False awakening

Hello, ive tried to Lucid dream but ive not yet reached that goal, however something really strange happened to me yesterday. I was sleeping but suddenly woke up. Strangely my computer was on in the middle of the night making a really loud humming sound and also the keyboard glowed more then it should. I needed to take a wizz so i went to the bathroom and did that, when i came back the pc was off so i was really surprised so i pinched my arm and i felt pain. Then i checked if the power to the pc was on and it wasnt. So it must have been some kind of false awakening slash sleepwalking :confused: Anyone experienced something similar?

Moved from Lucid Adventures.

Hi!

I think it was your run of the mill false awakening.

And read the articles of reality checks. The “pinch me” pain test is known not to work.

Good sign though, most people get false awakenings before achieving actual lucidness.

I found that the levitating RC works best for me. Breathing one is good too but it might not work well if you have a cold. So the best is to just try really hard to push off the ground a little. I tried it last night and I started to rotate in mid-air, but I had another problem with this RC (won’t affect you for sure).

I have FA quite a-lot, about once or twice a week (Those weeks when you actually remember your dreams) They were always me doing something weird to suprise my dad (He wakes me up). sounds too real, you probably fell asleep on your laptop and won one those “Free” Wal-Mart gift cards (Explains Buzzing) and you’re laptop backlight was up so when you went to use the bath room the battery died.

I have FA a lot and I really hate them. It isnt until I found this site that I realised what they were. They always freak my out but then much about this topic does because for years I had no idea what was happening or that other people experienced it. I used to try and explain what I saw as nightmares, to people but could never word it right and it sounded so muddled people didnt seem to u8nderstand what I was on about making me even more certain it was something mad or strange that I shouldnt mention but this waking up and going through some usual routine and then really waking up is just plain weird. I still hate it because its too too real, and then something really odd will happen and then I wake up for real. How do you stop FA? I dont want them, I get freaked out by them and stay up really late if I had one the previous night because my anxiety goes sky high!

I was having wat seemed like a false lucid dream because i knew i was dreaming (didnt do a reality check i just thought about it and realized) and i didnt get to do anything in it and it started fading so i tried to rub my hands it worked but not for long so i thought i woke up and i still had my hands were up like i was rubbing them so i decided to go back to sleep and i woke up for real