Had 1

Ok, so I had my first lucid dream in 10 years. Wow!

It was kind of funny…I was dreaming, realized I was dreaming, but didn’t care that I was realizing that I was dream.

But I started thinking of what to do in the dream…should I become a wizard and go around casting spells? Or maybe create a world? Or perhaps just fly around aimlessly?

Then my cat decided to jump on me.

Til next time!

Moved from Quest for Lucidity :tardis:

Congratulations :content:

One thing you can do to help get rid of that “what now?” feeling is to keep a set of goals handy. I know this last dream was probably a bit unexpected, but keep that in mind. And, since you have finally had another, there’s no time better than now to really get back into lucid dreaming :happy:

Thanks for the advice.

I should’ve included this in my post…my theory as to why I had a lucid dream is this:

Before bed, I drank quite a bit of water. So around 2AM I got up and went to the bathroom. I then had trouble falling asleep again and I went downstairs, sat around for a good 15 minutes not really doing too much of anything. I then went back to bed and next thing I know, I was dreaming!

Congrats! :smile:
Seems to me like you did a perfect WBTB :happy: Drinking water before going to sleep is pretty much the most natural way to wake yourself up for a WBTB, I should try this more!

If you haven’t heard there is technique for DR with water, so before you lie down drink half of glass and say to yourself that you will remember your dreams when you wake up and when you drink another half… Never tried that one but there is nothing to lose…

EDIT: ohh :grin: , cmt9000 congrats on your LD!

congrats cmt9000! :content: I suppose you will be drinking a lot more water before bed? Lol.

Hmm, one’s able to kill two birds with one stone :hmmm:
This is going to be my new way of doing WBTB, thanks dB_FTS!

I think the key, for me at least, was actually going downstairs for a bit, and then trying to go back to sleep.

I’ve spent years trying to do the technique(can’t remember the acronym) where you go to bed and try and let your body fall asleep and your mind remains awake.

So tonight I will try and do this again. I can basically guarantee that I will wake up at some point during the night if I drink enough water. So I will just need to remember to walk downstairs and hang out for 15-20 minutes.

I did a modified version of WBTB. I didn’t engage my mind in much of anything. I just sat on the couch for about 15-20 minutes, then walked back upstairs to goto bed.

the acronym is, WILD.
goodluck with your modified WBTB method tonight. :tongue: