A diary to be used by all... The Nightmare Diary 2

That feeling of fear is what fuels nightmares.

…Do you think it’s the fumes that are flammable or the fear itself? :tongue:

Haven’t had a nightmare for ages, but here’s one I had when I was younger. It was pretty scary at the time.

I was at school at 11:00PM. I was in the school hall with the rest of my class performing a dance routine. It was a slow dance routine, but instead ithe music was really eerie. Suddenly, I heard a muffled growling sound from the distance. I told my teacher that there was a sound, but she didn’t believe me. No one else believed me either, so they continued with the routine. A few minutes later I heard the sound again, but this time is was slightly louder. I went up to the teacher and told them that I was freaked out, but no one believed me (yet again).

A further few minutes later the teacher called me over. She asked me to do a favour - I had to put these maths cards back in our classroom…which was on the other side of the school. Worst thing was, it was almost pitch black. I reluctantly accepted to take them back. I began walking outside the hall, staying close to the dim lights that were across the walls. It was incredibly vivid.

As I walked, I heard the growl getting louder. The louder it got, the faster I began to walk. It felt like the pathway was going on forever, so I threw the maths cards behind me and just ran. I felt everything fade to black at this point, as I saw these huge red eyes staring at me in the distance. It growled at me, and I eventually woke up. The scary thing was, I could still hear the growling sounds, even after I had woken up. They got louder and louder, and at one point the growling sound was so loud that I thought I would explode. Now I think it was a auditory hallucination.

I had this dream last night, so I figured I’d post it.

Someone put me in on 3rd base for the World Series game, and we were winning by 1 or 2 points. The bases were loaded. The other team was up to bat. I was nervious. Ben K. yelled down from the stands for some support. I wasn’t paying attention that close, and the batter hit a grounder to 1st base, and the 1st base men tagged 1st and threw it to 3rd, and I dropped it. Thus the runner from 2nd base already rounded 3rd, and the ball that was dropped by me continued to roll. It was rolling towards Home plate, and I kicked the baseball, trying to get it momentum, in order to pick it up, like I do similarly in Tennis. Well they said it was against some rule, and I ended up making them lose the World Series. And I felt extremely bad and guilty.

It was the feeling that my tennis skills had made me become terrible at other sports like baseball.

@Vampirism45
My worst nightmare, (and it really doesn’t sound that scary) is one I have since I was a small child, it keeps coming back, it gives me shiverings thinking about it.

I wake from another dream into a false awakening. I’m still a child and lie inside my bed in the house I lived in as a child, every thing is black and white. I know some extremely scary thing is walking to me, as sort of demon but I don’t see or hear it yet. I’m so very afraid that I shout for my father at which point a become lucid but I’m too afraid to do anything. I regret shouting for my father, because if this is a dream the demon will surely take the form of him.
Then I hear my father coming, but I know it is the demon, and even know I am an adult and don’t life with my parents anymore I try to scream for my father in real life hoping he’ll wake me up.

Here’s another nightmare that I had:

I was at the playpark. At this time I had a fractured heel so I had to use crutches (which transferred over to the dream) Suddenly the Earth shuddered, and I saw all these people running away from something. I heard the shudders again, but this time it was louder. Then it gradually got really loud. I knew what it was…the most common theme to ever appear in my nightmares as a child…a giant. It started stomping, crushing all of these trees as the giant cracked the path. In my earlier nightmares I would run, but eventually get eaten (I didn’t experience the disturbing process of being devoured until I was 10). This time I could not run because I was on crutches. Bizarrely, I managed to escape from the giant and was on the run through a narrow pathway. After escaping I appeared right where I started (at the playpark). My grandparent was there, and he was telling me about these flags. He said the flags were possessed by ghosts, and they haunted people at night. During this discussion the giant came over towards me, and then came over and began to bring his hand down to me. He grabbed me, and just as he was about to devour me I woke up.

A lot of my nightmares nowadays involve being devoured alive, and still surviving. It’s quite disturbing actually.

I’m not sure if this is a dream, a chemical induced OOBE or a hallucination. Well, about a couple years ago, I had a possible (over)overdose on a dissociative drug. I was completely gone I was visiting the strangest places and then coming back into reality and vomiting and shit, Well I remember before passing out, I was OOB and I was shrunk and I flew to see the time and everything started flanging and I felt a intense tugging while a woman was crying why?

Well I remember being in an all black place, with a tough looking guy, wearing glasses and a weird hat he told me to get down, and he walks over to me puts his hand on my shoulder and he takes his glasses off and stairs down at me, crying with pupils fully dilated like to the point where it was all black. He was crying and he kept shaking me and was asking why have you done this, All mournful and stuff, and then he started yelling it and he’s getting pissed. Finally he picks me up and throws me at an invisible boundary then he says my full name, and says do you know what you could have fucking done? he then transformed into a good friend of mine who I really asked, and in her voice it says. Do you think she doesn’t care, she loves you. it slaps me again and turns into a shadow person, it was the hatman carrying a suitcase. He then said to me, with glaring red eyes, You know I could of done my job and just took you, your lucky your my favorite, and then he says now go live a lifetime and learn your lesson.

I think this is where I regained consciousness and resumed tripping because time dilation was fully, I literally felt like I was living in this crystal city for months. Until everything went black and I woke-up in the morning.

I want to write here sometime, but not at night ^^
My nightmares are particulary scary since they involve History (around 1933-1945)…so I don’t want to frighten anyone ! I stop here for tonight because I am already frightening myself… ^^

I have plenty of nightmares, because I just can’t stand the idea of people being so cruel to each other… But they often are. As soon as I’ve seen a movie about murder, so horrors or trillers, I nearly always dream about it. And it is very, very realistic…

When I had seen the movie “halloween” the crazy man with the mask was chasing me all night long, and I was the only one with the abillity to fly, so I had to drag allong all my familly and my boyfriend, so it went very slowly and made me extremely tired.

When I had watched scream, I saw the man cutting open my boyfriend as soon as I fell asleep, so I emediately woke up again and barely slept that night…

I saw a movie about a serial-killer last sunday, and that night I really feared dreaming about it, so I fell asleep at 4:30 am… And tonight I dreamed I was killed in an elevator :bored:

But I also have nightmares that have nothing to do with films I saw.
Like the one where some foreign invaders burned my (11 year old) sisters foot because she had let the barbeque produce too much smoke :cry:

These things really freak me out, and I get very tired from them… But until so far, the only thing I can do to avoid it is not to watch or read any cruel things… This is very annoying, because I often don’t find the story or movie scary. But it keeps me from watching those things with my best friends… I often chose to watch the horror movies because I don’t want to be isolated… But it truely tortures me at night… And I can’t wait to learn how to control my nightmares!! It would truely save my social life :content:

I’'ve had quite a few of these. This is how I learned to gain some sort of lucidity and gain control over my dreams because when I was little I would have a lot of nightmares. I’ll mention two for now that involve getting cut. In one I was getting cut open by the chainsaw massacre guy, and in another I was in some Arabian city getting slowly sliced up by some random guy. I have also had recurring nightmares where the grouch from Sesame Street chases me in his trashcan in my flooded house. (Either lava or slime.) I also had one where I was like being hugged by the devil when I was really little. Just to name a few… I actually have gotten to the point where I don’t remember having many nightmares and even when I do they aren’t really scary to me anymore for the most part, especially since I can control them.

Reading some of these nightmares sends a chill down my spine…
I’ve also remembered 2 pretty gruesome and frightening nightmares.

First one was when I was walking over to my Nan’s house. It was at night. I welcomed myself inside because she was expecting me, and I said: “Hello!” There was no answer. I slowly walk around the lower floor of the house. The lightbulbs are very dim, and its as if they’re about to blow out. My grandparents are nowhere to be seen. I’m about to go up the stairs when I see a dark figure in the corner of my eye. It turns out it is my Nan. Her eyes are green (they’re usually blue), swollen, bloodshoot and look like they are going to burst. She starts swinging her arms towards me, and begins foaming from her mouth. My initial reaction is - she’s a zombie. I try for the door but they’ve been locked. There is a sword in the corner of the room. I pick it up, but I realise I do not want to kill my grandparent.

Suddenly she corners me, and starts grabbing me by the head, and tries to get a bite. I relentlessly swing my sword, and her head comes clean off. I feel upset, because I realise I have lost a relative…and it’s my fault. I search around some more to see if my grandad is around. He is nowhere. I go into the kitchen, and sit down at the table. At this time, the light is very dim. Suddenly, there’s a huge flash of light, and my best friend appears. He stands there in the same spot, motionless. I shout at him, and then his eyes open. They look very similar to my Nan’s eyes. He stretches his arms out, but this time there is a magnetic force that brings me closer to him. When I reach him, I struggle but cannot escape. My friend grows claws and begins slicing me, and continuously biting me. When I’m weak, he sends me through the ground, and there’s a direct hole that leads to Hell. I wake up before I get there.

The second dream disturbed me for many days afterwards, and made me feel sick. I did not want to go to school the following day.

I was in a supermarket with my parents. Me and my Dad were going over to buy some chicken. We went there, and next to the meat were labels. They read names of people from my school. It took me 10 seconds to realise what had happened. I panicked as I realised they were possibly slaughtered, and their meat was being sold in supermarkets. I felt ill.

The next day at my school, I realised there wasn’t many people as they was. At breaktime, I went out on the field. This time, there was no-one except from me out of the ‘playground’ (I was 10 when I had this dream). As I walked across the field, I saw gravestone and heard mysterious funeral music (it had mysterious organs and choir). On those gravestones were names of people who had been ‘butchered’. My heart sank. Suddenly, I heard tribal music come from the hedges. I slowly walk towards the hedges, and inside is a huge room. I was astonished.

Inside the room were overweight people, dancing to tribal music. There were meat hooks and mysterious sharp objects on the walls. One of the women bashed into me when she was dancing. I hurtled at intense speed into a wall. The women turned round and ran towards me with weapons. At this time, I woke up.

Even to this day, typing up that second nightmares gives me chills.

that was scary.

The worst thing about nightmares is that as soon as I wake up, I always relise that these things are all based on reality. And that people are murdered or tortured for real every day. So nightmares aren’t “just dreams” wich are over when you wake up. They’re your own interpretation of all dayly cruelty… That’s why I still can’t live with nightmares or horror movies. Every time I have them, it makes me understand what some people have to put up with every day…

moved from lucid adventures to the existing big topic in stuff (since replies appear to be normal dream nightmares) :moogle:

Basically whats a scary dream you’ve had.

one i remember is i was on a deserted island with cartoony graphics and it was a mortal kombat tournament. illidan from WoW was there and he was trying to starts a zombie Apocalypse. he succeeded and ned flanders was fighting zombies and one was trying to hang me. :bored:

I once dreamt that some dead people chased me into a church. Inside this church I saw an armchair, facing away from me. I noticed that someone/something was sitting there, unmoving. Curious, I ventured towards the chair and had a look. Sitting in the chair was a wooden dummy with a wide, gaping mouth. It laughed at me and grabbed my collar. I woke up. Seriously, that dream scared the hell outta me (I was 6 when I had this dream). I’ve hated dummies ever since. :cry:

Scariest dream ever was non-lucid. Personally I am more frightened of non-lucid dreams because when they happen you are completely convinced that they’re real. In this particular dream I was being hunted by a group of people. I had no idea who these people were and it probably doesn’t sound scary but being there was the most frightening thing ever. I was being hunted and I hid scared to death and eventually woke up. Unlike the freaky dreams, waking up from an adrenaline packed dream like that one is a relief.

Ok well mine would have to be back when I was like… 13? My favourite band at the time was 2 unlimited (I know lol… shush) and one of their songs it sounds like the guy says “jam jam jam, let yourself go, let yourself go!” and in the scary dream, there was a TV, and i didn’t like this particular TV for some reason and wanted it off… so I unplugged it at the mains. But it was STILL ON! And that’s the kind of idea that really scared the teenage me, and then I heard “Jam, Jam, Jam!” and then woke up almost like en explosion lol… (well, this IS coming from a guy who’s childhood fear was the red boxes that set off fire alarms! Perhaps I’m just a little odd :razz:)

My nightmares get worse with every one. But my current scariest is one about being betrayed by a tour guide and killed for it. >_<

eek… well I tell you what - I know my way around the dreamscape… just… come with me… I’ll show you around all the safe places! … … :razz:

i dreampt that i was lying in a hospital bed when the heart rate monitor started to beep faster and faster. There were surgeons surrounding me and getting all panicky; then the monitor went BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP,
and all i could see was a CAT scan of my dead brain. The long beeb was so loud it woke me from my sleep. I freaked because i rarely get any dreams of me dying and the heart monitor was unusually loud.

I have a strategy to escape nightmares I don’t really have any but when I was 6 or 7 I did and they didn’t last long because I would just use the strategy and leave one involved getting chased into a corner by Darth Vader.