Difference between OBE and LD, what do you think?

I’ve had a bunch of experiences that I have labeled as out of body experiences, since they havn’t been anything like dreaming. I’ve been in my apartment, walking around feeling sluggish and everything has been the same as in real life, except for some weird noises. Hasn’t felt dreamy at all.
I recently took up lucid dreaming and the first time I tried WBTB method, instead of entering a dream lucidly, I just kept getting into an OBE instead, where I was in my bedroom. So now I’m just feeling confused… Is LD and OBE the same thing? With the WBTB method I never enter a dream world. Dunno if it even matters if it’s the same or not since they are both really cool. but I feel like an OBE is somehow more limited than a LD.

Any theories?

Lots of theories…

I think that a dream is an out of body experience.

An out of body experience is an experience in which your consciousness is centered away from your physical body.

The out of body experience you had can be labeled as an etheric projection, in the real time zone.

what this means is that you were traveling with your energy body through the physical universe, or more precisely, through the real time zone. (dimension/certain frequency range)

In a dream however, you are in your dream (astral) body, the difference between a dream and an astral projection (out of body experience) is that in a dream (supposedly) the entire scenario, including the scenery, the people, everything is composed from your own mind, instead of cruising around in the public astral.
The astral dimension is not limited by space so there is no problem for your mind to create a whole private show just for you. Although in many cases, astral residents do influence your dreams, as in the case of meeting deceased relatives etc…

Perhaps it is easier for you to slip into your etheric body (although it is regarded as less of a natural procedure, traveling with your etheric body outside of your physical one)
than into your astral/dream body.

so, both lucid dreams and out of body experiences take place away from your physical body, only that in a dream, you are making up the environment, thus, to convert a lucid dream into a full astral projection, one would have to shut down the mental fuel he is giving to the dream.

however, as i said, in your case, you seem to be in the real time zone (hope you understand this term by now), which is another type of an experience with centered consciousness outside of your body.

in a real time projection, you might want to go cruise outer space or visit a friend (you can do that just by concentrating on the person you want to visit), try communicating with him or maybe even pinching him (although that would be quite difficult as you are a “ghost”), later you can ask him what he was doing for verification.

If you want to enter a dream, you should try creating a fantasy world while you’re going to bed, especially if you use WILD. imagine a nice place you want to be in (preferably one that does not exist in the physical universe, your own place) and start visualizing your stay there. That should take you into a dream (fantasy, fiction of your own mind)

hope this helps
feel free to ask any more questions that may arise.

when you are in oobe, your senses feel hundreds of times better.
Its like diffrence between bread with butter and hamburger :razz:

LDs are great, but OOBE its exploration of our space. The only real world :smile:
cheers

Ohhh hey THANKS a bunch for the great and informative respons. I was familiar with the concept real time zone before (read astral dynamics) but I havn’t been able to understand the relation between lucid dreaming and obe before. They have seemed so different but still so the same. But now finally I think I do! But I guess I won’t fully know until I have experienced an LD too.

So how come the projections in real time always seem to fade away very quickly (and no spinning seems to be able to stop it), while astral projections/LDs seem to be able to go on for some time for people?

Oh…and another question…Do lucid dreamers that use WILD feel vibrations and then after that they are in a dream world?
Thats difficult for me to grasp just because vibrations in my mind always lead to me being out of body in my room alone and it’s hard for me to picture something else, like being in a fantasy world with dream characters. (and maybe thats why I keep ending up there) But I’d love to be somewhere else :smile: So if thats a possibility I’ll work on that.

ye , pinching is hard to do…

you have to get a bit physical in a non physical state, which can be quite difficult.

As I said, traveling with your etheric body is harder than with the astral .

It’ll get better and better with practice.

Just keep going and have fun ^^

p.s.

if you want to have a lucid dream, just go to sleep concentrating on what you want to have and how you feel during that experience.
Put efforts into knowing it will happen —> creating it —> making it happen.

hope this helps

when you feel vibrations, you have to stand up as usual :razz:
but this time, the astral body will stand up :smile:

I didnt notice that part of the question.

Vibrations are just an indication of energy activity. It can implicate on a lot of things and does not point at a certain experience.

I, for example, do not experience vibrations when I go out of body.

I think that most OBEs are dreams. The OBE tecniques are so similar to WILD. I beleive in NDEs but most OBEs are dreams.

I have had many lucid dreams.

I have had 3 OBE’s.

The feeling is quite different.

All of my OBE’s started as lucid dreams. So it is possible that they were still lucid dreams, but I personally think there is a difference.

:obe:

Is the definition of an OOBE that it occurs in the real world (i.e. not a world made up by our minds)? If so, then does everyone who believes in OOBEs basically believe in the supernatural or that we have some type of astral body?
I just don’t see how an OOBE could be anything but a more realistic type of lucid dream.

a dream is an OOBE.
all there is , is experience.

you’re querying a data base, whatever you are experiencing.

While out of body, you can view this ‘physical’ universe, you can view the ‘astral planes’ or you can create your own world (dream).
Whatever the case, if you don’t use your own body, you could say you’re ‘out of body’.

it’s just a title.

I always experience vibrations, when i enter a dream through WILD it get’s less crazy though. It’s mostly a slight vibration, as if theres a sheet ‘covering’ my body from my feet to my head, then crawls over my face. After that i don’t feel my body anymore and the dreamworld starts to form when i allow my mind to ramble on.

When i end up in an OBE (let’s just use the word for now to make it less complicated) i get heavy vibrations, even when i’m out of my body everything is vibrating, as if i’m not in sync with my surroundings.

I have no idea why though, probably different for everyone, i’ve only been there twice aswell so not much experience.

I’ve never felt vibrations. I have LD’s all he time. I envy the OBE crew…or maybe I am one of them and don’t know it…@!