Drinking, and driving

I was reading about the Angels baseball player recently killed by a drunk driver. Now the guy who was drinking, and driving was driving on a suspended licens for previous drinking, and driving charges. This pisses me off. I mean how stupid do you have to be? I know when Im too damn drunk to drive, and I would never get behind a wheel, and risk killing an innocent person just to get somewhere. OK so your drinking, and driving, and you get caught… Have you learned your lesson? No of corse not, because some people are just to dumb to learn. People this stupid should not be alive. Theres alot of these people out there who have been caught drinking, and driving numurous times. I just dont get it. GRRRRR :grrr:

About 3 years ago, I was driving down a road. The car in front of me had a drunk driver in it. They swerved off the road, and hit a telephone pole. I watched that telephone pole crack in half, and swing around horizontally. It cut off the head of a man, 1 person in the backseat survived, with major injuries, the other 2 died. I tried all I could to help them all.

Man Tyreal, Im so sorry you had to witness that. That must have been awfull, and I cant believe those facts you posted. I honestly think alcahole should be illegal, a bit off topic/against rules. Its terrible to think someone would risk killing someone, and making there loved ones suffer just because there to stupid to call a cab.

I was at a family party tonight. I just got back. I had to stop my 22 year old cousin from driving while drunk. It is an ongoing struggle to stop this crap. :sad:

Well Ive learned the best way to deal with a person who wants to get behind the wheel drunk is to show them reality of the sittuation, and to shock there system. Say something like… “Listen if you want to risk your life thats fine, but you are NOT going to kill an inocent person, who just might be someone I love, So sit the fuck down, and sober up you dumbass”

I know its a harsh script, but I garuntee it will work when the situation calls for it.

that is the basic gist of what I said. Works pretty well too. haha

My parent’s car fell into a ditch because of a stupid drunk driver. My mother was pregnant (of me). removed I also disagree with banning alcohol, I mean there will always be stupid people on this earth who will misuse things and kill other people. In fact, I find it would be better to ban cars than alcohol. With all this talk global warming, someone will surely invent a new, better, safer way of transport?

it shouldn’t be banned. These things will keep happening no matter what. Making something illegal won’t stop the idiots who repeatedly drink and drive. They have a problem if they do it continuously, and a law won’t stop them, just how marijuana being an illegality doesn’t stop anyone who wants to do it.

It is just a thing that you have to deal with in life. (crap) happens. :neutral:

Well, I’m not old enough to (legally) drink yet, but stuff like this happens way more than it should. They drunk people say “Oh nothing will happen, it never does! belch puke.” And then they kill someone. And it’s not an accident, it’s completely their fault. They were perfectly aware of what could have happened, and they chose to do it anyways. It’s not a car accident, it’s first-degree murder.

In Brazil it’s prosecuted as such. (Actually, as second degree “with aggravators”, but that’s formality). The use of mind-altering drugs (I’m talking legal ones, of course, use of illegal drugs is an act which is prosecuted on its own), when associated with a fellony, can sometimes even double the sentence (be it a fine or jail time). From within the perspective of a legal justice system where everyone is responsible for their own actions, I think this is only fair. (Which is not to say that I completely endorse legal justice systems, but that’s for another topic). Point is: if you’re going to inflict upon yourself a state where you cannot respond for your own actions, then you should secure that you will not be able to cause harm to others. It makes a lot of sense to reason that failure to do so constitutes some variation of criminal intent.

In 2001 I was forced into a groupe of ?recovering alcoholics?.
I like you had the same superior attiude towards drinking and driving.
On thing i learned while there. Anyone who drinks alcohol , have had “a drink” and drove home, at one point in thier lives. We were lucky enough to be sapred what we deserved
For the yonger ppl this will be lost.
I hoping for the older, it can be the wake-up call it was for me.

i do disagree with testing by BAC though. just because there is a certain percentage of alcohol in my blood does not mean you know how intoxicated i am. it does not take into account personal tolerance and reaction to alcohol. this can be a major factor in how high you get from drinks. i for instance, have a very low threshold for the stuff and would not be in good shape to drive after only one or two beers, and still may be under the legal limit, while someone who gets drunk several times a week(i never drink) and has a very high tolerance could have three or four beers and have hardly any effect and still be 100% good to drive.

my main concern is people like me or people who are even more sensitive to alcohol than myself. drinking one to two beers with reasonable speed will intoxicate me, but i may still be under the legal limit. imagine what happens with someone who is even more sensitive to the stuff.

In my city, any alcohol level in your blood above the average is considered intoxication, and is treated as criminal intent in the case of its association with a fellony.