Abducted by Aliens!!...??

[color=blue]I was wondering what others opinions are on ‘alien abduction’ and the reality of it. Its just that as I learn more about LD, SP, OOBE etc I am more and more aware of the similarities between some super natural encounters and the physical things that happen during LD.
I wondered firstly if anyone has ever experienced what they believe to be a real alien abduction and if those people regularly LD. Secondly what is the opinion of others about this topic relating it to LD? I feel personally that many unexplained phenomena can be explained by considering LD and SP. The feelings and experiences are so alike. You know how terrifying SP can be and how absolutely real LD is. Isnt it possible that alien abduction is just an extreme form of SP and LD? If you believe in alien abduction isnt it possible that you may carry this into your dreams? To have a LD experience with this on your mind could surely cause your brain to manifest aliens? The stories we have been told will be implanted somewhere deep in our minds so isnt it likely that alien abductions are not actually what is happening? When people believe they have been whisked away into a UFO and had all kinds of things done to them, couldnt it really just be the trickery of LD, the terror of SP fooling them into believeing they have actually been abducted?
[/color]PLEASE everyone who has an opinion on this tell me what you think and what your experiences are. I am not dismissing an idea at all honestly I am just trying to determine if there could be some other logical/physiological explaination.
:astral:

Moved from Lucid Adventures.

I once had a SP/alien experience. It lasted like only a few seconds, but that short moment seemed perfectly real to me. I could see and feel two alien hands grab and drag my head to take me out of my bed and abduct me. I woke up to realise my head had slid away from my pillow. At the time I didin’t know about SPs so I was like “what the hell ?” and my conclusion was it was a nightmare that seemed more real than a regular one.
I can’t tell what my feelings would have been if that SP had lasted longer. But it was so real to me when it happened, I could hear weird voices and perceive the intentions of the “Alien hands” to abduct me. Very scary.

Another way to explain alien abduction testimonies : post-traumatic amnesia. Have you seen the movie “Mysterious skin” by Gregg Araki ?

It’s not lucid dreaming related because they didnt realize they were dreaming. SP, OBE and HI, surely can be misinterpreted.

Vivid nightmare with FLD or PreLucid into it ,so when you wake up you still have the feeling, may be an explication.

I only had ,one vivid dream about this, (I never got any nightmares since my 10 years old birthday)

I was sleeping and a white light appeared, two aliens grabbed me and woke me up.
Don’t ask me any questions about the next.
In my room i got a blade that i bought in spain ,it’s purely decorative but it’s still sharp, i head punched one of the alien ,took the blade and violently murdered the them, i will skip the details, i still have the feeling of the gray blood on my skin…

And before i wake up i was like “Oh no, i have to clean this now.”

Alien abduction is poor fictional nonsense! Or… they want us to think that… :\ Anyway, from what I remember, I had no weird experience with alien abduction. Makes little sense to me… I think I saw a tv program about that, it referred the abductions to sleep parilization and HI. That seems to make most sense… Hm… I think I will have a dream of aliens today… :o

Ha, ha ! That’s exactly how I feel ! :happy: I’ll use this as DS for tonight then :smile:.

And about the UFO thingy. Nomadder what they do or say, they have no proof of the existence of such things. I could give you links of documentaries about UFO’s - you’ll see that they lack lot of proof and they are kind of boring.

We are definitely not alone on this planet and universe. There are up to 10 dimensions known to humans. But aliens and UFO’s… hmm… they don’t match any of these.

My opinion: There are no “aliens”. Perhaps, just like you said, super vivid FA’s concerning alien abductions (that is, dream alien abductions)…

[spoiler]Some links I told you about (look them up for a few seconds and slide through them, don’t waste much time watching). Here, here and here.

Too bad of the good documentary website to post such ones… :neutral: [/spoiler]

I belive that there are aliens, I just don’t think they have contacted us yet, or that they are as technologically advanced as we believe.

I have yet to experience something like that, but I really want to now :smile:

[color=green] :yes: so far then most people seem to be saying that ‘alien abduction’ is or may be nothing more than a sleep phenomenum (ooops spelling) most specifically SP and HI? Thats kind of what I was thinking. Even people who have had some form of alien encounter believe it to be a sleep related thing rather than a reality. I dont dare suggest it is that :sad: on the very rare chance that I am wrong and aliens then take revenge hehehe :content: but Im pretty certain now that it is all a trick of our mind, a hallucination brought on by the weird and wonderful world of sleep, dreams and the like. Anyone think differently? If so why? :confused: [/color]

A few thoughts.
I got into lucid dreams after a long interest in ufos and aliens. Once you experience the reality of the LD or feel the feet of a night time visitor on your bed, you cant help but think twice when somebody who claims to be abducted say ‘it was so real it couldn’t be a dream’. My thinking these days is that ufos are not alien spaceships and have no relationship to alien abduction. I think alien abduction is a sleep related phenomena BUT I’m not so sure that those beings that are perceived are just imaginary. There is a possibility they are real beings that we are interacting with in an altered state. Whether they reside on another planet or a parallel reality, who knows??? Or maybe they are just figments of our imagination…
Few thoughts:
The Alagash abduction happened to 4 people - I haven’t heard it was a hoax. How can 4 people share the same abduction experience?
There is a famous Australian case (Maureen Puddy I think) where the ‘victim’ was abducted during daylight hours with the investigators present. She was obviously in some sort of alternative state that is perhaps more commonly encountered when near to a lucid dream state.
Drug reference removed :ysim: