2020 Vision

Healing waters

Author  Message 
Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

Healing waters
PostPosted: Fri 21 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

I had a LD lastnight, and in it... First let me explain how my mind works. I have really bad anxiety that something is allways wrong with me. What if I have Colen cancer, or prostate cancer, skin cancer, or what if I develope diabites. My mind is allways going from one worry to the next, and theres nothing wrong with me, I worry about it so much that I begin to worry Ill worry something into exsistance . So in the LD I go into the bathroom, and look in the mirror, and I look very unhealthy then someone tells me that the water in the sink is healing powers so I drank it, and I look healthy again. So what if this could be true? What if you could have a LD drink the water in the dream, and it have healing powers?

JayHaze
Are You Experienced?
Somniologist
LD count: 21

Don't worry...about a thing...cause every little thing. Let me stop right there. Are you talking about the water healing you IRL, or in dreams? In dreams, yeah its possible. Is it healing you like with your anxiety?

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

This may allso help to have LDs. In your next LD just ask for yourself to have more LDs, and drink the water, but you have to know, and have faith that it will work, and it will. This could be a revolutionary LD technique dream water is magic water.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

JayHaze wrote:
Don't worry...about a thing...cause every little thing. Let me stop right there. Are you talking about the water healing you IRL, or in dreams? In dreams, yeah its possible. Is it healing you like with your anxiety?

I have a feeling it will work in real life if you believe it will work.

Faraday
Outworld Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: ~49

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

In Laberge book, there is a part that talk about this.

If only i can get a LD again i'm gonna try! :D

Current LD goal(s): Increase Lucidity / Find a way to LD when i want./ Find a DC i already met.
Chat Mods
LD count: 13

Kava wrote:
I have a feeling it will work in real life if you believe it will work.

The mind is a powerful thing from my perspective. It seems a strong positive mental attitude towards a problem, will help you to deal with that problem. I'm not talking about something making you superhuman, but if you are pessimistic about a problem, illness or something, you'll find getting the drive to fight is harder, you waste energy fighting yourself that could be better spent on solving the issue, fighting the illness etc.

If this does have a positive effect, I believe it will be because you expect it to, you fight harder, and put more energy in to make it congruent with your beliefs. For me this makes it a powerful tool to improve your life, whether its supernatural, remains to be seen.

Current LD goal(s): Become a Dragon! RAWR!
DaConceit
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Re: Healing waters

Kava, I think you really should enjoy the feeling of doing something good for your health when drinking the water in your dream.

I really think this could be good for your anxiety and also gives you a good feeling, which is really important for your immune system.

I personally do not believe that the water could heal you from a heavy disease, but it cannot harm either and can give you the necessary mental strength.

Current LD goal(s): Learning
King Kandy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

So basically, the water resolved the underlying issue behind your hypochondria? Since you weren't ever truly sick and it was mental, you could definitely resolve it in a dream if it helps you treat the underlying anxiety.

Current LD goal(s): Get back up to speed
Shinice
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: -Every Night-

PostPosted: Thu 10 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

There's no way the water could've healed you physically. But mentally is possible. What you seen is simply your imagination. That's what dreams are about and created: From your Imagination.

Current LD goal(s): Control when to LD
Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 12 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

I agree with GreenDragon: the mind is very powerfull.
Think of the placebo effect. A lot of our health is in the mind, so the mind can change it... especially the kind of troubles Kava is talking about.

LucidLife74
Astral Wonderer
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10-ish

PostPosted: Sat 12 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

WOW! I am soooo going to try this in my next LD! I am also very paranoid about my health and often stir up a great deal of anxiety...This would help me too if it truly works!!!

Current LD goal(s): have frequent successes!

print