Early Stages of WILD

Can someone describe what should be happening in your head while on the path to a successful LD attempt using the WILD method?

I’ve had 3 lucid dreams in the past week without knowing any LD techniques, and in all of them I realized I was dreaming while I was in the dream. I have no recollection of what was going on in my head before then to get me there. I just remember feeling tired, closing my eyes, and then looking down and realizing that I had Sonic the Hedgehog feet.

But now that I’m trying WILD, I’m not having any lucid dreams. I think it’s because I don’t know what to look for. The idea with WILD is to stay conscious as you fall asleep, and then enter your dream fully aware that you’re in the dream. But what are some signs that you are progressing to the point that you’re in a dream?

What are the mental steps you take?

For example:

Does anyone ever find themselves lying there, about to fall asleep when your mind starts to wander and you start conjuring up images of things?

Am I supposed to really focus on one of those images, and try to bring it to life with conscious intention, while my body is in a fully relaxed state?

Can anyone help?

The first thing I experience in the WILD technique, I see images. It’s not very important to pay attention to the images. Then I get the vibration all around my body. It kinda feels like I’m a vibrating cell phone. I try to stay calm. After about 5 minutes, or what I think is 5 minutes, I hear a buzzing noise with heavier vibes. When that happens, I cannot hear anything in real life. I know that the dream is about to appear. A subtle flash happens and I’m in my room. Fully lucid. Hope this helps. Also, the more you try to WILD, the easier it gets. I’ve tried WILD for 10+ times. I’ve done it successfully in the last 4.

actually, that really depends on your approach. Paying passive attention to the images can really help get into the dream.

and, nice, 4 out of 10 WILD’s is pretty good. :cool:

I’m so happy this topic was brought up. I too have been trying WILD. I see the images but I can never seem to focus on them very long. I’ve woken up from this inside a dream but it’s like I go right from seeing images and the next thing I know I’m in a dream. This has only happen a handful of times though. Sometimes I will see the images and think that I wake up and am laying in my bed but in actuality I realize in the morning that was a false awakening and I should of done a reality check. I’m getting better at that by the way. So what I can tell is that it is a delicate balance. A head game you need to learn the rules to suceed and balance.
Lately I have been having a dry spell of LDs but in my waking life I feel more lucid then ever. I’m perplexed :eh:

To me, there is no particular order of happenings. But some of the things that I experienced so far are:

• Hypnogogic Images - Usually random images of things you saw during the day.
  • Hypnagogic sounds and music - really realistic, ranging from scary to beautiful.
  • Sealed Eyes - Your eyelids will feel like they are glued on each other.
  • Numbed body and floating - Your body feels like its floating, and it feels like body parts are out of place.
  • Short hypnagogia scenes. Basically, short dreams that end in a few seconds or so.
  • Objects flying towards you - a hypnagogia scene in which some objects are flying towards you, they are most of the times abstract. You will get the feeling that you are flying in big speeds.
  • Concious sleep paralysis - your body is completely numbed and you can’t move it, only open your eyes. It is when your body is asleep and your mind is still awake. It will probably start from your feet, going up. It will feel like gravity is increasing. This state is like a defense mechanism against walking in sleep. You have it every night, but don’t feel it. It is a scary, but harmless state.
  • Hypnagogic Hallucinations - If you open your eyes during sleep paralysis, there is a great chance that you will see hallucinations.
  • Chills - Parts of your body will maybe twitch.
  • Vibrations - To me, they feel like I’m going into another energy field. Or something like that.

I’ve been having trouble with WILD recently as well, i used to be able to get to the vibrations and HI and nearly into a LD but recently I’ve found myself falling asleep too quick to get to that point I’ve tried counting, that sent me to sleep faster and pretty much kept telling myself to stay awake but that also doesn’t work anymore

what do you guys do to stay awake when trying to WILD?

Go read my post in this thread: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … highlight=

You can also try drinking some coffee or tea. Or eating a chocolate bar. Or drinking some coke.

A very important side note on this topic. If you’re doing a WILD attempt and you’re thinking: "I’ll first have to wait for the images, then wait for the vibrations, then wait for the sounds, etc, etc. Trust me, you won’t even be asleep after 5 hours of waiting. As long as you’re actively waiting, then your SC sees this as a sign that you don’t want to fall asleep, because you seem to be on high alert for something important to happen.

Thanks for pointing that out. This really might address my problem with WILD. I cannot fall asleep while WILDing or I suddenly sleep in and immediately wake up alerted somehow.

Yesterday i tried a WBTB and then a WILD, after waking up , i have done a RT and then i went for a read , 5 mins later ,i went back to bed and start the WILD.

And, well, i got some sounds, but i went “Where that sound come from?”, and i woke up.

So i tried again, i felt the PS, remaining calm i have been able to pass it, and then…well… i got stuck in my head… that’s a strange feeling ,you are like, alone ,in your head, with void, you feel your body ,it’s like you are sleeping ,but you are awake in your head saying things like "Hey i could play cards if only i had cards!’’
From here ,i tried to get in a dream, but ,how can you get in a dream when you can’t makes things appear ? or when there is no HI?

I don’t remember what happened next. Woke up on morning.

I’ve been trying to wild for a while now but I can never even get to HI. This is getting really annoying and I am wondering if I am doing it right. Can someone try to explain to me exactly what to do?

Should I not move at all no matter what?
Should I try to make images in my head or should they appear by them selves?
Are there any things that people know of that can help you with this?

God dammit. I was in bed one night, And all of a sudden, it felt like I was in minecraft, and I was falling. Blocks were whizzing passed me at enourmous speeds- it felt like I was flying. After about a minute of this, my eyes opened for some reason, and then I went to sleep normally. I was so close.

Thanks for that, now I know what to look for.

I got Hypnagogic sounds, really realistic ,when i am on WILD, the problem is that each time i hear a HS, i… listen to it ,and he disappear ,and then i have to try again ,any idea about ignoring those? staying calm?

I mean ,anyone would listen to a Wolf howl in your head ,no?

This sorta used to be my problem. I would be hearing sound hallucinations and they stop so I think that I’ve failed again. Just recently, I heard them, they left, I waited for another 15 minutes. I got up and did a reality check. I was dreaming. :cool:

yeh ive been working on the WILD technique for a few days and i think im getting better… basically i count or something in my head to get in nice and deep, but i think my problem is i wait for the images rather then lettinng them happen…

Nice!! I will try tonight after a WBTB, you really wake up from your bed? did you saw images or something like a final part? what were you doing while hearing sounds? :happy:

As mentioned previously it works differently for every other dreamer…

In my case I get strong vibrations and when I feel that the vibrations have risen to the extent that they’ve started giving light strokes to my body in the upward direction, I would push myself out of the bed…this usually works…you can do an RC after this to ensure further…

The idea is that when you think that the vibration have become unreal…like your arm gets raised a little above your body, you know that you’re not IRL…or that’s how my mind works for me…

oh yeah…i get no picture…no HI for me…i know its weird…but that’s how it is…

goodluck :smile:

Same, i only have HS :smile:, well i guess i will just stay still, counting, until something happens.

Every time I try to do a WILD I always get:

1. Nothing (black)
  2. Moving, colored dots
  3. Dots form moving clouds
  4. I got a strange feeling in my head
  5. I got a strange, heavy feeling in my arms and legs
  6. The feeling stops
  7. I feel I am awake (done a RC, I was awake)
  8. Can start again

This repeats until I lose interest or fall asleep normally

How can I com further in the whole falling-in-sleep thing?

One thing that helped me with WILD is music. Once I got a WILD in 2 min.