How can I stop having lucid dreams?

@Neo: The person that originally posted this thread may no longer be around, but I AM and I have the same problem. Constantly having lucid dreams is extremely tiring. Maybe you shouldn’t disrespect people when you have idea about their problems.

Maybe my dreams were tiring because I was usually a ninja or some Gerneral/Leader in a war. Or it could just be that being aware and making decisions in your dreams is just as exhausting as it is in real life, except you can’t just climb into bed at the end of the day and have a great nights sleep that makes all your problems go away.

It’s true that a lot of people are on here because they would like to LD, or at least LD more so it’s easy to understand how you might not be able to see that it’s like everything else in life, You can have too much (possibly with the exception of love).

So what ? In my dreams i often get chased through cornfields, have to climb through ventilation systems, dive in water, i am in middle of wars, sometimes i am fully stressed with fighting aliens and at the same time escaping them on a space-ship which is about to explode…and i am never tired of it nor do i feel tired during the day because of those dreams.

Come on you dont have to make life-important decisions for hours and hours while being lucid in your dream.
Sorry but you come here and blame lucid dreams for your problems with being tired during daytime, thats bullsh**, did you ever thought your actual problems like being tired is something far else than lucid dreams itself ? A lucid dream cant “exhaust” you in any way like a normal dream would exhaust you, if lucid dreams would exhaust you than normal dreams would exhaust you as well…probably even more because in a normal dream youre at times stressed and scared but being lucid youre all relaxed and easy, feeling well and great and feeling even better when you wake up.

You and this guy seem to suffer some serious problem and obviosly try to blame lucid dreams, sorry i cant follow you and i have to say i feel like being bullshitted if someone tells me “my dreams exhaust me and then i am tired during daytime”, i absolutely cant follow that.

All though having a lucid dream or such a streak usually has a refreshing effect, I could understand that having them all your life constantly can be tiring.

Your mind after all has to think and make actions to some degree.

Here is how you might solve the problem:
Fall asleep and get a lucid dream (If you don’t get it, then you’ve accomplished your goal :tongue: ). Instruct your subconscious to give a normal dream and to shut off your consciousness during it.

You wouldn’t believe how strong messages to the subconscious mind can be:
From getting rid of phobias and anchoring feelings to changing your view of the world and getting rid of addictions.

Hypnostists and NLP practitioners know this.

Focus on that thought and expect to loose control over your dream. Lay down and fall asleep.
Repeat until you succeed.

Even if you don’t, and you should, your brain won’t be that busy if you lay down and do nothing 'till the dream fades away. Good luck!

P.S. I’m no moderator, but I think they all would agree that everyone should stop fighting and show a bit more respect :smile:

How should that possibley be the case ? If constant lucid dreams would tire a person, then normal dreams would tire them as well so then we would all be so tired after our dreams. Why could someone think that the thoughts in a normal dream arent exhausting but the thoughts in a lucid dream can be exhausting ??? Being lucid just changes the fact that youre getting aware of your dream, the thoughts itself are the same, no matter if lucid or not, if you have a nightmare during a normal dream, youre scared and run away, if youre lucid, you are not scared and you dont run away, because you know youre dreaming, so how could that possible be exhausting a person in any way ???

…and in a normal dream your mind has not to think and make actions to some degree ???

Fighting ??? This is a discussion and nothing more, one claims something and the other one claims the opposite, you do know discussions are like that do you ? I thought thats what forums are here for, to communiate and to discuss, but if there is anyone easyly offended by whatever they might find offensive, then please let me know and i will try to talk a different way.

Someone claims lucid dreams are the reason for his…whatever problems he has, and i discuss and try to explain why this cant be possible and that from a logical and psychologic point of view its impossible that lucid dreams would tire out persons but normals dreams wouldnt.

EDIT: Okay there can be one aspect of lucid dreaming which could have an effect on a person, but i dont know if that effect would be positive or negative. If i remember right then scientists claim that dreams are here so that our subconscious mind deals with the events happening in our life, now if we would be lucid every night, i assume our subconscious mind cant deal with the events happening in life because a person does what it wants and the subconscious mind doesnt has its full freedom within the dream coz the dreamer creates his own dream…now if that could cause being tired the day after too many lucid dreams, then it could believe that.

That’s what I’ve been doing. I’ve been LD free for a month now, but took a month of trying before I could consciously turn off my lucidity while in a dream. It was pretty funny when it actually happened because my brain went “Awh, I’m dreaming” then responded with “That’s alright” and that was that. Lucid period ended.

Now I’m trying to have on demand LD.

This is exactly it, not being able to slip away to Lala land.

Well, this is a contradiction, isn’t it?
How does it have the same thoughts when you would respond differently when you are lucid?
Running away and fighting the monster isn’t the same, obviously.

There is a big difference. In normal dreams, your mind is given certain things (that happened during the day) to process. If nothing relevant happened, your mind processes nonsense. It does not have to think and make somewhat important decisions. It just processes things during the state we call dreaming.

But when you are lucid, you are aware of that, and can change things at will. You can decide anything or make anything happen.

Having LDs irregularly doesn’t have that effect tho.

Well, I don’t know what your intentions were, but saying he’s ‘‘bullshitting’’ didn’t seem very friendly. OK if it wasn’t your intention, it just seemed so.

After all, he’s more familiar with his experiences than you are, and if he wakes up very tired after sleeping, the first logical thing to blame would be his sleep.

Cheers.

Obviously he is not, otherwise he would know how to deal with his lucid dreams and wouldnt be in such trouble to seek help here…but most of all…

I clearly mentioned its wrong to blame LUCID DREAMS for being so tired all day long, and if you look deeper into his message then its obvious why he probably is so tired during daytime:

“The problem is I can no longer get a decent nights sleep, I am plauged by lucid dreams and have at least 5 of them every night. The next day I wake up and feel like I haven’t had enough sleep.”

…he claims to have AT LEAST 5 (!!!) of them EVERY NIGHT, so when its right what he claims then he wakes up 5 times and falls asleep again to enter the next lucid dream, at least five times every night. Paradox! Because he first claimed he is lucid constantly and often sits around in his dreams to wait what happens, now if he wakes up so often then its not one constant lucid dream as he made it look like at first.

…man if i wake up at least five times during my sleep, and that every night, then i am exhausted and tired during daytime as well, but then i have to get more control over my lucid dreams so that i dont wake up five or more times and stay lucid during the whole night.

Anyway, if hes so expierienced with is lucid dreams as you claim that (you dont even know him personly but only the 7 posts he made here, so please try to stay with the obvious facts and not with his claims to be lucid constantly) he would have learned how to stay lucid so that he doesnt wake up 5 or more times during the night and then probably wouldnt be so exhausted anymore…but probably he has a weak bladder and thats why he wakes up so often from his “constant lucid dreams”

Familiarity does not equal skill.
We have guides and all the techniques here.

Depends on person’s views.
Some can have 5 different environments and situations without waking up and call it 5 different dream, while others consider them to be different only if they wake up in between them.

We even had a topic about it.

Even if it’s completely untrue that his lucid dreams are responsible, it’s his opinion and he thinks that they are even tho he could be wrong.
I don’t see how that’s ‘‘bullshitting’’.

After all, if he’s wrong or not does not matter to me that much, him getting the desired results does.

Love that. That’s just the thing we need in this world.

…now dont tell me your alarm-bells went off because i used the word “bullshit”.

Ok Obi-Wan, i understand…

…yes yoda…and i am an evil sith.

…easy fellas, i am not here to step onto anyones toes, i just have a certain way with words and while others are amused with that, others may feel offended, sorry for that. :smile:

My alarm bells did not go off because that word is considered to be swearing, but because of it’s meaning.

It’ all OK :smile:

I hope you don’t ‘‘step on anyone’s toes’’ in the future, I’m sure you will find this to be a nice place.

This is the first time I’ve ever seen anyone ever want to stop having lucid dreams. I would consider trying something else other than getting rid of them beforehand first.

Guys,

I thought I would just post back here as I have a friend who like me also suffers from sleep paralysis and totally messed his head up with lucid dreams.

I did find a cure for this in the end, I now have to take antidepressents to sleep. I haven’t had a lucid dream in years now and the dosage I take is very low.

I still sometimes get sleep paralysis but no more lucid dreams. I either wake up or just fall straight to sleep and have normal dreams.

I don’t know what all these terms you guys use, for me a lucid dream is one where you are awake and control the dream, whereas a normal dream is one where you are asleep and it’s like watching a movie.

I still think you are all crazy for wanting to have lucid dreams, it burns your brain out! The fact that you feel pain in these lucid dreams should be enough to put people off. I remember once faling off a building in a lucid dream and was in absolute agony.

How is it possible to suffer from SP? It is a natural function of the human body which prevents you from moving physically while dreaming, thus preventing you from hurting yourself. And lucid dreams shouldn’t be messing anyone up, they are fun and should be admired, not feared.

Do you take medicine in order to prevent you from lucid dreaming? Do I understand right? Usually people used various products in order to get more lucid dreams. It seems that your understanding of lucid dreams is wrong. They are not dangerous. They are, in fact, supposed to be fun.

You could use the SP to enter a lucid dream by applying a technique called WILD. You’re missing out a lot.

Not exactly. A lucid dream is a dream where you are aware of the fact that you are dreaming. Dream control is not included in the definition of lucid dreams, since you don’t need to be able to control the dream in order for it to be considered a LD. And you are not exactly “awake”. You are still asleep. To explain it simply, it’s the conscious part of the brain which makes you lucid. Usually the conscious part is inactive during sleep, but it may become active, thus resulting in a LD.

No, it doesn’t burn anything out. I advice you to look at threads named like “Does LD’s enhance you life?”. Lucid dreaming is an extraordinary experience and it does not hurt you any more than normal dreams do. Everything is the other way - lucid dreams do infact make your days BETTER, and they do no harm whatsoever. You are misinformed and your facts are false.

You don’t have to feel pain. All the feelings in dreams are formed by our expectations. If you clear your mind and accept the fact that it’s a dream, you won’t feel any pain, unless you desire to.

I would advice you to take up lucid dreaming. It is a beautiful experience. If you reject it as something horrifying or dangerous, I feel sorry for you, since, as I said, you’re missing out something spectacular.

Really weird topic, as most people would kill for what the author of this thread has… :smile:

By suffering from SP, I think he meant while he is awake.

I remember this topic, read it from the beginning, this guy has done more in lucid dreams than any of us. I can see how someone would want to rest from it after having every dream be lucid for all his life.

You kind of missed his point, he knows it’s not dangerous, he just wants to rest from them as he feels they tire him :content:

Well, obviously he is a natural Lucid dreamer. You can’t do much about that. You need to accept this and enjoy it. Dream possibilities are endless. There would be no reason to try to get rid of them. And I did understand that he was conscious during SP, but the fact that he can use it to get another nice LD makes me wonder why does he suffer.

Well, the point is, he doesn’t want to use to enter a lucid dream. He’s full of them. If you read his previous posts, he says he’s become tired every time he wakes up because he cannot have a single normal dream.

I can understand how having LDs occasionally can even refresh you more than LDs, but having to be conscious every night multiple times? If he says it’s tiring, I will believe him.

Tho, imagine his potential in the lucid lab. He could test everything.

Hmm a problem which is not a problem for us but a miracle… It is really interesting it’s like that guy, after he get hit by a ball he is able to remember everything …
Four us it’s like having super power ability, and be tired of them is like Peter paker in the 2nd movie.