How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

I learned to do it on my own.
I still haven’ t read anything on how to do it as i guess I am a bit superstitious and don’t want anything to block or change the way I have been progressing with it. I know it probably sounds crazy or dumb. I want to have a better hold of it though before I read on to take it even farther.

I guess it started with being really interested in my dreams. They were usually great but sometimes they were too ‘dark’ and i couldn’t get out of them so i would tell myself before bed that I needed to realize that in my dreams that it’s just a dream. That didn’t pay off until like a year later.

for fun one day, i was researching sleep patterns and the dream process (yes i’m a nerd :razz:) and i stumbled upon lucid dreaming. I was curious to see how it all worked, and managed to come to this fantastic site.

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forums. Anyway, I learned to lucid dream (first one last night!) from listening to binaural beats for about a week, every night as I went to sleep. I read the blog at Rhythmheal (link removed) and decided to try it out as well. Binaural beats worked really well!

Link removed due to spam guidelines. :dragon:

I learned from this site and Carlos Castaneda

My first lucid dream I guess wasnt technically lucid. I woke up in my dream to some startling things and as i closed my eyes to go back to sleep (still in my dream) my sister was sitting on my bed next to me. I immediately began lucid dreaming because i skipped all the stages before REM since i was actually still asleep. I remember telling my sister exactly what i was seeing as i was seeing it and then jumped off a balcony into a huge chasm with absolutely no fear of death. After this i forgot that i was dreaming and just became part of the dream again.

How I learned… I didn’t learn. I had it since I was 3, and had it ever since. (im 16) I don’t know how I got it, but everynight I have lucid dreams so it comes naturally to me. Everynight im either have two modes: A adventure dream ( I do have control, but sometimes I dont. It depends what adventure im doing.) or a dream- life dream, ( It would be my life inside that world,and I can control that) I just realized what I have cause I found it on google. Now I want to learn more about my other world. :smile:

My first LD was probably caused by me reading so much about lucid dreams on this site that it made it’s way into my SC. So yeah, I learned to LD from this site. :content:

I read about it in the lifestyle and hobbies section of facepunch :happy: there was a thread about it, with a link to this site.

I’ve a few memories of lucid dreaming as a child. I always got way to excited, and woke up very quickly. I just recently found this site, and joined as fast as I could. I haven’t included these to my LD count because I’m using it to see my progress as I go along.

Well my body just wanned to ld lol, then i learned more about ld and learn how to rcs and stuff.

My brother told me something about controlling own dreams and I felt like testing it :tongue:
now when I have tested I can’t stop because it is so fun :smile:

Reading books helped me a lot , then I started doing RC ,and keeping a dream journal was very helpfull too.

my story is kind of weird…a friend of mine told me about lucid dreaming and it dint really intrigue me then…after around a year or so, i tried that movie which he had recommended, ‘a waking life’, and everything else just followed as if it was meant to be…

for me, that movie was life changing…it added a fresh new perspective on the subjective nature of reality…

I read about it on another forum that referred to this website. So I read the guide on here and started reading forum and doing RC’s.

hi all, i had my first LD few months ago… for some time i stopped practicing LD’s, but now im back :smile:. To have first lucid dream i was doing RC, keep DJ what am still doing…
So I was doing DILD tec. and it’s a very good start i think, and I will try to combine DILD with MILD. It should give a good result. If someone have some advice pls post it.

sorry about english… im from Europe, small country called Croatia…

by going on this forum!

It’s kind of the core of my family. My uncle Stark-and he didn’t dissapoint the name- had so many books, articles, notes, and even documentaries for the family that’s down the line to use. In fact, my mom especially gets down with the dreams. That’s another long story though…too long and complicated. Good thing I like complicated.

i found out about lucid dreaming on a show called American Dad (a pretty common show). they basicly had half an episode about it. they tricked th kid who trained himself to have lucid dreams to think he was having one in real life. long story short he thought he would be able to fly and jumped out a window. he lived so its alright.

Haha, I saw that episode a few weeks back.

I found out about lucid dreaming from a forum, but I still haven’t had an LD yet :\

My first lucid dream was during a free-falling dream that had kept repeating itself quite a few times before, and I had read an article about how if you stayed in your dream before you hit the ground, you wouldn’t die or anything hurtful, so I became lucid and what do you know, I didn’t die c: