The summer ld motivation/progress logger thread

Hi guys, Summer is coming up and thus many of us teens have time off school which makes it much easier to try lucid dreaming. This thread is for those who are going to try to make that big push this summer to reach their goal (first ld/more constant ld’s/whatever your goal is).

Join with me and post your progress here and then hopefully we can reach our goals together and much easier.

Hey, I’m also planning on getting further with lucid dreaming this summer. I lost most of the motivation and didn’t have enough time because it was a tough year at school, but now that I’m done with that I can finally put more effort into it :happy:.

Well, for me summer started already a month ago so the “not-enough-time” excuse won’t justify my laziness… The problem for me is lack of motivation. I have a tendency to expect results without doing anything and it applies not only to LD’ing. Though it usually takes only one fine DJ entry of someone who just had the finest LD of their lives to get me hyped up, it’s only temporary. Still, I’ve been trying hard for the past week or so to update my DJ frequently enough in hope of improving my DR and I’ll try to stick with this goal.

Well, I’ve nothing better to do. Back to the plan I made when I knew virtually nothing about LD-ing. Try WILD every night!

/me shall log here.

Although it’s summer break for me now…in like 3 days I have summer school :sad: . But I’ll try my best anyways. I’ll post whatever progress I make here.

I hardly dream during school days because of tests, additional stress etc. which makes me forget about lucid dreaming, so Summer, as well as other holidays is indeed the best time for lucid dreams. Though, I’ve told myself that from now on I’ll try to dream even when the holidays are over, though I don’t know how that will work out. At the moment I’m trying to achieve my first LD of 2011 and, hopefully, complete a few goals.

The last nights 3 nights I have had a long vivid dream in each, none lucid yet, but getting back into it again.

my goal is to have my first LD, which i think ill be able to achieve this summer, good luck everyone!

My goal is to get better at dream recaling and have my first LD in summer :smile:

my goal was to get my first ld this summer after school, and my wish was fulfilled last night! Hoping for another tonight!

This week I had 2 lucid dreams. They weren’t very special, as they lasted only for a few seconds, but it means that I’m on the right track to get more & better LD’s :smile:

First LD was followed by almost instant FA. I would have done a RC if I had actually woken up in my bed, but instead, I woke up already walking in my room. Quite weird FA :happy:

Second LD, which I had today also lasted for about 5 seconds. That was probably caused by the fact that I got lucid to late in my REM-sleep and was about to wake up. During this LD everything went black and I realised I was in my bed. At that moment I tried to do a WILD/Chaining. I got to the stage of SP, HI and HS, but was woken up by my mom, who walked into my room. Insert rage here.

My Goals:

Have better DRs.
Have more vivid dreams.
Have my first LD.
Have many more than my first LD. :tongue:

Complete

Incomplete

i’m now pretty in the middle of my summer vacations (was about 3 weeks in norway before) and I have to start now! Theres not that much time left: only 2 and a half weeks. :cry:
So my goals are:

start wbtb again color=green[/color]
continue dream recall by writing in my dream journal
trying this “always aware”-technique (featured some days before in quest for lucidity)
Wish me luck :grin:

I want to achieve my current LD goals so I work hard (you know I’m not that good at LD-ing) to get at least one LD but no success so far… :neutral: I don’t know why but LD-ing is harder for me in summer - my first LD came when I went to school :eek: