A WAY OF TRAVELING BESIDES FLYING!!!

Running, not that it would be fast but in dreams you don’t get tired or sore, so you probably eventually get to place you want to go… And if you happen to like distance running, it even might be enjoyable. :smile:

Blinking is another idea - it’s similar to teleportation, but you can only go as far as you can see, so it might take one to many many blinks to get to where you want to be.

Any kind of vehicle, but particularly automobiles I think would be interesting.

No O2 needed…

Your topic title appears to incline that people think they can only travel by flying and by no other method in dreams. I am happy to learn that is not the case. :tongue:

I would suggest digging, but the darkness would probably wake most people up. Maybe dig up a hole and drop down to the other side of your world? (not earth… unless… you want it to be earth…crisp dreamer… yum)

OMG OMG, I got a good idea.
If any of you have seen Avatar: the last air bender. Pretend you are an earth bender and travel by using the earth to make you kinda glide across the ground. You can go pretty fast by doing, Toph did it a few times in the series. If anyone has seen that show you know what I’m talking about… or not, but… if this makes sense to you try it!

Waking up in another dream body - The effect should be like coming back to yourself when a daydream ends, just the realization that the present fantasy is not where you want or need to be. It can, but doesn’t have to be, a false awakening.

Lensing - If you’ve ever looked through a telescope or microscope, and had to adjust the focus, you might see that it’s focused (say) on the “foreground”, followed by a moment of pained blurriness, followed by re-focusing. I think that lensing is sort of like that. You might even be aware of all the landscape features between your starting spot and ending spot, distorted and condensed as they are by the speed of your transport.
May also be replicated by dream item: Seven League Boots?

Elevator - Board it, go up or down, and get out on the floor that’s 5 miles East of where you boarded. Directions don’t have to make sense. :wink:

By piggyback
By horse
Swimming
By boat
Being dragged behind a truck
Swinging from a vine
By spaceship
By catapult
Crowdsurfing
Jumping is easier then running for me
By changing the scenery around you

I know this would go under the “Portals” category, but I think it would be interesting to try:

“Plugging into” a place like in The Matrix.
This would involve being in a “hub” area and then accessing some kind of terminal in order to instantly transport to a different place.

I was in a semi-lucid dream once and jumped really high above the clouds where I could see the whole planet, then when I fell back down I was where I wanted to be.

I super jump! It is really sweet! I was jumping from building to building. But it was kindof futureish.

I found some interesting methods (charmed.wikia.com/wiki/Teleportation):
-Apparition
-Ash teleportation
-Blinking
-Fading
-Flaming
-Glistening
-Beaming
-Lightning Teleporting
-Orbing
-Portals
-Rainbow
-Sand Teleportation
-Shimmering
-Shredding
-Smoking
-Sparkling
-Spell Teleportation
-Telematerialization
-Water Teleportation
-Whirling
-Wisping

These can be used as well (I’ve only tried out the Portal method)

What do you mean with water and sand teleportation?

I usually just walk through a closed door after telling myself what is on the other side. It’s worked pretty well so far.

Decend through the ground and expect to land in the desired place

Ahh thats an awesome one.

I dont know if anyones done this before but you could walk through mirrors :content: or jump into some water and when you surface your somewhere different. :smile:

You could also try and manipulate your surroundings with your hands and turn the place your in into the one you want and it also helps you with dream vividness and awareness :woo: :happy:

Turn on a television. Change it to the channel or place you want to go and just jump in.

Tunneling is always fun.

I look out a window and watch the environment change… kind of like teleporting the entire building…

Actually, i did teleport a stadium into a video game, and my dad’s old home onto the moon… Very fun actually.