DO REALITY CHECKS ALWAYS WORK? MINE FAILED

so, like the title says, i had a dream, did a reality check, and it FAILED. resulting in me failing to achieve lucidity.

here’s an extract from my dream journal:

Tried WILD but fell asleep… so in this dream i remember being in bed, in my room, looking at a light outside. I got a feeling, and I somehow knew it was god outside, that light grew bigger, and flew into my room and lit up a standing candle stand in the middle of my room, i dont have one in rl btw. Then i remember having a false awakening, thinking: “dayum… so that wasnt really God?” and i remember doing a reality check, but it FAILED. it was just like a reality check in real life.

Is there something im doing wrong?

Are you sure you weren’t just awake? From reading the extract in the DJ there’s nothing in your “FA” that could hint towards it actually being a dream and not reality.

i knew it was a dream because i remember waking up from it :sad: also, in the FA, my room was bright with sunlight, but when i woke up for real, the sun wasn’t even out yet

There are two factors here:

1. If you don’t make a habit of expecting your RC’s to work, then there’s a chance they will fail due to subconsciously expecting them to not work.

2. Sometimes certain RC’s are unreliable, which is why it can be a good idea to do two or three different ones at a time. I usually pinch my nose and try to breath. If that doesn’t work, I try to put a finger through my palm. Also, RC’s like looking at a clock and then looking back again to see if the numbers change are painfully unreliable. If you think you’re awake and therefor it will be the same, there’s a good chance it will be the same.