Falling out of bed feeling

You know that feeling you get when you feel like you’re falling, almost like you’re half dreaming, half awake? Is this considered an OBE or something else? I’ve been curious for awhile:) hmmmm

I don’t know much about OBES (yet) So that’s why I’m asking :cool_raz:

Here’s a (wiki) definition of OBE:

The falling sensation is a part of hypnogia, called a “Hypnic Jerk” Hypnogogia is the state that you enter when falling asleep, and an extremely important stage in WILD

It is extremely common, and is thought to be caused by sleep deprivation/anxiety.

An OBE is a more… spiritual phenomenon where you view yourself while floating above or view other aspects of life. Now don’t get it confused with being a DO in a dream where you follow yourself separate from the body, but it’s viewing REAL things that are around you, people who are said to be legally dead have been known to have this happen as well as while people meditate.

It’s not an OBE. So much so that you can either wake yourself up by physically kicking the bed, as if you were falling, or else you kick yourself into a dream. An OBE is a matter of yet another different “perception of your body,” where you don’t actually sense yourself by your physical shape and position, but rather in terms of your energy flows. You’ll know what I’m talking about when you get one. :smile:

feels like a total noob So, you’re saying that an OBE is actually seeing yourself from another part of the room? LOL. I’m sorry. This is that one thing I have yet to understand. Any useful videos or anything out there? facepalms

Lucidponyyyyyy!!! Im soooo lost! Hahahah! :eek:

That’s more of an example, not exactly what happens, but it’s what quite a few people who’ve had OBEs report (although not necessarily truthfully, I’ll take their word until I’ve had one myself)

feels like an idiot after much researching on this site and youtube, I FINALLY get what an OBE is! I also learned about astral projection and am now scared when I get ready to sleep in bed. O.o huh, maybe some day I’ll try it:)

that’s exactly what i experienced… i had maybe 2-3 ld’s so far and some while ago i found out about astral projection… been reading about it and watching videos… the next few days i was really scared to know that such thing is possible! but after some time the feeling got away… but i still thing that it’s possible… a lot of people are saying to do this… but i will believe it when i have one.

also what i found out is that the most important thing to do is to get your fear away if you want to start with astral projection… i don’t think that a lot of people are able to do this!

EDIT:
Now on topic, I have this feeling from time to time and I can agree that it happens when I’m worried or i’m afraid of something… or when I’m really tired. Basically when I get this feeling I try to move as soon as possible and it goes away… but it’s a very strange feeling. :sad:
So for me the best method getting into LD’s is MILD… the other ones are really scaring, for example WILD. :sad:

Actually, WILD can be cool. All thoes things that you experience. Some are wonderful, and some are frightening, but I enjoy all of them.
The fear of SP’s, astral projections, OBE’s and things will go away with time, and you will understand that they are actually quite cool. Just be patient.

Thanks for your response. But is it really only patience? I read on a lot of places that the only way is to face your fears and just go through all the things… but i’m really freaking scared! :confused:
But maybe you are right… time will help, i’m only 20 years old. :smile:

In this case, you shouldn’t face your fear. If you are really afraid of the things you go through in WILD, and you experience them, you will probably quit LDing forever.
In a month or two you will realize that you want to try WILD.

Try thinking through daytime about WILD, and what can it bring to you. Read about people’s WILD experiences and read some tutorials.
At first it helped me that I imagined that I took some psychedelic drug, and the vibrations are initial thrills, SP is a bad trip and LD state is the good trip state.

When you’re thinking about WILD, you must remember that SP or any hallucinations can’t hurt you at all.

Time will help!

EDIT: And yes, some people think that departing your soul or mind from your body can hurt you. I thought this in the beggining. But its completely untrue, you can’t get into comma or something.

There was once I woke up with face downwards, suddenly Saurons eye was below me :razz: and I started to fall down to it, but I knew I had to be dreaming and formed a dream of it. Its nothing to be afraid of, but it reQuires a lot of will to force oneself calm :wink: