First Steps to WILD part VI (Basic WILD Q&A)

Just tried to WILD outside on my lunchbreak in the park by my work. As usual, I wasn’t successful (have only ever achieved 2, but give it a try every now and again, just for fun) but got to the SP, with some flashing lights and my eyes starting to rapidly flutter. I would have kept going but I heard my watch beep and knew I should be getting back to work!

Anyway, it’s been 10 mins and I still feel all weird, like my head fully hasn’t returned, and electrical tingles are still shooting around my body, and I feel this massively calm mellowness Comment removed. Please read the guidelines. :mattias: Feels good man :cool:

Am enjoying this relaxed sensation, but just hope it’s not a permanent state haha! :eek:

edit: Oops, sorry bout that reference! I should have read the guidelines first :sadyes:

I always fall asleep when I’m trying WILD. I count my breathes, I try to visualize stairs to count, and I’ve listened to theta beats while falling asleep but nothing works. What else can be done to help WILD work for me?

if you’re just starting out with lucid dreaming, WILDing might be a little challenging, because first you need to raise your self awareness, by keeping a dream journal, doing reality checks, etc.

over time you will have a greater self awareness, which will help you with WILD’s. I’ve been doing this for a year and I still can’t WILD, but hey everyone’s different, so it might be easier for you :content:

good luck!

The point rather is to fall asleep, no? :tongue: Okay, enough of me acting smart, and onto your problem. I’d advise not starting with WILD. It is not an easy technique for most, and definitely not for beginners. Also, it’s nearly impossible at bedtime when you first fall asleep. It’s best done in conjunction with a WBTB.

I’d recommend using MILD and WBTB as you start. It’s a lot easier, and we wouldn’t have techniques posted and talked about in our guides here if they don’t help you LD. :wink: As with any technique, not a lot is set in stone as to what will help you personally LD.

Using DEILDs is easier than WILD, but I’d still advise waiting a while until you’re a bit more experienced with LDs until using it. DEILD is pretty much the same process as WILD, except if you wake up, you don’t move, and then stay aware while falling asleep back into the dream.

Hello Everyone! :woo:
The last couple of days I have been trying to perform WILD while falling asleep at night. I have been getting some positive results like my hypnagogic hallucinations have been getting more and more vivid every night that I do it. But i was just wondering how long it usually takes you guys to fall into your dreams with this technique?
Thanks!!

If you do it at the beginning of the night it could take 45 minutes to an hour or longer. If you do it later, like 5-6 hours after first going to sleep it can be a matter of minutes. You could do a full WBTB, but I usually just take enough time to write in my DJ (if that long) and go back to bed.

Thanks and one more question. Does SP also have some kind of numbness feeling to it. Last night I noticed that i couldn’t really feel a number of body parts like my hands
Thanks!!!

People will give various different accounts of what SP feels like. Every time I’ve experienced it I have literally felt like something was keeping me from moving rather than just a random numbness. But one word of warning: SP is not necessary to have a WILD. It can be helpful, for sure, but so many people get caught up trying to induce SP that they forget their overall goal of becoming lucid. Remember, the point of WILD is to forget your body, so if you spend all of your time going “I feel numb, is this SP? How about now? Now?” then your chances go waaay down.

“WILD appeals to me because I enjoy seeing things evolve and progress over time” :smile:

I just reach the SP part of the WILD technique and totally lost concentration. I’ve been training with WILD four days ago, so I guess this was a really good attempt, I also noticed that I had a bit of trouble with the HH they were really fast, and before I knew I was focusing in how agitated my breathing sounded.

I will keep trying cause I think that if you can go trough the whole WILD process then you can gain way more control in a LD than doing it the DILD way. Also right now doing some WBTB and I’m planing to combine it with WILD, I’ve never tried it before, hope it works :^)

I never had HI so I really wondered about this:
[community.ld4all.com/t/s0lll0s-dream-journal-diary-nd-fld-future-ld/34918/9) (last dream)
Also I haven’t got any HI until now too, Why?

