EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

So, I wonder if anyone can help me here...

Author  Message 
DreamerForLife:}
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4 :}

So, I wonder if anyone can help me here...
PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Hey again :D

I don't know whether this has anything to do with dreaming, although I feel it may be connected somehow, but tell me what you think.
Okay, so, I can see this white line, when I'm dreaming and in real life too, I can see my boyfriend's also. If I move my arm, there will be a white figure line of my arm following behind it to catch up and then it disappears into my arm. It doesn't just happen with my arms, it happens pretty much everywhere I can possibly try.
I've tried to look for answers because I don't have a clue what it is, but I haven't succeeded as of yet.

Can anyone shed some light on this please ? smile or, at least give me theories.

Thank you :3 cheer

Current LD goal(s): To have more LD's and ask unanswered questions :}
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 360
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

Does it happen all the time, and only for you and you boyfriend or on other things as well? I'm sure there is some kind of spiritual answer that someone will give, but sadly I'm not the person for that. I guess I'm just a bit too mundane. There is a possibility, however, it could be an actual issue with your sight.

If you are seeing something IRL that shouldn't be there, I would consult an eye doctor. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude, but I don't want a whole bunch of people to be speculating some special meaning involving auras and universal oneness when you could have an actual condition that needs to be looked at. It's probably nothing like that, but I want to be safe ^^

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Quote:
Does it happen all the time, and only for you and you boyfriend or on other things as well? I'm sure there is some kind of spiritual answer that someone will give, but sadly I'm not the person for that. I guess I'm just a bit too mundane. There is a possibility, however, it could be an actual issue with your sight.

If you are seeing something IRL that shouldn't be there, I would consult an eye doctor. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude, but I don't want a whole bunch of people to be speculating some special meaning involving auras and universal oneness when you could have an actual condition that needs to be looked at. It's probably nothing like that, but I want to be safe ^^

I've tried it on other people also, well, not tried... but examined closely, only me, my boyfriend and a close friend know about this xD purposely, I don't want people getting involved with it really lachgroen but I really would like some answers... or, theories at least.
Well... I think I've been able to do it for a long time, but I only noticed at the very beginning of 2010. I have seen a optician, and they said my eyes were perfect so... I don't think there's anything wrong there, but thank you very much for the concern smile you didn't come across as rude at all lachgroen
I thought maybe it could be some type of energy, aura, or even soul.... but I have no clue at all o.o

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 360
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

Ah, well if your eyes are fine them I'm all out of ideas tounge2

I can give opinions, and I'm sure many following posters will, but in the end there are so many things to this world that we simply don't understand. My best advice is to figure it out on your own without clouding your mind on the theories of things that can't be proven. Heck, lucid dreams are great for finding answers, eh?

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Quote:
Ah, well if your eyes are fine them I'm all out of ideas tounge2

I can give opinions, and I'm sure many following posters will, but in the end there are so many things to this world that we simply don't understand. My best advice is to figure it out on your own without clouding your mind on the theories of things that can't be proven. Heck, lucid dreams are great for finding answers, eh?

By all means, give your opinions ^^ I just need a few possibilities before I jump to some sort of conclusion xD
I will eventually ask in a lucid dream, however, I feel slightly distracted lately... the weird dreams I had over the last day or so have been some what odd xD but I'm hoping to get back into it again.

DaConceit
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 09 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

I agree with Rhewin, before feeling too comfortable with an esoteric explanation you should check that it is not something physical.

In my opinion you should talk to a doctor, one you trust and whom you explicitly tell not to talk with your parents about that yet. Tell him about visual problems, describe the symptoms whithout getting esoteric (he'd get a wrong impression).

Btw, the optician can't do that much, as he only does very basic tests. Usually they don't even check for color blindness or 3d issues. In your case it might be something with growth, your blood pressure (yes, really!), your seeing nerves, your visual cortex (oh-oh) and nearly anything else.

Go find out the truth.

Current LD goal(s): Learning
Dazino
Present every moment
Astral Explorer
LD count: Often

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

Can you explain more about what the light looks like?

Being a practitioner of aura gazing, I would like to say you could be simply one of those people who pick up on auras naturally without having to practice, however you say you only see this light when somebody is moving?

It could just be some sort of visual distortion, but when I gaze at auras and the person moves, I experience the exact same visual phenomena you talked about.

DaConceit
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Dazino wrote:
It could just be some sort of visual distortion, but when I gaze at auras and the person moves, I experience the exact same visual phenomena you talked about.

And did you have medical check after you told your doctor about seeing the aura of other persons? What was the result? Or didn't you simply mention that?

Current LD goal(s): Learning
Dazino
Present every moment
Astral Explorer

DaConceit wrote:
Dazino wrote:

And did you have medical check after you told your doctor about seeing the aura of other persons? What was the result? Or didn't you simply mention that?

Why would I tell my doctor about my spiritual practice of seeing auras? Anybody can see auras, there is nothing special about the visual phenomena you experience while practicing.

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

I'm not sure what this white line looks like, and, this is just an idea. But it sounds a bit like tracers. That everything that moves leaves a trail that takes a moment to catch up. This has nothing to do with the eyes. It is a neurological issue, and people who use certain drugs report tracers. It's like the afterimage which should go away immediately stays a bit longer than it's supposed to. I don't know if maybe your description could fit this scenario, though it sounds a bit different, but if it is tracers, it is something to be concerned about because you're not supposed to have them. You might want to see a neurologist.

Beat Doctor
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

Ye, krakatoa has a point. Any hallucinogens could cause this. I think you can get it on your own too (not sure), so be really sinsere about your drug use when you speak to a doctor. I read about this a few days ago.. It's H something.. Maybe I'll remember.

Current LD goal(s): Visit outer space, summon the first lucid dreamer.
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Dazino wrote:
Can you explain more about what the light looks like?

Being a practitioner of aura gazing, I would like to say you could be simply one of those people who pick up on auras naturally without having to practice, however you say you only see this light when somebody is moving?

Thank you for your reply, and I apologize for the delayed response, I have been working a lot lately >.>

I have also thought that it might be an aura... but I don't know. It could be something to do with my eyes I guess..

The light is kind of... transparent, but not completely. It's visible, but I can see through it easily. I do see this light when someone is moving, yes.

Dazino
Present every moment
Astral Explorer

DreamerForLife:} wrote:

Thank you for your reply, and I apologize for the delayed response, I have been working a lot lately >.>

I have also thought that it might be an aura... but I don't know. It could be something to do with my eyes I guess..

The light is kind of... transparent, but not completely. It's visible, but I can see through it easily. I do see this light when someone is moving, yes.

Ok; can you try something for me? Sit down in a quiet room, and take an easily visible object; a rock, lump of wood; nothing to complex to the eyes. If you have a small plant, then all the better; something living would be preferred.

Put the object where you can see it at eye level while sitting. just gaze at it for a while. Not looking directly at it, but just about an inch above it. Blink if your eyes start to dry up, but try to keep your eyes still; staring in the same place. Keep gazing until you seem some luminosity coming from the object.

If you have success with seeing the aura around the object, compare that to the visual phenomena you see when people move. get back to me; with this info, it will be easier to understand exactly what is going on.

Edit: Forgot an important factor; do this against a white wall, or the closest to white as you can get. if you have success with this, I'll have you do another test, with your hand.

EagleBeak
Flying to new heights
Somniologist
EagleBeak has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I have no idea about auras, so I'll just say that it may be something wrong. Check with a doctor, ask in lucid dreams and try and explore all the different ideas you can (The most important one's being your own)

Current LD goal(s): WILD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Dazino wrote:

Ok; can you try something for me? Sit down in a quiet room, and take an easily visible object; a rock, lump of wood; nothing to complex to the eyes. If you have a small plant, then all the better; something living would be preferred.

Put the object where you can see it at eye level while sitting. just gaze at it for a while. Not looking directly at it, but just about an inch above it. Blink if your eyes start to dry up, but try to keep your eyes still; staring in the same place. Keep gazing until you seem some luminosity coming from the object.

If you have success with seeing the aura around the object, compare that to the visual phenomena you see when people move. get back to me; with this info, it will be easier to understand exactly what is going on.

Edit: Forgot an important factor; do this against a white wall, or the closest to white as you can get. if you have success with this, I'll have you do another test, with your hand.

I did this test a couple of days ago, at home and school, and the aura around the object is the same, except when its stood still it just surrounds the object and doesnt move. ^^

print