WBTB questions?

Why does WBTB help with WILD and do you have to stay up for an hour, whats the minumum amount of time you have to stay up and can you wake yourself up with an alarm clock?

WBTB helps with WILD because you are waking up out of a REM state which you cannot get into until quite some time after you fall asleep, when you WILD now it will be much easier since you will go strait into REM sleep. When you wake up it doesn’t have tone long just do something that gives you a mindsEt that you are about to dream, and yes you can use an alarm but try to use a mantra instead if possible…sorry if there are any typos I’m posting this from my ipod

As far as how long WBTB takes, it really changes from person to person. I’ll write real quick in my DJ and go right back to sleep, otherwise I would have a hard time falling asleep. If you fall asleep quickly, you’d want to make it longer so you don’t just drift into nothingness right away. In general, the shorter you’re awake, the faster you fall asleep but the harder it is to concentrate; longer and it will be easier to concentrate but you may have to wait a bit to fall asleep.

Yeah, I want to reword what Rhawin just said in the way I understand it.
The shorter you’re awake, the easier it is to fall back asleep but the harder it is to have a LD; the longer you stay awake, the easier it is to have a LD, but it will be more difficult to fall asleep.
So you have to find the right balance of how long you stay up before going back asleep, so it won’t be too tough to fall asleep and still be easy to have a LD.
If you don’t stay up for a long time, you have to put more effort into the WILD. But if you stay up for a long time, you need to be able to relax more to fall asleep, and a LD will come more naturally.
I hope this made sense; I’m not too good at explaining things sometimes :neutral:

Hmmm… i don’t think it’s 100% sure…

Because DEILD, is a short WBTB , i mean , i think.

I think you mean ,the shorter you’re awake, the harder it is to focus whil falling asleep.

I think that it’s all about getting your mind/brain more awake or active, but your body still has to be asleep… That’s how I see WBTB…

So like Rhawin said, it’s different from person to person, But I like to stay up for 15 min. not more, but that’s just me, and my opinion :happy:

Yeah, you may be right… Yeah, that makes more sense, thanks :tongue:

Well, how do I wake myself up without an alarm clock, because that doesn’t work either (I guess I’m a heavy sleeper, or it’s just a bad alarm) I mean explain auto-suggetion to me

:clock: In my limited experience, as I understand it, its about telling my mind when I want/need to be awake. Getting it fixed into my head. You’re better at estimating time passed than you think. You know the times when you wake up just before your alarm goes off? If you have to be up early for work or something that is weighing heavily on your mind? Everyone has done it at one time or another. Just the other day I set my alarm for a certain time and was worrying about the next morning because I had something important happening that would really impact my life. I set several alarms to make sure I woke up and yet when I did wake up I was surprised because I woke up, looked around, remembered what I had to do that day AND THEN my alarm clock went off, followed by another then another (I stagger my alarms for maximum impact :smile: ) I guess its a version of that. My mind was fully aware when to wake up, I obsessed about it before I went to sleep and voila!! I woke up before the alarm went off. You will have done it too at some time if you think about it, we all have, its about training your mind to do that when you really want it to. :cloud9: