Different styles of flying

I tried to fly superman style once. It’s easy to accelerate. I found myself flying very fast without want to fly so fast. But i couldnt brake when i wanted to stop. There is lots of problems with turning, changing height etc.

I’ve used this in one of my LD’s. It’s from DBZ ( Dragon Ball Z ) Well if you’ve watched it you would know it as a Kamahamaha. I used this through my hands and then i needed to get in the air fast to dodge an attack. ( Yes part of this dream was realated to DBZ it was sweet ) What i did is imagined it coming out of my feet and it did. I flew straight up and held my arms in the air to make a shield it was invisible then he shot something and i blocked it. So you might wanna try the feet thing. :content:

I will add those.

Growing wings and riding a unicorn would be object assistance. Transformation would kind of be object assistance. And the kamehemaha thing, that would also be object assistance, the blast is what shot you up (or so it seems :wink: )

I like the Swan Dive approach myself. Maybe that’s what you meant by Spread Your Arms… Anyway, I feel extremely acrobatic flying in this manner, being able to twist and flip and roll with ease and precision. Very Crouching Tiger-ish… Though, I usually keep my hands closer to my hips rather than fully spread out…

I use a variation of the superman style. Essesntially I imagine a force pushing out my feet (think, feet installed jetpack), to control steering I “will” myself to where I want to go. For me I have excellent control over spped and the ability to turn quickly and precisly.

I tried to fall upward. Well. it happened on it’s own at first, then i tried to make it happen. I fell in different directions, sort of back and forth at first, then to the side. I wanted to go up. I couldn’t control it, only make some change happen. I was caught by the wind once. No control there at all.
I havn’t tried much else than the flying by willpower. But I can’t control direction well at all, I can usually go up, stopping is a little harder. In my defence I don’t practice flying much even though I want to because it has made me wake up alot. I tried a little air swimming last time I slept to help me along. Only a little. Didn’t really provide much help. Oh yeah. just remembered. I had an object help me fly once, It was kind of effective. greater speed. Up until now I hadn’t thought that different techniques would really do any difference. But, I am willing to try.

I use the nothing method. It works great for me, but I was doing it in ND’s befor I started LD’ing so it just seems natural for me. I have full control over speed direction and no problems takeing off or landing. This might have something to do with the fact that I have had a lot more ND’s then most of you befor I started LD’ing, and was flying in them, so had a lot of dream time flying befor I had my first LD.
don

I personally think that the swimming method would be the most fun. At least for messing with dream characters.

I think anything could work, it’s simply more dependent on your expectations.

Just what I think.

Just like don, I had already mastered flying through NDs before I knew what a LD was.

Dunlar, what do you mean by Swan Dive? I need more detail. I don’t really know what a Swan Dive is.

[color=darkblue]I tend to be able to fly wherever I want, whenever I want and with relative ease. Sometimes it can take me a couple of tries to get off the ground, but once I’m in the sky, I can fly about as long as I want to.

A habit of mine in ND’s seems to be flying up into the clouds and swirling the clouds around very fast, seeing how low I can fly and how fast or snatching birds from the air![/color]

Im always flying in FLD and ND’s…and its relatively easy for me. I can get off the ground, sometimes the wind factor plays an issue, its as if Im being blown away, but nonetheless… its really fun. The best one I probably remember was when I was flying over the sea, it was so realistic…

A Swan Dive is a maneuver that swimmers sometimes do when jumping off a diving board into a pool. What I meant is the position the body takes, a chest-first arch, like in the link I gave. I also fly that way for the aesthetics… Superman style just seems dorky (no offense, LM :tongue: )…

Last time I flew, I just sat cross-legged and levitated upside down - makes for some interesting conversation with the ol’ Dream Characters…

thanks for the ideas

I’ll try these tonight. Although the previous night, in a FLD I had, I noticed something interesting; I was thinking the previous night that I could use wind to carry me up. And I have vague memory of it working. Just let the wind blow so hard it carries you up, up! :happy:

If you didn’t know I have a lot of trouble flying in LD’s, no matter how hard I try.

i usually do the “swimming” method, last time i tried the superman i went REALLY fast, and flew into space… scared the hell outa me!

Last night I did Superman style, and yelled out “Up, up, and away!” just to be silly… :smile: It worked well enough…

lmao

superman style rules.

I’ll have to try some of these out ^^

In the last few LDs where I’ve flown, I’ve had great success with doing a run-up and then jumping with both feet. Don’t know what you would categorise that as though.

About “falling that way”… Something similar worked for me. In an LD, I was in the third or fourth floor of a building when I got lucid. I let myself fall down towards the floor and “floated” down to the first floor, going forward, as well.

EDIT: Almost forgot… Not exactly FLYING, but using webs like Spiderman also worked for me once.

Superman Style…dorky…scoffs at dunlar

Honestly though, I use to the most because it makes the most visual sense, just seems odd to be rocketing through the air at 200 miles an hour in a legs crossed mediation position.