New member here - I'm Lucid!

So, a lil about my experiences. I never had a lucid dream 'til I moved to Hawaii. Then I had 2. Both were extremely detailed, and when I woke up I thought, wow, that was an intense dream. Then I REALLY woke up, and realized I had a dream within a dream. That’s when I learned about lucidity. Then I saw the movie Inception. That really motivated me to start trying.

I got a lot of tips from this website, and others too. I couldn’t force myself to become lucid, so I just started working on my dream recall. I have an iPhone that I keep next to me. Whenever I wake up from a dream, I record a voice memo of the dream.

My dream recall started getting better; however I was still a bit annoyed at not having lucid dreams. But then one day I had one. It was the 1st one since I knew about them and had been trying. This let me know that I was on the right tract. Of course, I woke up almost right away after becoming lucid.

Then a few days ago I had 3 lucid dreams in the early morning hours! In the first one, when I became lucid I started to stare at what was in front of me. It was so real. But then this strange feeling came over me.

The best way to describe it was a rush; although I don’t think that really justifies this strange feeling. It got more & more intense (within a few seconds) that I couldn’t take it anymore. I knew I was dreaming, but I had to wake up, because it was so intense.

I’ve felt this several times now. I read here about incorporating your other senses to stay in the lucid dream. I tried this in one, & was able to stay in it for a decent amount of time. In this dream, not only did I have vision, but I incorporated feel, and even smell into it! That was pretty awesome.

The night after I had 3 lucid dreams, I had 3 more. Most of them were very short. In fact one was between hitting snooze on my alarm, lol! I was in my dream thinking I need to make the most of this, because I knew my alarm was gonna go off, ha!

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to this website in general & the people here. I look forward to discussing mine and your lucid dreams. My dream journal is voice memos. Pretty interesting to hear myself all groggy in the middle of the night or early morning describing my own dreams, especially the lucid ones!

I look forward to hearing from you guys and discussing our dreams! Curious what you guys think!

I’m off to bed to hopefully become lucid again!

Kermit

Welcome and congrats Kermit!!!

So it looks that you know all basic things about lucid dreams, the only thing that remains is to practice, practice and practice! :grin:

With time you’ll feel comfortable enough to start experience with techniques[if you already didn’t start] and like I said, just practice!

Hey thanks!

Thought I’d mention a couple of false awakenings I’ve had recently. One was simi-vivid, and the other extremely vivid, but both were very similar. I’ve been recording my dreams with my iPhone using voice memos. Well in both fa’s, I started to record the dream I just had on my phone, just to realize I actually wasn’t awake!

The 2nd time this happen, I actually woke up annoyed, because I had recorded most of my dream, just to wake up & realize I had to record it again, because I was actually sleeping, ha!!!

When I was coding 80+ hours a week I had a dream in which I coded the key to happiness and knew beyond a doubt that it could instill happiness through it’s application. Anyways, I woke up and spent hours writing it out on the dry-erase boards that cover my walls and made many notes only to wake up to the sound of my roommates alarm in the next room. I couldn’t remember anything that I had written down but clearly remembered having excitedly taking down notes and working it out. Those false awakenings can be really frustrating when there is a lot of money involved, especially if you do an RC only to prove to yourself you’re not dreaming and that you actually do have a billion dollars to your name