes theory, What if Harry’s scar was the last horcrux???I mean, it could explain a few things…and why harry and voldemort are so like each other…
if my theory is right…then harry should kill himself to kill voldemort?

Making a horcrux requires a spell this we know.

Voldemort tried to kill Harry but destroyed his own power and physical body. He would have been unable to make a horcrux.

Since this is the HP discussion thread, I thought I could raise the question here as well. Sorry to interrupt the current discussion but I just wanted to ask…

I never really understood why Harry Potter is so popular. I read books 1-4 and will read the rest when I can, and I will admit they are a decent read but I don’t get why Harry Potter is this hyped in the world. There are hundreds/thousands of fantasy books out there, so why does this one stand out? I’m willing to bet there are quite a few unknown fantasy novels that is better than Harry Potter in any number of qualities but are simply swept away to obscurity because of cruel circumstances.

What’s your opinion on it though? I really do think Harry Potter was lucky enough to be one of those books carried to cult status because of mob mentality, good media, and etc.