How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

i first started lucid dreaming just because im a very curious person and when a friend told me about it i just had to try it. It took about 5 months i think to get my first one, and i’ve only had a few, but im working on it!

On this site, and because i was so exiting to lurn this stuff!!

I learned LD with this site. I always use RC’s.

I have learned LD at about the age of 16 (Yeah very old).
My friend was trying to achieve one and he told me about what a LD is so I thought that I could attempt for it as well.
My first LD was induced with DILD by the help of just doing RC and paying attention while I do it all day and every day.
The first LD lasted for something like 15-30 seconds and it faded really quick since my heart kept on pounding :razz:
Today I am trying to return to this world since I have neglected it for the god knows what time. I use mostly auto-suggestions MILD and WILD.
Back in the days I was constantly LDing (At least 1 LD a night in average) I was LL, autosuggestion and MILD in the weekends. Only if I woke sporadically at night I would attempt a WILD/VILD.
:razz:

Both of my dreams happened when I went to sleep early and wasn’t really tired. I rolled around for an hour or two, then I give up and go take a drink because my mouth usually dries out very fast, maybe even take a leak, then I laid back down, and fell asleep and woke up probably 5-10 times during the night. The last period of my “irregular” sleep is the one where I become aware and lucid. Then I wake up and get out of bed. It’s weird.
I should add, I never used RC.

I tried WBTB, WILD, but accidental DILD is the only thing that seems to work…

Also my first lucid dream was on August 7th, the second was on August 17th. I have no idea how many lucid dreams per year you guys have, but 2 in a month, is this good or bad for a starter? (I’m not a “natural” either)

Well, when I finally found out what a lucid dream was, and what it can do, (this was 1 year ago) I searched it up, and saw a bunch of reality checks. So I often did the hand checking one. Eventually, I did a hand reality check in my dreams, and so, that’s how I learned to lucid dream :smile:

One day, I wanted to know how to lucid dream at will. (the day I joined) So I searched up “How To Lucid Dream At Will” and I got the WILD method. After researching and researching, this one person on yahoo answers told me to go on Ld4all.com. And so I joined! And I learned more about other techniques I am currently using :smile:

0.0 It’s pretty good for a starter, I mean, as a starter, my first lucid dreams were only like 1 each four months.

Hi Before I started looking into LD’s i may have had 2 or 3 years apart. But since Ive been studying reality and obe and ld ive had say 3 in the last year. Im now training myself with the RC to try and make them more regular

I learned about LD from Castaneda’s books. I was trying to look at hands for about a month, then had a LD. I wish I had known about other methods, not only about this one. Then I could learn to LD much faster. :sad:

Why do you think thats old? Just look at it like this: you have about 60 more years to master LD’ing. :razz:

I learned about LDing when i was searching something about dreaming and ended up at this website.

DEILD

I was looking up stuff on preventing sleep paralysis on Wikihow when I came across lucid dreaming. I was hooked but nothing happened so I gave up.
Then, I found a WILD-related post on Tumblr and so I got hooked again. After heavily researching lucid dreaming in a scientific view and other things, I went to the lucid dreaming subreddit (/r/luciddreaming), where I came across Dreamviews and this lovely site.
It’s pretty sad I gave up. I had a couple of really short lucid dreams but I couldn’t do anything about them. Now that I have been here on ld4all for a while, I’m now teaching my friend how to LD.
I wonder who else has gotten into lucid dreaming from Wikihow and Tumblr. Hmm.

As far as I know, ive always been a lucid dreamer. It wasnt untill last year that I actually realized what I was doing so I decided to do some research on it. Now I lucid dream whenever possible.

I saw on the Internet by accident and I wondered.Then I had research about it , looked for websites etc. I learned it.But had only one :smile:

He he… When I was a child, I was there, fazed in a dream… A big giant red “hit me”-like dreamsign came out of the blue. “This is a dream!” I told myself in excitement. The dream characters looked at me with faces like they are so confused. I didn’t care about them that time. Some even asked me “If this is a dream, can you fly?” I took that as a challenge.

Wings materialized (I was a child! Vivid imagination was my middle name) as if out of my very will. I flew, breaking the 10-foot ceiling as I escaped. I flew all the way to the place I always wanted to go in my dreams… Mars…

I had very little idea what Mars actually was that moment. I just heard its a red planet near Earth that no one visited. So I went to it. Of course, I believed in aliens back then, so they were there. Little green men. I also noticed I didn’t run out of air cause it was a dream!

Anyway, point is, got interested, went to the library, used the card catalog, made a side trip about what running sentences was, and saw the book about lucid dreaming. I KNEW about lucid dreaming at the time, my dad had 2 of those… He told me its name before that incident, and I always thought that LDs were made by chance.

TL;DR: When I was a child.

I had been reading about astral travelling and was practicing a technique from the book, similar to MILD, and found myself at a friend’s door and spontaneously became lucid. I became so excited that I woke immediately so the whole thing lasted about 5 seconds! But the experience blew me away - awake in my own mind! That was 35 years ago and I have been studying and playing with LD ever since :smile:

I am learning from this site. it is very helpful. a few of my friends have thrown in suggestions. I have been doing reality checks, writing in a dream journal, and mainly reading through this site. All of you have been a great help and thanks.

Hey guys! :smile:

Im trying lucid dream for 1,5 week now and i was curious to know how did you, dreamers, started LD… Which technique did you use? when did you saw your first ld, and when did you finally could see LD every time you wanted to see…

If a topic like this exist, im sorry! :razz:
(bad english, sorry :tongue: )

The only thing i could say about my LD practise, is that i had once a lucid dream for 30-45 seconds, where i was trying to fly but i could just go very slow and i flew about 20 meters high… low lucidity i guess

The first time I heard about Lucid Dreaming was not a long time ago. My sister came home and she told me that a friend of her was trying to be aware that he’s dreaming.
I was very interested and I started to Google it. Then I found out it is called Lucid Dreaming. Just a few days later I found this site, and it helped me a lot :smile:

I think it was a little over a year ago now, and I was on stumbleupon. I’m Buddhist, and how I learn about the stories of Buddha is I stumble about it. (I know, traditional right? :tongue: ) Now this brought be to the wikipedia page about lucid dreams, since the monks where some of the first people to lucid dream. I had already known about that, and not known what lucid dreams where, but my curiosity never sparked until this page was right in my face. I was immediately wanting to try, and a google search later I had small black dots from a sharpie on my hands, and asked myself if I was dreaming every time I saw them. My first lucid dream was two nights later, and I was soon keeping a dream journal. It was only a few weeks ago that a friend showed me this website, and now here we are. :content: