What Book Are You Reading? - Part IX

Dang i read alot… my kindle is overblown with books… but anyway i just finished “the son of neptune” and im half way ththough “The beyonders”

P.S. Kids get into reading If you do youll end up like me a freshman with a 12.9 Reading level :tongue:

Omg the Son of Neptune is out? Excuse me while I go fangirl scream. How is it? (No spoilers) XD

Yea i dident know that either until i was in Costco with my cousin and there it is and OMG ITS OUT!!! immediately went home and got it on my kindle and read the book in 2 days stayed up till 3:30 in the morning finishing it… IT WAS AMAZING! i love it and cant wait for the 3rd book to come out it has a huge cliffhanger at the end tho but is is awesome if you have kindle or nook i can give you the .MOBI file so you can read it, i would recommend it to you

Just found out Snuff was released in the UK last week… let’s see how fast I can get one

Just about to read “How Music Works” by John Powell. It’s incredibly well written in a very casual, friendly way. He’s obviously an incredibly intelligent man and has done some fabulous scores including How To Train Your Dragon as well as been involved in collaborations with Hans Zimmer on projects such as The Road to El Dorado.

Lol Twilight iz laik the best book evar. <3

Aha no.
I did read the Uglies trilogy though. Poor character development, amazing concept and strong plot.

I actually just bought Son of Neptune for my yesterday

Am I the only one who is disappointed that Percy is the focus?

(Only on the third chapter, though)

Well yea they could switch between camps every now and then but you don’t even see mension of half blood unroll the end but the next book should fix that and you will know why when its over

^ But the first book is just Jason at Camp Halfblood. And so of course the second would be just Percy at… the other camp. o_O Don’t spoil it for me /me is not planning to get the book for a bit XD

Yes you have the main idea

Hehe, it only gets better from there on out. I read the first book many years ago and it took about 200 pages before I was fully hooked. After that, though, the series didn’t let me go until I’d finished all four (at the time) books.

As someone who’s read all the books currently out in that series (multiple times): you won’t be disappointed.

Also: I recently finished The Wise Man’s Fear. I need something new. Thinking of either the Earthsea series or maybe the Farseer Trilogy. I’ll think about it for a while before I make a decision. Maybe I should read something lighter first, like some of the classics I have on my shelf that I haven’t touched since I bought them a year ago. I’m looking at you, Hound of the Baskervilles.

Currently The Cronicles of Narnia and I am on the third book right now

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I’m trying to get my hands on Catch-22 but whoever checked it out at the library still hasn’t turned it in. :sad:

Percy got his own series. Now he’s just being greedy

Alright, so Christopher Paolini’s “Inheritance” is coming out in about a week. Who else is excited? :razz:

I’m reading the first Stephen Laberge’s book. I let you guess. :tongue:

Currently halfway through book five of the Narnia series

Magy i wanna read it but i got the other books on my kindle so i will be but I just started the second XD
I will read the new one in a while… if i can ever get to it…

We’re reading The Pearl by John Steinbeck in language, just got through chapter 4. Not a bad book so far

Thanks so much for mentioning this, MagykKatte. :happy: I’ve been looking forward this book for such a long time! At the moment I’m finally reading the last volume of Otherland by Tad Williams.