How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

I learned about LDing from a good friend of me. He thought i would find it interesting. Now we share our dreams and we motivate each other. A few days ago i talked to him and he said he was stopped to Lucid Dream. I told him it was amazing and he needed to start again. The next day he told me he have had 5 LDs in his last hour of sleep. He told me all 5. They were amazing!

The first lucid dream i ever had was when i gave up :tongue:

Yep, sometimes taking a little break can make the difference. Getting rid of the added stress of thinking “I WANT AN LD” every night can really help.

when I was in probably 5th grade, an author came to our school that wrote books about dreaming or something, and at the end, she was like “if you buy my book, I’ll show you how to control your dreams, and know you’re dreaming.”

I didn’t buy the book, but I walked out of the room with my young mind reeling. Controlling your dreams? unbelievable, amazing.

I didn’t do any research on it until about 3 years later, when I actually learned what it was called. Lucid Dreaming. I then did EXTENSIVE research on it, and when searching for how to achieve this state, I found LD4all, and have been LD-ing ever since :smile:

THE END :content:

I’ve been having a recurring nightmare for a few years. It wasn’t at all very scary and didn’t even occur all that often (say, once a week, give or take), but it was annoying enough. It wasn’t even original, very orthodox. Basically the dream went of spinning in predictable pattern, i knew what it was going towards. Often, it’d involve a narrow road on steep cliffs and a speeding car in which i’m the passenger. The turns would be more and more dangerous,speed ever faster, until, inevitably, we’d be thrown off the road into the abyss below. Falling sensation and end as i was about to hit the ground. As i said, very run of the mill.
Then one day, a good two years ago, for no discernible reason, i simply refused to hit the ground. I was falling toward it, a big sheet of dark pine forest, when around 20 meters above it i said “no”, spread my arms and just stayed there, levitating.

Since that night i haven’t had a nightmare. Though many dreams may spin in dark corners, the knowledge that i can stop or change it whenever i want, prevents them from being scary.
I also generally know that i’m dreaming, whenever i’m dreaming. I rarely willingly change anything in them. Since that seems to be part of the definition of LD, i’m not actually sure whether they are LDs. Is the knowledge of it being a dream, when i’m inside it enough, or does it have to be intentionally changed. :confused:

i got mine just from reading the forums, crazy enough. you see, i was going to start up on LDing, i got a dream jornal,symbol decoder, and a new pen. but i stopped a week afterward cause i was reallly busy, and had about 3 dreams written inside my dream jornal. i decided that before summer break, i would absorb as much information as possible, write it down, so when summer vacation hit, i would know everything that i needed to know. but, while i was writing down this information, i had two LDs withought even trying! both were done using the hand to finger method. im amazed and happy that my success is going on so early in my slightest attempt :tongue: so yeah, i got mine from taking in as much LD info as possible.

I first heard about it on an image board, somebody was asking if it actually worked for anyone as it hadn’t for them. There was a direct link to this site and I’ve been surfing it maybe once a week from then on.

I was very lucky in having 2 lucid dreams on the second night since first discovering lucid dreaming. I had been doing the RC where you cover your nose while your mouth is closed and try to breathe, about 50 times a day over those first 2 days. Then at the end of the second day, i had 2 MILD’s. :grin:

This is the only technique i have used and it seems to work well as long as you do it often enough.

I once saw an Wikipedia-article about “Nightmare on Elmstreet” and in that movie, the kids managed to kill Freddy with the help of lucid dreams/they killed him in their dreams. That led me to the lucid dreaming article and to this site.

Since that, I’ve prefered the MILD technique and was succesful, just once but I was ^^ I also use the RC where you try to breath through your nose while you’re covering it with your hands and I always count my fingers.

Have sweet dreams tonight c:
Sincerly, Kandismon.

i learned by many videos on youtube. Especially ones by ReeceJones i think it is… When i first learned about lucid dreaming that night i was so scared of going into SP hahah. I got kinda lucky on my first lucid dream :smile: After only 2 days of researching things on LD, i got my first one and it was LONG!!! That was also my 2nd dream ever recorded :grin: Heres how i was lucky-- it was a crazy night. SOOOO in the middle of the night— i had my phone in my lap and it fell off my bed when i was asleep which woke me up and i remembered and wrote down my first dream!!! I was so excited when i was writing it down. Little did i know the pen was out of ink and nothing was written down. This time though basically served as a WBTB. When i went back to sleep i had my first LD which was very long and i had GREAT control. I woke up in the morning to find that my other dream was never written down and i forgot it. But i wrote my LD and then later in the day i remembered my original dream :happy: That really got me staretd on lucid dreaming :grin:

I’ve heard of it before but I didn’t know you could train to do it, I thought that it just “happened”. But now that I saw this website and some Google search about I became very excited, and yesterday I had my first lucid dream and it was amazing!

i first started lucid dreaming just because im a very curious person and when a friend told me about it i just had to try it. It took about 5 months i think to get my first one, and i’ve only had a few, but im working on it!

On this site, and because i was so exiting to lurn this stuff!!

I learned LD with this site. I always use RC’s.

I have learned LD at about the age of 16 (Yeah very old).
My friend was trying to achieve one and he told me about what a LD is so I thought that I could attempt for it as well.
My first LD was induced with DILD by the help of just doing RC and paying attention while I do it all day and every day.
The first LD lasted for something like 15-30 seconds and it faded really quick since my heart kept on pounding :razz:
Today I am trying to return to this world since I have neglected it for the god knows what time. I use mostly auto-suggestions MILD and WILD.
Back in the days I was constantly LDing (At least 1 LD a night in average) I was LL, autosuggestion and MILD in the weekends. Only if I woke sporadically at night I would attempt a WILD/VILD.
:razz:

Both of my dreams happened when I went to sleep early and wasn’t really tired. I rolled around for an hour or two, then I give up and go take a drink because my mouth usually dries out very fast, maybe even take a leak, then I laid back down, and fell asleep and woke up probably 5-10 times during the night. The last period of my “irregular” sleep is the one where I become aware and lucid. Then I wake up and get out of bed. It’s weird.
I should add, I never used RC.

I tried WBTB, WILD, but accidental DILD is the only thing that seems to work…

Also my first lucid dream was on August 7th, the second was on August 17th. I have no idea how many lucid dreams per year you guys have, but 2 in a month, is this good or bad for a starter? (I’m not a “natural” either)

Well, when I finally found out what a lucid dream was, and what it can do, (this was 1 year ago) I searched it up, and saw a bunch of reality checks. So I often did the hand checking one. Eventually, I did a hand reality check in my dreams, and so, that’s how I learned to lucid dream :smile:

One day, I wanted to know how to lucid dream at will. (the day I joined) So I searched up “How To Lucid Dream At Will” and I got the WILD method. After researching and researching, this one person on yahoo answers told me to go on Ld4all.com. And so I joined! And I learned more about other techniques I am currently using :smile:

0.0 It’s pretty good for a starter, I mean, as a starter, my first lucid dreams were only like 1 each four months.

Hi Before I started looking into LD’s i may have had 2 or 3 years apart. But since Ive been studying reality and obe and ld ive had say 3 in the last year. Im now training myself with the RC to try and make them more regular

I learned about LD from Castaneda’s books. I was trying to look at hands for about a month, then had a LD. I wish I had known about other methods, not only about this one. Then I could learn to LD much faster. :sad:

Why do you think thats old? Just look at it like this: you have about 60 more years to master LD’ing. :razz:

I learned about LDing when i was searching something about dreaming and ended up at this website.