Stopping time???

Moved from Quest forum.

Hey guys I found this free text;
web-us.com/lucid/luciddreamingFAQ.htm#How can I stop real time in my Lucid Dreams?

Its a big LD FAQ and there was standing some interesting things. The most interesting thing ive posted here. What do you think? Is it possible to spend days or weeks in a 2 hours sleep? (I mean a long dream in 5 minutes is possible but days or weeks???) Or have you ever experienced that?? Do you know some techniques? Feel free to write. Maybe we can do an experiment…

There have been some threads about this. People have been able to slow down time and stop it too i think. The hard part is for you to stay at normal speed while everything around you is stopped.

Both Pedro and Writerscube stated to have had lucid dreams that lasted for several months.
Myself, I believe it’s entirely possible, as time is a very subjective conception, and I’m striving myself to get LD’s that long. :content:

Well actually, I’ve read some of WritersCube’s dreams and he has certainly done that before. How cool! If I ever get really good at Lucid Dreaming, I’d love to try it.

technically time will appear to have frozen if you are taveling at the speed of light

…doesnt sound so hard to do that in a dream, right?

:wink:

has anyone else had a dream that they feel like is lasting like- a whole day?
i assume that the brain translates time differently in a dream as it does everything else, i mean, the fact of how long a dream is continuing could be a dream sign by itself, right? but hey, i’m no scientist.
i’ve heard that bats can actually slow downtime in their head somehow, so they actually can think before they go plowing into a tree somewhere while chasin’ a bug, like that’s how they have time to register everything with their little echolocation thingy that they do.
i don’t know, there could be a difference between actually “slowing time” and getting the idea or the sudden feeling that you’ve been standin’ around for 3 and a half weeks for some reason.

[quote=“Strawberry Milkshake”]
has anyone else had a dream that they feel like is lasting like- a whole day?
i assume that the brain translates time differently in a dream as it does everything else, i mean, the fact of how long a dream is continuing could be a dream sign by itself, right? but hey, i’m no scientist.
i’ve heard that bats can actually slow downtime in their head somehow, so they actually can think before they go plowing into a tree somewhere while chasin’ a bug, like that’s how they have time to register everything with their little echolocation thingy that they do.
i don’t know, there could be a difference between actually “slowing time” and getting the idea or the sudden feeling that you’ve been standin’ around for 3 and a half weeks for some reason.
[quoteBoth Pedro and Writerscube stated to have had lucid dreams that lasted for several months.
Myself, I believe it’s entirely possible, as time is a very subjective conception, and I’m striving myself to get LD’s that long. [/quote]
]

very cool, i’ve heard of some people doing it for like a week but that’s just plain awesome, that’s definitely going on my future goal list!
Good luck with that by the way! :smile:

Yes. If dreams are in realtime, my theory would be that you go on a bus in a dream, then “skip” the bus ride. And when you arrive at your destination it will feel like it took 30 minutes or whatever in the dream but it real time it was only 30 sec.

But i do believe dreams are not entirely realtime. Apparently Steven Laberge did some test where a test-person moved their eyes every sec in a dream and he observed his eyes while he was dreaming about moving the eyes (may be hard to read hehe). And the eyes were moving in the same speed in the dream as irl. But that only proves that it can be in realtime. I’ve heard about people being in the astral for years but when they return they find out that they only were there for minutes.

Yeah i think it has to do wieth the brain, because under hypnosis you can also slow time or speed up.

sounds kinda cool! :content:

I find when I’m lucid and i know somthing bad is goig to happen I can do almost anything without practice eg I was flying the other day when I crashed onto some water and started getting attacked by sharks after getting bitten onece I got real angry and stopped time temporeroly easily, all the sharks just stopped including one with its jaws open inches from my face.