You mentioned that in your other WILD attempts you were too focused on your body, that could be part of it. Also, HI is really only a dream forming, so it may be that you had mostly fallen into deep sleep before where there was no dream or you simply didn’t notice/remember.

I know I’ve had a few times where I begin experiencing HI and then something disturbs me. Within a few moments I forget what the HI was, and only know that it happened because I was thinking about it.

Hey guys, in the past I’ve tried WILD when going to sleep a couple of times but never got very far and didn’t see any HI. Well, 2 days ago I somehow managed to go into a full state of HI without even intending to, and without needing to relax my body for ages beforehand. I was lying in my bed trying to get to sleep at about 11am after having been repeatedly woken up by my alarm and falling back to sleep for the last few hours. I closed my eyes for maybe a minute and then started drifting to sleep, and for some reason I thought I was lying on my floor. Then all of a sudden, like a wave crashing over me I saw gray static and heard strange noises, and felt as though I was out of my body. I realized what was happening so I tried to visualize a dream space to enter and then the HI faded away after 10 seconds, and that was it.

But then yesterday I managed to do it again. It was also in the morning when I was trying to get back to sleep, and I thought I’d try imagining I was on my floor and see if it would trigger it again. To my surprise it worked, and the same thing happened with about 10 seconds of HI and strange noises which then faded away.

So my question is, what can I do to stop it ending so quickly and what should I do to enter the dream once I get into that state?

Hey there and welcome :wave:

HI can be really sensitive, specially in the beginning. You should try to just relax and stay aware. Just passively observe it for a while. after a while it should get a little more stable. You might hear some sounds and see some more detailed images… or not. Try to look at it in a more exploratory way, instead of focusing too much on what you would want to see and about entering the dream right away. They key is remaining aware as the dream forms itself.

When I get HI, right at the start, if I even “notice it too much” it goes away. If I’m able to let it evolve a little I can pay some more attention, but if I move my eyes (or “dream eyes”) to look at specific parts of it, it will go away. Then I’m able to look around gently, but that’s it. Anyway, this all depends on so many things too. Some people don’t even get HI… ever. And that’s ok.

I never got so far I slept, I always gave up after like 5minutes because inverses blinking showed me I amn’t tired enough anymore (could move my eyelids easily again). Shall I just wait and try to not concentrate on anything?

Well, you do want to make sure that you’re fairly relaxed before you try it. If you don’t feel tired, wait a bit until you feel like you are falling asleep. Just make sure you don’t accidentally let things go too far and you actually do fall asleep :wink:

Also, if you’re having trouble with eyelids moving/trying to open, try reverse blinking for a bit. Keep your eyes closed and then quickly open/close them. This usually tires them out after a while.

I am a beginner to lucid dreamer, what’s the best method to start, is it essential to stay still during WILD?

I strongly suggest the DJ above all if you are a beginner. After it has shown some good results, then go into methods. Try also some RC’s. For a very good “tutorial”, I recommend you to read Rathez’ Guide. That’s where I started off. :wink:

thank you so much, im reading through it right now, another question is, how can i increase my dream recall, i only occasionally remember dreams.

thank you

Hey, I’m new to this forum (and LDing in general), and I have some questions about WILD. I’ve looked at several FAQs, but since I can be a bit slow at learning some things at times, I just want to confirm some stuff.

1. I know that you generally need to be asleep for 5-7 hours beforehand, but what do I do afterwards? Do I just stay still? Do I need to wait for 30 minutes or something before attempting?

2. Do my eyes have to be closed?

3. The HI… I know they can be influenced by your SC and what you expect, but is there a way to control them so you don’t end up freaking out?

4. Also with the HI, will they just appear to be the only things I see, or will I see where I am with the HI just appearing in the background?

5. How long does this usually last? Staring at HI or listening to HS for an hour or so seems kind of freaky.

6. And finally, how will I know when I am almost in the LD?

Thanks in advance for replies.