Best Video Games Of All Time

In my (flawless) opinion, the following go down in history, as the most extravagantly brilliant games of all time:

#4.:

#3.:
World of Warcraft added name since image link broken :moogle:

#2.:

and behold, the greatest game of all time…

Ocarina of Time added name since image link was broken :moogle:

Honorable Mentions:

-Super Mario Bros. 3
-Mario Kart 64
-Starcraft
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Rock Band

If you disagree with my choices, you will of course be wrong, however feel free to post your opinion of the best games.

I agree with a lot of them, but I can’t judge for sure as I haven’t played all of them…

HOWEVER, I think a few more ought to be mentioned as pretty immense games.

First of all, how can you Sonic?!?!? He’s timeless!
The first few Crash Bandicoot games are amazing as well, but, they have gone downhill, overkill I think.

And of course, my new favourite game of ALL TIME

Final Fantasy VII… I can’t get over how surprised I am at how awesome this game is.

In fact, I haven’t played a final fantasy game in the series that I haven’t liked…

Hmmm…

[deleted]

Sonic from Sega Genesis was indeed timeless. I didn’t really like the Sonic Adventure game from Gamecube though.

I loved that Zelda game! Truly a classic. Once Fable 2 comes out however, I believe that will win my spot for favourite game of all time!!!

FACT.
As far as I am concerned, it will always be, until the end of time, the greatest ever.
If you disagree, you are either: a) Underprivileged and have not been graced enough to have played this masterpiece. b) completely delusional and are denying the truth, or c) stupid
Majora’s Mask was certainly great as well, but it could not trump the fact that its predecessor paved the road for how games forevermore would be played and influenced by its awesomeness.

Way too many great games to mention; my top 10 list is constantly changing, but that bit of Golden Power sent from the Gods, remains forever at #1. :smile:

EXCELLENT idea for a thread.

1. Super Mario World
  2. NiGHTS into dreams
  3. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Justice for All
  4. Paper Mario
  5. Warioware Inc. Mega Microgames

Now, what did I JUST say?
Haha, just busting your chops. :tongue: Everybody’s got a different Number 1, but Super Mario is still definitely pretty high up on mine.

(After the first three, the games are listed in no particular order…)

This is actually a universal law, proven by the Uncertainty Principle. God, himself, cannot change this. Accept it.

1. Grand Theft Auto III - (Speaks for itself, really.)

2. Super Mario 64

3. Mortal Kombat - (FINISH HIM! Hehe… that still pwns.)

4. DOOM

5. Final Fantasy VII

6. Halo - (This coming from a Sony “fanboy”.)

7. Metal Gear Solid 4 - (Concede that this was an EPIC game… now.)

And I need not explain myself. Any disagreement must be re-evaluated and conform to the [obviously] proven facts I posted above.

Conform now…

(Btw, excellent topic, Lizard King.)

nods

Well of course, if you get a particular game series, there’s always going to be at least one that you don’t like… probably just because it didn’t live up to your awesome expectations.

yeh Ocarina is the best game ever for me. There is just sort of something about that game, hard to explain but it just has that magic so to speak

SPYRO THE DRAGON! :happy:
Spyro is one of the best games I’ve ever played! :content:
Although, after Insomniac was bought, all the games became not-good-games.
So, only the first 3 are good.

Another one is kingdom hearts! Thats a good game. :wink:

I was going to say NiGHTS, but LorDrrr beat me to it.

There is no best game of all time. There are several runner-ups…

Zelda 64 (Both of them)
Super Mario Galaxy (Platforming in a non-linear game is like trying to drink water with a fork)
FF# (Whichever is your favorite, it’s hard to decide)
NiGHTS into Dreams (Not the Sequel)
Half-Life
Portal

I’d suggest Disgaea, but I haven’t got the game to decide yet.

Notice how Halo was not included?

1. The Elder Scrolls 3, Morrowind The greatest masterpiece in the history of gaming.
2. The legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time Another great masterpiece, truly epic.
3. Skies of Arcadia Probably the first RPG I ever played and I still occasioanlly play it, that’s how good it is.
I could probably add a few more but I’m too tired to think… :sleep:

I don’t understand why (apparently) everyone seems to like silly games like Final Fantasy or Zelda or Super Mario(World of Warcraft :devil: is evil by the way):wolfbite:… really can’t see what’s so great about them.

SPOILER - Click to view

Ready for a wave of rage towards me, go ahead :scared:

But never mind that.
I don’t pick favorites, there are games that I like and those that I don’t like. The newer games are nice, a lot of explosions and the characters look real… well at least more real than Mario :wink: .
Saw a video of a game called Far Cry 2 or something like that, I suppose that would be the favorite… a whole lot of things to blow up or shoot at :content:!

Yeah OoT’s really high on my list too, prolly about number 7

And oblivion!!

My top ten?

1. Killer Instinct
  2. Street Fighter 2 Turbo
  3. Starcraft
  4. Diablo 2
  5. Fallout 2
  6. TES III: Morrowind
  7. Half Life 2
  8. Halo 3
  9. Deus Ex
  10. Daggerfall

Honorable Mention: Portal, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, TF2.

In no specific order…

Super Mario Bros…

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

DEVIL MAY CRY 1, 2 and 3. Not 4 because Nero is in it.

Twisted Metal series, except 3 and 4, which were disowned by the developers for being so bad. Twisted Metal Black is most likely the best of the bunch.

FFX and X-2… For those who know me well enough, my reasons are obvious.

The Max Payne games… Max Payne is just amazing. Simply amazing. Wondrous narrative, brilliant gameplay, fantastic storyline. I love it.

Portal, for sheer innovation.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is one of my favourites. It has a good number of levels and the variety of power-ups are great. :content: